The online racing simulator
May Progress Report
(185 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Scawen :I can't really get into any discussions at the moment but we are working very hard and hope to say more within the next few weeks.

Petals No worries I just had to express myself.
Jimmy did a nice video indeed
also Billy Cherokee another youtuber, from Spain did a video as well one month ago, so Hispanic servers were booming lately

video - https://youtu.be/AkU1ov6apbg
Quote from Scawen :I can't really get into any discussions at the moment but we are working very hard and hope to say more within the next few weeks.

We'd love to hear something! An update saying you need some more time would be an update as well.
Yeah, it has been a long time. Longer than expected. We do want to say something this weekend, though.
new videos?
- New graphics and physics system
- Mods support

looking forward to this
It is finally happening.. wow
cant wait for some news hhhhh
progress report? I hope not! but all new is good! looking forward to what's to come!
Quote from Evolution_R :- New graphics and physics system
- Mods support

looking forward to this

Me too.
Really hoping it's to finally announce an update for public testing ahead of a release before Xmas.
If it is, then from what Scawen said back in May I'd be hopeful of new physics, lighting and track updates (except for Fern Bay).
Would be surprised if mod support was included, but that would be a huge bonus if it was.

Of course, maybe it's going to another progress report, but I'm getting a certain tingle this time.
i can't wait to buy a license once this update releases! Big grin
Quote from Scawen :Yeah, it has been a long time. Longer than expected. We do want to say something this weekend, though.

I am hyped! Thumbs up
i wonder, will the game be more gpu dependent? because one of the main reasons i am playing lfs is due to the high framerates. Uhmm
Yes, it will be to some degree.
I think that Scawen said in some of progress reports that the game will run even faster in DX11 mode and that he is not using the actual features of DX11 yet, except for the brightness information used for automatic exposure. The game will probably put more load on cpu and not so much on gpu.

We've come to a point where we are happy about the news that there will be some update news Smile
Came to say hello to everyone!
Intrigued by the news)
Quote from Anton :Came to say hello to everyone!
Intrigued by the news)

Hi Anton!
I noticed you saved your first forum post for more than 18 years.
No pressure on Scawen to make the announcement befitting Smile
Quote from farcar :Hi Anton!
I noticed you saved your first forum post for more than 18 years.
No pressure on Scawen to make the announcement befitting Smile

Haha I found that quite funny too. I think like Anton there are many who have been around since the beginning slowly (and quietly) watching our favourite racing sim develop over the years. Long live LFS!
I thought it would be fun to post on the forum)
Memories flooded, launched the game - and it is beautiful!
I'm glad the development continues.
No pressure, good luck to everyone!
Geez, ease up with the frequent posting Anton!
You're pushing towards averaging a post every 3000 days now.

Just kidding of course.
It's fantastic to still see old fans of the game still interested, and looking forward to the next announcement - whatever it will be.
Quote from farcar :...and looking forward to the next announcement - whatever it will be.

2022: Live for Speed 20th Anniversary Definitive Edition Big grin
This thread is closed

May Progress Report
(185 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG