The online racing simulator
May Progress Report
(185 posts, closed, started )
Of course men it'll be great,everything looks awesome in progress reports,just takes too long Shrug
I could test the new game Omg omg omg Thumbs up
Quote from Scawen :It's the usual thing. If we don't talk, it's "where are the devs" and "why have they abandoned us". If we do talk and excitedly announce things that we are working 12 hours a day on, then don't quite make a point where we had said "we hope to be able to say something on day X" then we get told off again by some people. There isn't really a way around that! Looking

But the really great thing is that most of the community members totally understand what we are talking about, and I am very happy to hear the nearly all positive comments since my last post. I'm working super hard on average 12 hours a day, 7 days a week, for quite a few months to get this current project ready for a public test patch. It's pretty tiring but think it'll be worth it. Smile

Considering that the current version is already quite great, I have no doubt the updated one will be even better.
This thread should be renamed to maybe progress report Smile

Take your time Scawen, we appreciate your efforts.

PS. add min ffb/force slider and ffb clipping indicator.
Quote from Scawen :It's the usual thing. If we don't talk, it's "where are the devs" and "why have they abandoned us". If we do talk and excitedly announce things that we are working 12 hours a day on, then don't quite make a point where we had said "we hope to be able to say something on day X" then we get told off again by some people. There isn't really a way around that! Looking

But the really great thing is that most of the community members totally understand what we are talking about, and I am very happy to hear the nearly all positive comments since my last post. I'm working super hard on average 12 hours a day, 7 days a week, for quite a few months to get this current project ready for a public test patch. It's pretty tiring but think it'll be worth it. Smile

People are just impatient because they are so excited to see your updates so try to take their impatience as a compliment. If they wouldn't care about your work they wouldn't complain.
Quote from Viperakecske :What "soon" means in Scawen language?
"hope to say more within the next few weeks." took 1.5months just to say you're gonna delay the update once again.
Isnt it easier just to say an exact date?

We've noticed few player from the community is testing whit you guys,just release it as a test patch and problem solved yes

I'm afraid that you got misunderstanding of the situation in which the development of LFS is. Maybe subconsciously you try to compare it to other big projects and because of this you have that resentment.
LFS developers are investing all the time, but that is only 2 people, one writes the code and the second is engaged in modeling and texturing. And it's all. Other projects may have dozens or even hundreds of developers. There is no need to compare it.

And there is no easier to say the exact date. Considering that they constantly have new ideas, or they take what they see in the Improvement Suggestions threads and appearing bugs which amount depends how big update itself. All this requires additional time to resolve. If they said the date, it would also constantly delay, which would cause even more complains.

If the Scawen said "soon" (who never says anything about the update time and date) then it means it is already on the horizon. And they always release updates earlier as a test patch so that others can suggest improvements and find bugs, so you didn't suggest anything new. And maybe I'm wrong, but im belive the test patch will appear during the November.

I don't worry, I'm convinced it will be awsome as usual 👌🏻. Keep the faith Scawen and Eric ! You did great until now, and the few snapshots already shared indicate it will be epic in a near future 🥳
Based on hints scattered through Scawen's posts from last three months and May progress report, I'm now really confused about what it is that's going to be released. I guess that's part of the plan too. Wink
Sometimes, it turns out there's a reason why "the last things on your list" are still on your list. Big grin
Well I'm hyped to see what this could possibly be. My bet is modding support Big grin
That Scawen is referring to this as a 'project' rather than merely an 'update', is interesting.
Quote from Viperakecske :What "soon" means in Scawen language?
"hope to say more within the next few weeks." took 1.5months just to say you're gonna delay the update once again.
Isnt it easier just to say an exact date?

We've noticed few player from the community is testing whit you guys,just release it as a test patch and problem solved yes

Any developer that can tell you an exact date is either bullshitting you or already has it completed.
last on the list... hmmm.... free2play model with loot boxes? Smile
Nah, I guess that never even made it onto the list, so something else. Big grin
Rally pack and mod support, yes.
Allow formula rallycross hotlapping
just please fix the "eric curb" phenomenom Smile
I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Must be some good stuff when even a teaser (report) gets teased. Looking
Also if the webservers need to be upgraded... expecting more load soon?

However I have come to fear the word "soon" within the context of LFS Razz
So far "soon" covers a timespan starting from 2009. But that is probably something that bugs Scavier as much as the rest of us.
Quote from three_jump :Also if the webservers need to be upgraded... expecting more load soon?

No, this is because they actually went and died Tilt
Now i think "the last things on the list" might include the (in)famous Wink new tyre physics. If I remember correctly from old comments, the possibility of a version with new graphics and current (old) physics was not ruled out completely, only something best avoided if possible.
Bufff, the last messages make me even more hyped....
Few messages and the speculations circus begins... Face -> palm
What's the point worrying so much? LFS still works very well and when something get's updated,it will be fun to enjoy it. Until then let's just have fun with racing or have other hobbies. Shrug
Quote from Eclipsed :Few messages and the speculations circus begins... Face -> palm
What's the point worrying so much? LFS still works very well and when something get's updated,it will be fun to enjoy it. Until then let's just have fun with racing or have other hobbies. Shrug

Uh-hu

Let's not be harsh with how other people perceive the thing, I must admit that with the usual quality of Scavier work it's hard to contain the excitement about an incoming update Smile.

At this point any discussion (within the rules) in this forum is a happy event in my book, it shows that there is still an active small community that cares about the game.
Thanks for the info @Scawen. Appreciate the feedback and hope to test soon whatever you have done!
My opinion: this situation was caused because the new graphics system was announced way too early and many people was hyped and expected to be released sooner (or in a reasonable time frame), which did not happen because a new opportunity has arisen to make it even better (adding a dynamic lighting, richer tracks environments and many more time consuming tasks), and a decision has to be made - either to release a less polished graphics improvement or to dig deeper into the researching and developing process in an attempt to bring the best for this update. In the end I think this was the right, but hard for everybody decision. Smile
This thread is closed

May Progress Report
(185 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG