The online racing simulator
Test Patch U11: Fixes / VR updates
(254 posts, started , go to first unread)
Quote from Scawen :
If you have a few minutes at some point, please could you try the new DLLs 4 posts up?
https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1954876#post1954876

I've tried the new dll.

Good news! It's much more smoother vr than the U610 !! To me, equal or maybe a little bit better than th U6.9 dll's. Constant 90 fps except a very few stutters in pit exit with 22 IA or on starting grid. Already have this ones with the U6.9.
Quote from Scawen :It seems to be OK for me now with the new DLL, in old and new LFS.

Happy to keep get a smooth Vr with DX 11 update Thumbs up

As i'm new racer, i'm not ready with the multiplayer (the multiplayer racers are sometimes 5 sec faster than me!). So i'm using the IA to progress, it helps a lot! But very frustrating with the IA, because i'm rapidly 2 seconds faster than the fastest Pro IA since i learn the car and the track...

I know you are doing a lot and it could takes time, but is it possible to plan a IA strengh based on percentage and agressivity? For exemple the weakest IA like it is right now and the strongest (120%) close to world record. It could help a lot of new drivers to progress and enter progressively in the multiplayer sessions...

Again, this simulator grows like a good wine! Really the most realistic simracing vr experience!
For me it's about the same, maybe slightly less stutters but fps still drops when more cars on screen.
Thank you for the VR test, Pistolero and Drifteris.

Quote from Pistolero 667 :For exemple the weakest IA like it is right now and the strongest (120%) close to world record.

It's hard to make the AI faster because they are using the same physics and same grip, so it's difficult to give them the skill level of an experienced real driver.

But I have worked on them in the new tyre physics system and I think they are more challenging now. I need to work on the tyre physics after finishing some more graphical updates. I hope to release the new tyre physics with the graphical update.
Quote from Scawen :
But I have worked on them in the new tyre physics system and I think they are more challenging now. I need to work on the tyre physics after finishing some more graphical updates. I hope to release the new tyre physics with the graphical update.

I know LFS is a online simulator, but a better IA could really introduce a lot new players in LFS multiplayer.

Very happy a better IA is also in the schedule Smile Very excited for the update

Thank you
-
(Stölzel) DELETED by Stölzel
Quote from Scawen :But I have worked on them in the new tyre physics system and I think they are more challenging now.

That would be really great!

Quote from Scawen :I hope to release the new tyre physics with the graphical update.

Really?!!! Omg omg omg I hope that too! Thumbs up
If it's in reasonable timeframe... (and not another "2008") it would be awesome. Big grin
Quote from Scawen :
[...]

Not a high priority request, but just in case you further work a bit on the AI, could you please fix it so the cars don't break suddenly for example when they come close to the wall in lap one in SouthCity and similar situations. More awareness of the player when overtaking would be needed too, so they don't push you into the sand pits.

LFS is such a great simulator, but racing with AI is not that fun until those are fixed. I always stay away from them for the first 1 lap to give them time to sort them out (if this makes sense).

EDIT: fixed misspelling
Test Patch U11 is now available with a minor improvement for VR and you can now control the strength of the Horizon Lock.

Changes from 0.6U9 to 0.6U11:

VR:
- Using latest update for OpenVR
- Improved timing of obtaining view each frame

Views:
- Horizon lock now has a strength slider option

Small improvement for ultrawide monitors:
- LFS now assumes 3 screens when aspect ratio is 4:1
- previously assumed 3 screens when aspect ratio was 3:1

Some more updated translations - thank you translators!

DOWNLOAD: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/93185
Quote from ksa_land :LFS is such a great simulator, but racing with AI is not that fun until those are fixed. I always stay away from them for the first 1 lap to give them time to sort them out (if this makes sense).

Not a real solution, but it helps mixing different AI skill levels, so they soon start "fighting" each other.
Man someone has to update lfsworld page :|
Quote from Tomislav531 :Man someone has to update lfsworld page :|

Is this something to do with the test patch?

It's not clear what you are saying.
Quote from Scawen :Is this something to do with the test patch?

It's not clear what you are saying.

No everything is fine with page just looks outdated. I guess I posted in wrong thread sorry.
Yes, I think it looks outdated too. It's like an old Windows desktop. I think maybe Victor could move each of the functions from that site over to the main LFS page, perhaps one by one. The trouble is he has another full time job so he doesn't always have much time for such things which aren't that high a priority.
It has its charm but is a bit painful from a mobile browser!
Quote from Pasci :That would be really great!

Really?!!! Omg omg omg I hope that too! Thumbs up

I also changes in AI!Nod
This is very good news, thanks guys.
-
(THE WIZARD DK) DELETED by THE WIZARD DK
Quote from Scawen :... I hope to release the new tyre physics with the graphical update.

This is one of the best news I've heard this year!
In any case, when building a new system in the future, when choosing VR, I will proceed from how cool it (VR) works in LFS.
Health to you, Scawen.
Quote from Scawen :I hope to release the new tyre physics with the graphical update.

Wow! That would make a lot of people very happy, yourself included no doubt Wink
After all these years, it somehow feels a bit more real now that you've mentioned it so casually.
Fingers crossed it's soon (LFS is still my favourite sim in many ways).
Quote from kristofferandersen :Great to hear! This next bit is slightly off-topic, but what are your thoughts on implementing Discord's Rich Presence?
https://discordapp.com/developers/docs/rich-presence/how-to

DarkKostas did make an InSim client to make some use of Rich Presence.
https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/91985-LFS-Discord%27s-Rich-Presence

Honestly I don't think it makes much sense for Scawen to implement a third party service like that, given the privacy concerns. Plus it's just work to undo if Discord dies at some point (whcih given LFS' longevity so far, it seems more likely that LFS will last longer than Discord).

I like Discord, but I think third party clients is the right thing for that kind of integration.
Quote from gu3st :Honestly I don't think it makes much sense for Scawen to implement a third party service like that, given the privacy concerns. Plus it's just work to undo if Discord dies at some point (whcih given LFS' longevity so far, it seems more likely that LFS will last longer than Discord).

I like Discord, but I think third party clients is the right thing for that kind of integration.

agree with you on this one.
LFS outlived teamspeak!
what i could imagine instead is.
LFS community developed some app or client for LFS to implement speech via ,
well whatever the community comes up with really. you will need a mic and some speakers.
some of you should be able to make such a thing. then devs can have a look at it and perhaps,
if they like it ofc, it could be implemented into LFS ?
honestly. im sure someone in this community is able to do that.
could CSR be a part of it? its got sound and it connects to lfs!
just a thought out loud.
iRacing has had voice chat built into the client for 10 years. It's not unreasonable (but not required) for LFS to implement it natively. A community solution seems unlikely to happen considering it's been 15+ years.
I am thinking all that would be needed, is have a single input text box for host to input an url to a standard discord link.

This would pop up, when first logging into the lfs server, and ppl would just click it and start talking... as it would load discord in browser or the discord program itself. This way everyone on that server would be talking together, using their own discord server, or a just a channel on an existing one.
That can already be accomplished with a MOTD upon joining. Then it's not bound to any audio platform.

Test Patch U11: Fixes / VR updates
(254 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG