The online racing simulator
How many mods will u allow? 120? And how is it decided whose mod gets accepted?
I think if there are unsaved changes, the LFS Editor should pop a dialog box asking if user wants to save the changes before closing. The Vehicle editor and the Modeller does show a dialog when trying to exit to entry screen but if the LFS Editor app itself is in window mode and I (accidentally) hit the close button then it will just close without asking anything.
Very cool to see mod support added to LFS, should definitely help overall interest (worked for me Big grin). Are there any plans to support UV maps or complete wheel models? So far those are the only major hiccups I've had transitioning from other workflows.
Attached images
lfs_00000007.png
lfs_00000008.png
Hey! I'm playing with it right now and can't find a way to add aero downforce. I didn't found any info about it in documents/tutorials. What I need to do to add working wings and change available setup options/values?

OK I figured out how to add wings Big grin
Thank you for this, already having lots of fun with the mods.
Quote from Mr. Kninja :Very cool to see mod support added to LFS, should definitely help overall interest (worked for me Big grin). Are there any plans to support UV maps or complete wheel models? So far those are the only major hiccups I've had transitioning from other workflows.

Finally the dream of racing NASCARs at Rockingham can be realized.
#33 - BIzO
Having fun making my own LX8 GTR, ty Scawen Thumbs upBig grin
Attached images
1.png
2.png
3.png
vlcsnap-2021-11-07-09h16m54s095.png
What are the advatages to mirroring a car in the LFS modeller instead of blender? (Importing half the mesh/Importing the whole car)
Great to see LFS finally deciding to officially support mods.

One thing I noticed when testing though was that there's no longer a "?" next to servers to let you see the users connected to them. Is there any reason this was removed? I found it quite useful before.
Quote from ClasK_03 :What are the advatages to mirroring a car in the LFS modeller instead of blender? (Importing half the mesh/Importing the whole car)

One disadvantage could be in texturing. Some LFS cars suffer from this where if you're in RHD (or LHD) and have used text as part of the dashboard, it now appears mirrored which is suboptimal.
suggest: allow EV adjust regen brake
#38 - BIzO
btw Scawen, is the editor something you made specially for mods purpose or is it the "real" software you guys used to create the OG cars? just being curious there
It is the development editor. Parts of it have been brushed up quite a bit in recent months to make it easier or more intuitive to use. I realise there is still quite a way to go with that! Smile
#40 - cuni
Oh Scawen thanks for the lush of fresh air coming in. Glad to see light and hope for the community to get back together. Congrats
Interesting decision, I like that there is an automatic download system and review process.
In other games, mods often add lots of content but also much hassle to the point where it hinders online play. I think it is important to keep mod quality high to ensure a good experience.

Quote from Scawen :How to try the mods system:

downloads, web pages, videos, documents

It might be good to have these instructions on the lfsmanual? Since it is a wiki, the community could help to improve the documentation.
For the videos, youtube allows to add timestamps/chapters:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1Fo_M_tj6w
That makes it easier to follow long videos or when you have to go back to a previous step etc.
Quote from HemmolanHemmo :How many mods will u allow? 120? And how is it decided whose mod gets accepted?

The 120-limit has been misunderstood many times recently... It's not a limit for the whole vehicle mod database on lfs.net, but rather a whitelist-like limit for a single server: a server will be able to allow/whitelist 120 different mods (identified by skin ID), which the server allows to be used. This feature is not implemented yet, though. Quote:
Quote from Scawen :
Quote from Bose321 :
Is it possible to accept/reject specific cars for a host? For example, people create their own new race class with modified TBO's or something, can you manage which mods are allowed or not via the server, or InSim? Like you can whitelist or blacklist a few mods by ID or whatever?

It's already possible through InSim and it is marked as a high priority task to manage a list of allowed mods in game, an equivalent of our current allowed cars but it's a more complex system. Current plan is a list of up to 120 allowed mods. For first test version it's just allow mods yes/no.

@Scawen Hey!
Please we need add stats show kph on Final Drive (Gear transmission)
Will easily see how much Gear kph is. We can without LFSLazy mod.

like example this:

Please and thank you! Smile
Where is the setup page of the suspension pivot is?
Attached images
擷取.JPG
Quote from scania :Where is the setup page of the suspension pivot is?

In the editor, press S to enter special draw mode, there you have to add points and change their type to "lower pivot" and "thrust bearing".
About the Go-Kart from @Scawen . Is it me or is it a bit strange on turning? May be some chassis flex is missing for the realism, but that would not be an easy fix.
Tyre deflection feels too much but it might not be fixable with current physic.
Clutch feels real.
is it possible to add a option of aero drag that input CdA directly?
How do mirrors work? I've tried looking at the base LFS cars for reference but I can't seem to get wing mirrors to work. (I'm trying to add a mirror to the Stock car (for realism) but can't seem to get it to work.
-
(ACCAkut) DELETED by ACCAkut : wrong thread
Quote from gu3st :How do mirrors work?

It should work by adding a texture page "s_mirr", adding a cutout based on that, and mapping that to side mirror triangles.
I've added a sub-forum to discuss mods Work in Progress.

https://www.lfs.net/forum/499

We are still getting too many mods submitted, which are just LFS cars with minor modifications. It's hard for us to keep up. Please take your time. Hiqh quality mods really take weeks, not hours.

I think it may be a good idea to discuss mods in the Work in Progress sub-forum to get feedback from the community before submitting the mod for review.
This thread is closed

LFS Mods [TEST VERSION] Introduction and Discussion
(231 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG