The online racing simulator
I have a doubt
(43 posts, started )
Project cars series is kinda arcade.
Quote from ORION :I'd say a lot of people stopped racing in LFS because they grew old and gray, got kids, got jobs, and simply don't have the time anymore! Big grin

Indeed a lot did. Im still here waiting, 4 kids later. Maybe ill still be alive when the update is released and I can witness one of my kids try it out. lol
Hope we can see new photos and videos this month. Because there is no sound for 2 months
Quote from Mikus1212 :Project cars series is kinda arcade.

If the devs still worked for EA they would've called it NFS Shift 3 for sure.
https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/93514-Racing-Servers

close to my point exactly !

A "official" tutorial server that changes through all combos ,lightnings and winds/weather, temperatures etc..
so newcomers get a full perspective of what they can do inside LFS !
i strongly believe it would reduce such threads and at the same time help newcomers to quicker learn how LFS works. forexample going through some tutorial tracks too to get to learn about shortcuts and other things too LFS can do. i see many who had LFS for years,sometimes decades who asks the simplest things of binds or shortcuts for all kinds of things. mostly , how to reinitialise sound/controls. but other things like those too. let them get familiar with insim forexample in a nice calm way step by step or something. i think overall such measures would bring people closer to LFS and feel more at "home" so to speak. and it would make people feel more welcome rather than being tumbled into a new world you need to figure out on your own in most cases.
(im aware sometimes teams takes in someone strictly for that purpose ,but most of these stay in those circles, i speak of users who use LFS regularly but is not in pro teams).
also many have no idea how they access LFSW (LFS World) and upload skins and such. buddy list and more.
you dont really get around all that when you install and check it out. it could be nice to have some more introduction to the simulator than just a 30 sec replay that also disapears untill you learn about temp replays. and there you are. watching a menu screen. so how does this work. maybe if i go online and ask there. sure you will get answers here and there. but takes time to figure out how it works that way. alot of time actually.as said before, sometimes decades even for some people. i think by reducing that factor with some more help from developer side towards this, it could be a really nice journey into LFS where you not only learn driving but also how many things LFS can actually do. im also aware many in community has tried to make something "on the path" towards this and is also very helpful here in forums and online. but its by far not everyone who gets how it works anyways. and when you get a little here and a little there ,the tendencie is also to quickly forget about it. as such creating same questions over and over again.
i think a official server could help alot with many of those things if set up for it in a correct way. meant for everyone. skilled or new.

EDIT:
yes training menu..
when you install almost any driving game. you think DRIVE not learn how it works(your first focus would probably be, does my wheel or controlls work properly)(then test drive to check that out). its a car(i know how that works). i like to drive. THEN you fail for the 1000th time and first then, you see theres a training menu..
at some point you may then also fail the training missions. so you decide it probably wouldnt hurt too much if you go online to check out the game but on a DEMO server. which eventually gets to be your again, sometimes decade long introduction to LFS. surely that part of it must be able to be made better somehow?
kinda like theres a missing link somewhere. (and no im not asking for sasquatch images).

Quote from harun940 :Hope we can see new photos and videos this month. Because there is no sound for 2 months

i believe within the past year we had new sounds named :
SirenFast
SirenSlow
LFS/DATA/SOUND
(did you even notice these new sounds were applied?)

EDIT2:
the server idea could be made by community members with interest in it and interest in it for many years to come. who could be in direct contact with developers about how and what is on the server. and if devs needs to test something that is made possible without question, so developers always knows whats going on on the server and how, meaning full control, but with no real effort put into it as the working part would be made by whoever behind it.

as for the sound part. i checked it out better and how sound in LFS works. i think i get the major things now and also figured why i heard that hissing sound now. and because of how that works. im thinking its also highly possible for lfs to run sounds from specific parts of the track. forexample you pass the westhill lodge and hear people grilling or barbecue on the tables you also would pass by going towards the small kart track you hear engine sounds and further past the mall(ish) place, you hear shop bells and people talk and so forth. ambience. and i think that could do ALOT for LFS enviroments on tracks.
and im not even sure. but i know. scawen can make such a thing! Smile
Everything you write DK is just time wasted as none reads nor replies to you. Just quit the dreaming part of your approach towards LFS and be real.
I read his posts and there are some good ideas too. Smile
Quote from DReyes03 :Many users come to the forum to talk about this and do not pay attention to it.

We have a large community of sleeping dragsters. Plus, this could make lfs more fun - the cruise also needs it to set up 1/4 mile zones with auto-alignment and race time. "1/4 of mille"

i know that community
in brazil have another with 9.000

but a big part is crack users / lfspro and have a new cracked servers called lfsteam

this literally for nothing on the oficial community.
Quote from False hope :Everything you write DK is just time wasted as none reads nor replies to you. Just quit the dreaming part of your approach towards LFS and be real.

that dreaming part will bring you headlights and day/night cycle as a direct result from that.
1 year before it hit anyone.
maybe all i say isnt that stupid after all !!

if you can dream it. you can do it.

how about quitting being narrowminded ?

as it was adressed to me. i take it as a reply to what i wrote Wink
the irony just got better didn it.
-
(DReyes03) DELETED by DReyes03
-
(DReyes03) DELETED by DReyes03
some people here are more interested in trolling or being narrowminded . they do not see the need perhaps because they been to LFS many years or whatever, who knows.however. heres a little text message from a recent update from another game simulator (some might rekognize the title of which i will make no advertising).they write : Sound plays a very important role in interactive games, which is why we are very excited to introduce a new sound engine to the game in the near future.
and further writes : this is the first planned phase of bringing new and better sounds to our games. we are radically redefining the way we mix vehicle and environment sounds. We are switching from having two separate sound sets for the interior and exterior of your truck; to a new system which is based on a unified sfx set with various filters and effects applied on it during the final composition.

because SOUND immersion is key to visual immersion. for having a full experience (especially in VR)

All i really want is just one new car
And what is that going to change?
off//
Half-Life Alyx is out now and it's epic Big grin -

I think when LFS is finally on Steam will receive ~the same amount of positive reviews. ^^
Quote from Evolution_R :off//
Half-Life Alyx is out now and it's epic Big grin -

I think when LFS is finally on Steam will receive ~the same amount of positive reviews. ^^

Unless plebs take over and flood the reviews with thumb down for bad graphics and lack of content Big grin
After the graphics & physics updates with added content.*
-
(BerdyGaming) DELETED by Scawen : Please, stay polite. We are working hard.
Quote from Scawen :"look forward to having a go when it's ready". For us, it's a long project that we enjoy working on and are trying to make as good as we can.

I'm definitely in this camp. I must confess I have not loaded up LFS for a long time but I got my S3 licence as soon as I noticed it was available to support the developers. I got much more value out of this sim than the cost to me. Many fond memories, the kind of which I have not been able to adequately replace with any sim since, even though there are sims at this moment that occupy my spare time that LFS used to. It is always on my harddrive although not often up to date, but I do now and then check in here to see what's going on :-)

Really looking forward to seeing ongoing work coming to fruition.

Edit: Just an FYI I am here because of the reddit post and gave it an immediate updoot for visibility.
Quote from ORION :I'd say a lot of people stopped racing in LFS because they grew old and gray, got kids, got jobs, and simply don't have the time anymore! Big grin

First off, Happy 17th year in LFS ORION (Apr 4 2003)

I am still here also, granddaughter graduates high school this year. My on track racing slowed down after I destroyed my right elbow in 2016, but with this self isolation in place I think it's time to dust off da wheel and add another senior citizen to the track.

So when is this new update/car/track/tires...lol.

SCCC|Ant

Long live the "South City Cab Company"
Quote from Scawen :Hi, sorry but we don't give release date estimates. We've tried in the past but it always goes wrong. Things are coming along though, we are working hard.

For some people it's "too little too late" and for others it's "look forward to having a go when it's ready". For us, it's a long project that we enjoy working on and are trying to make as good as we can.

He answered.

That's a Dev eh!

I have a doubt
(43 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG