The online racing simulator
May Progress Report
(185 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Evolution_R :2022: Live for Speed 20th Anniversary Definitive Edition Big grin

Hope it comes with fishing boats.
And rallypack, or the seal gets it.
Play-to-earn cryptocoins.
Quote from farcar :Geez, ease up with the frequent posting Anton!
You're pushing towards averaging a post every 3000 days now.

Just kidding of course.
It's fantastic to still see old fans of the game still interested, and looking forward to the next announcement - whatever it will be.

At least the recent activity is people excited about the game, rather than more irrelevant conspiracy theory nonsense in Off Topic that goes unmoderated until I report it.
Quote from Scawen :Yeah, it has been a long time. Longer than expected. We do want to say something this weekend, though.

Can we have some nice Christmas gift this year, then? Big grin
Maybe an early christmas gift?
Hello community members!

I said (a few posts back) we wanted to say something this weekend.

It's not just a progress report this time - we have something usable too. But we only want to announce it when it is available for public testing. We've been on a big push to get it ready this weekend but more things have come up in testing. The usual things... a few bugs, a few suggestions, some coding things that look simple actually taking all day. We also ended up needing to install new web servers.

So we have to delay a little longer. But this update, which may well not be what you expect, really will be "soon". Smile

EDIT: Just to be clear - it is going well, but we will not make an announcement this weekend.
Awesome news, and my F5 key also thanks you for the update Big grin
Nice
Nice to hear Scawen! Looking forward Petals
Goodluck and keep up the good work..
Not surprised, that this was going to happen. Typical Scawen message Big grin

Anyway, i'm looking forward to the big update.
Cannot wait to drive on the new refreshed tracks.
Keep up the good work. Smile
Quote from Scawen :But this update, which may well not be what you expect, really will be "soon". Smile

We all expect the updated tracks with the new graphics and more or less the new physics.
But then again we do not expect it so soon, so it will be less expected and still a valid point. Smile

If thats not the case, then I guess this update will be about vehicle modifications (in the public version of LFS). Shrug
Quote from Racon :Awesome news, and my F5 key also thanks you for the update Big grin

Indeed 😁
That's good to read ! maybe mods support with an editor for imports/exports ?
Quote from Scawen :Hello community members!

I said (a few posts back) we wanted to say something this weekend.

It's not just a progress report this time - we have something usable too. But we only want to announce it when it is available for public testing. We've been on a big push to get it ready this weekend but more things have come up in testing. The usual things... a few bugs, a few suggestions, some coding things that look simple actually taking all day. We also ended up needing to install new web servers.

So we have to delay a little longer. But this update, which may well not be what you expect, really will be "soon". Smile

EDIT: Just to be clear - it is going well, but we will not make an announcement this weekend.

We will therefore wait a little longer. I'm sure we won't be disappointed
I hope you finally found solution about cracked licenses...
Yes great Scawen!

... but now we can't sleep for a week. ^^
Atleast classic.fm can end the series the way its meant to, on classic combo.
I'll be sincere with this: Although I like the optimism showed by the different members of this community, I think the communication between the developers and everyone else has been poor to say the least. The process of developing should include the community. Informing us what is wrong and what is needed to fix it (in great detail) should be the norm. Being radio silent it's not -in my opinion, of course- the way to go.

Also, it's understandable that you are working hard enough to give us a test patch that works. But you don't need to give us an estimate, just release some date when you are EXTREMELY sure that it will be released in that timeframe. If the developers are not cautious with this, it will only backfire and it will create frustration inside the community once again.

Although I must say that at least some right steps has been taken: to say "Soon" is better than "Next week" and end up in frustration.
Quote from Scawen :It's not just a progress report this time - we have something usable too.

Quote from Scawen :But this update, which may well not be what you expect, really will be "soon".

From previous correspondence, I was expecting tire physics and graphics updates to be part of the next update.
I guess I'm no longer expecting this. Shrug
Best thing to have is to have no expectations at all, and just enjoy the current product.

Updated product wont be that much different, so If you enjoy LFS now, you will enjoy it after the update also, so no point in not racing now.

If you prefer something else to LFS at the moment, I doubt enough will change to sway you back to LFS. We need atleast 5x more racers online daily to be able to start some real daily pick up racing, and even then it will be quite limited to only few servers.

disclaimer : I'm talking all that straight outta my ass, but on current evidence, the upgrades wont be big for end user experience. Except if Eric goes crazy on sausage kerbs usage...but then it will be change for worse.
delay xd
What "soon" means in Scawen language?
"hope to say more within the next few weeks." took 1.5months just to say you're gonna delay the update once again.
Isnt it easier just to say an exact date?

We've noticed few player from the community is testing whit you guys,just release it as a test patch and problem solved yes
Quote from Viperakecske :What "soon" means in Scawen language?
"hope to say more within the next few weeks." took 1.5months just to say you're gonna delay the update once again.
Isnt it easier just to say an exact date?

We've noticed few player from the community is testing whit you guys,just release it as a test patch and problem solved yes

so you can NOT test again and then complain when new ky1 wr whit uf1 on r5 comes
It's the usual thing. If we don't talk, it's "where are the devs" and "why have they abandoned us". If we do talk and excitedly announce things that we are working 12 hours a day on, then don't quite make a point where we had said "we hope to be able to say something on day X" then we get told off again by some people. There isn't really a way around that! Looking

But the really great thing is that most of the community members totally understand what we are talking about, and I am very happy to hear the nearly all positive comments since my last post. I'm working super hard on average 12 hours a day, 7 days a week, for quite a few months to get this current project ready for a public test patch. It's pretty tiring but think it'll be worth it. Smile
This thread is closed

May Progress Report
(185 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG