The online racing simulator
Sim Broadcasts - Livestream partner for your sim racing event

Hello Racers,

In April 2020, we announced Sim Broadcasts, a race commentary and broadcasting service for events and series in Live for Speed. We have since enjoyed more than three years of fantastic racing, and in 2023 we completed our 300th broadcast. During the tumultuous year of 2020 we were lucky enough to partner with a number of series organisers to provide coverage of their racing action and are grateful to them for allowing us to develop as a team at the beginning of our own journey. Since then we have been able to take on more and more projects as our technical infrastructure improved and our https://simbroadcasts.tv/about grew. Looking ahead to 2024 we have set ambitious targets and will be broadcasting more regular championship coverage than at any time previously on our channel.

We thought we would take the time to introduce ourselves properly to make the community aware of what it is we are doing and what we have planned for the future. We also hope to make event and series organisers more aware of how they can book broadcasts for their own races. For those of you who are hearing about us for the first time, we are streaming regularly on the Sim Broadcasts Twitch and YouTube Channels and you can keep tabs on the races we are covering on our broadcast calendar.

Our Journey So Far

Over the years, many great series have come and gone, some of which will forever exist only in the memories of the drivers who took part in them. The friendships, rivalries and racing drama, lost to time. Of course, back in the heyday of Live for Speed, race organisers such as New Dimension Racing were organising regular coverage of their series, with voices and drivers, whom some of you may be familiar with nowadays in professional motor racing, series organisation and commentary. In more recent times, large series such as CityLiga, which attracted 3 grids worth of drivers on a fortnightly basis would have their own dedicated livestream, capturing the racing action, saving it so that it may be enjoyed again in future. These broadcasts were only made possible thanks to a dedicated team of people close to the core of each of their respective series. There has never been a team of people dedicated to providing live coverage of the action to more than one series at a time in Live for Speed. As such, a lot of great racing action will never be relived. That ends now.

Sim Broadcasts was formed to make event live streaming available to more series than ever before in Live for Speed so that the action may be enjoyed by more than just the drivers, and savoured after the event. Our dedicated team have been working to improve the quality of Live for Speed broadcasts, providing a familiar, yet customised viewing experience for a plethora of different series. Now with 300+ broadcasts behind us and partnerships with 20+ series organisers, we are able to offer regular coverage of a large variety of different racing action to private and public audiences, promoting series, increasing the participation and exposure of what Live for Speed has to offer. We have also started broadcasting in iRacing recently, but Live for Speed continues to dominate our calendar and the demand for our coverage is stronger than ever.

Thank you to the series organisers we have partnered with so far.

Our custom broadcast software for Live for Speed is in ongoing development, offering a rich viewing experience without distracting you from the action. Our advanced camera system provides a suite of different onboard, track-side and blimp cameras, capturing the racing action from more angles than ever before. We have a number of different projects in the works to improve not only the race broadcasts, but also systems to compliment the racing action for competitors and series organisers, in the form of live-timing and detailed live analysis of the race. We are always on the lookout for feedback and would love to hear what you think of our broadcasts so far, what you have liked, and what you think could be improved. We are still relatively small compared to other esports broadcasting businesses, but with your help, we are working to continually improve the quality of our service for our audience.

Commentary and Broadcast Services for Event Organisers

If you are organising a racing event, we would love to hear from you, especially if you are considering the idea of sharing the action with the sim racing community. We can cater to any and all racing events in Live for Speed, whether that be a one-off event, a sprint series or a full endurance championship, we would be delighted to work with you. For endurance championships we now offer a highlights package which can provide a summary of a previous round's action for your audience and competitors. During an event we offer expert commentary, custom graphical overlays including a dynamic timing tower, integrated with our advanced camera system as well as a means for drivers and teams to participate in mid and post-race interviews. Your broadcast will be available to watch immediately on Twitch and the following day on our YouTube channel. For a full list of our current services and details on how to request your broadcast, please visit our website. We are also recruiting if you are interested in joining our growing team!

Sim Broadcasts on the Web

For more information on Sim Broadcasts, and to keep up to date with our shows, livestream replays and news, please follow us on social media and follow/subscribe to us on Twitch and YouTube. We are grateful for your support, now get out there and keep racing!

Fragmaster partnered with Sim Broadcasts for broadcast of our 10 year Fox Friday anniversary 3 hour race. I think it lifted the profile of the race, giving it better overview of action and knowledgeable commentary. As a big bonus, race is avaible for later viewing, so it stays as a nice memory.

The crew is professional and easy to work with, I recommend them to anyone wanting to give their league or an individual race a bit bigger reach and higher profile.
Great project
and congratulations for him I believe he will support a lot on LiveForSpeed ! Smile

Just one thing I didn't realize, is providing support to events leagues paid for free?
I know at least one small league that might be interested.
Quote from joaopaulopt :Just one thing I didn't realize, is providing support to events leagues paid for free?

It is possible that we can do some work for free, however, due to the nature of the service we are providing, we do normally charge for it. We discuss the needs of a project with each client and then create a bespoke contract for them. We are flexible and do not want money to be an obstacle for series organisers. What we ask is that anyone wishing to have their event broadcasted simply get in touch, tell us what they need and we will do our best to accommodate.
Thanks to everyone who joined us yesterday to celebrate 50 Sim Broadcasts. Here's to the next 50 Thumbs up

Thanks for all of your support this year. We have 3 events left before the new year, we hope to see you competing, or joining in the chat festivities during these if you can!

Happy holidays!

Our 2021 Preview Show kicks off in just over an hour. We're announcing our new regular championship coverage and more over on https://twitch.tv/simbroadcasts from 19:00 UTC tonight, we hope you can join us!

Hi!

I've watched couple events which have used this as a Livestream partner and I'm really impressed how well you handle these events Smile

However, I have couple questions about this.

1) On your website (https://simbroadcasts.tv/about), you mention that there will be Live Timing coming soon. Is this going to be something similar to Wollet/Boothy/MoE-tracker (https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/73414)?

2) Degats mentioned that this broadcast software will be released to public at some point in the future (https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1958536#post1958536). If that's the case, could it be possible to use this software with AI's as well so it would be possible to use this both in Single Player and Multiplayer-modes (similarly how can you use TV Director in both of these modes)?

I assume that it could be possible, since the data which displays driver names (in standings etc.) looks to be taken from in-game racer names, not from usernames (again, in a similar way how TV Director displays that data in standings).

If yes, it's possible for me to be a beta tester especially for that thing, since it's really easy for me to organize AI-events in multiplayer as I have several S3-licensed accounts Smile
1) Sort of. We have a web tracker in the works, but we haven't nailed down a feature list for it yet.

2) There are parts of the InSim side that aren't yet set up to handle AI. There are some unique aspects of AI that complicate things. I intend to get them working at some point, but atm we have no need for it so it's a low priority for us.
I'll try to remember you when we get far enough to test, but it'll be a while Wink

Join our team!

We are now accepting applications for English speaking commentators for public and private projects in Live for Speed.

Apply now at: https://simbroadcasts.tv/join
I meant to post an announcement about this earlier today, but it was a bit busy and it slipped my mind, but this evening we ran our first broadcast with a number of notable changes:

We of course ran 0.6V with the increased packet rate, which we're very pleased to say gave us a noticeably better viewing experience with 40 cars.

We also ran at the max bitrate to Twitch, from our new AWS EC2 server which will be used for all of our future broadcasts, giving us a much more reliable network connection, and allowing us to stream to YouTube and other platforms in the near future.

The VOD is on Twitch now for you to watch and I'll post the YT reupload here soon: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/934381889

Edit: YT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kG74kJ8rbng
In case you missed it:

2022 Preview Show | Sim Broadcasts

We announced the following coverage packages for LFS:
  • Renewed coverage of both the RTFR and RTFRXL championships
  • MRC's E-Challenge 2022 Season
  • 12 Rounds of Fragmaster's GTi Thursday Series
  • Remainder of MRC's BF1 League Season 2

Thank you for your support during 2021, we hope you have a great 2022!
Suggestion: could it be possible to add some kind of text explanation for role icons displayed in your broadcasts? What do I mean is that when I watched 271st Rony's Tuesday Fun Race on YouTube, you can see at some point who is commentating and who is broadcasting this race. (This is shown around 20:40 mark)

What caught my attention during that broadcast is that icon next to Chris there. While those two other icons gave me a pretty good idea about what role that person has in this broadcast, that third icon didn't tell me anything straight away. Since this actually happened to me, I'm pretty sure that some first-time viewer can be easily left wondering what role that Chris is actually having in this broadcast? Is Chris some kind of steward in this event, or interviewer, or what?

Alternatively, you could just add those icons and explanations to them on your website Smile
Thanks for the feedback. Chris is commentary liaison, meaning he feeds the commentary team and director extra information and generally oversees the production. That information is on the team page of the website but we will make it clearer during streams from now on. Cheers!
Sim Broadcasts celebrates 2 years today!

Thank you for your support on our journey so far!

Attached images
sbtv-tweet.png
Best broadcast team! Keep it in same way and even better!
Preparations are well underway for the next LFS endurance race, a partnership between Argentina Turismo, New Dimension Racing and Sim Broadcasts. Get ready for the Argentina Turismo 6 Hours of Kyoto on May 22nd!

The livestream will be available via Twitch at our usual link: https://twitch.tv/simbroadcasts and via YouTube: https://youtu.be/QSoXWsrtLt8

Make sure you press the "Set Reminder" button to be notified when the event is due to go live!

We are pleased to announce that Sim Broadcasts will be sponsoring the upcoming 6 Hours of Aston by Argentina Turismo.

The livestream will be available from 11:40 UTC on November 13th

We're almost a third of the way through 2023 and already we've seen a great number of events being organised, and many of those organisers have partnered with Sim Broadcasts to expose their series to the community.

We're really keen to grow our broadcast effort in Live for Speed, and that's why we're recruiting those who are keen to get involved in Sim Racing, but from the other side of the lens.

Sim Broadcasts are currently recruiting LFS Commentators and LFS videographers to join our team and to help us scale up the number of broadcasts we can produce for LFS!

If you're interested, please send in your application.

If you have any questions, you can contact us here, via Twitter, or via contact@simbroadcasts.tv

Attached images
join2023.png

We're taking booking requests for 2024! If you're planning an event or a series, please get in touch with us as we'd love to work with you in the new year.

Watch this space for our 2024 preview show where we'll announce upcoming championship coverage!

In the meantime have a happy holiday!

Sim Broadcasts - Livestream partner for your sim racing event
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG