The online racing simulator
I have a doubt
(50 posts, started , go to first unread)
I have a doubt
Hello Scawen, first of all I would like to congratulate you for the great work you are doing on LiveForSpeed and just ask when the version is released just update it more often as it was in the past Smile I have a huge passion for LiveForSpeed and I believe when the version is launched LFS will be reborn again Smile

I would just like to know if there is any possible date for a new version, if at least August to September we will possibly have a version, because I would like to help return to grow the Portuguese community and start bringing events to be able to support this great project!

A strong hug from Portugal
Hi, sorry but we don't give release date estimates. We've tried in the past but it always goes wrong. Things are coming along though, we are working hard.

For some people it's "too little too late" and for others it's "look forward to having a go when it's ready". For us, it's a long project that we enjoy working on and are trying to make as good as we can.
For me it's never too late, better late than never. Shrug

It took Valve 13 years to make another ahead-of-its-time-masterpiece Half-Life game.

And surely I do believe Live for Speed will go again ahead-of-its-time with the updated physics, graphics and VR.
-
(Viperakecske) DELETED by Viperakecske
Thank you Scawen Smile

Quote from Evolution_R :For me it's never too late, better late than never. Shrug

It took Valve 13 years to make another ahead-of-its-time-masterpiece Half-Life game.

And surely I do believe Live for Speed will go again ahead-of-its-time with the updated physics, graphics and VR.

I agree with you I have defended this many times too, I believe LiveForSpeed has a huge potential I believe when the new version is released it will make LFS reborn a lot.
I am very motivated to create events and try to revive the Portuguese community in SimRacing and I would like to create different events.
For example creating an event in the new versions just like MonzaRally, that in LFS would be incredible !!
If it was later this year, it would be a better Christmas gift for everyone who really likes LiveForSpeed
Quote from Evolution_R :It took Valve 13 years to make another ahead-of-its-time-masterpiece Half-Life game.

There was only 6 years between HL1 and HL2 (if you don't count the addons like blue shift) Tongue
Quote from Evolution_R :I'm talking about Half-Life Alyx - https://store.steampowered.com/app/546560/HalfLife_Alyx/

What's revolutionary and ahead of its time in this? It's nice to look at but comparing gameplay mechanics etc to other VR games they haven't really invented much, even movement is similar to other "adventure" games where you have to point and click to move. Also considering that VR headsets weren't even being developed for consumer usage until early 2010s, I don't think it was started right after they had finished with HL2 and it's addons Tongue

(sorry for offtopic)
Best VR implementation, because the game is made for Index (but not only), their top-of-the-line virtual reality headset. Valve is leading the industry into the future of gaming and many will follow. Once again they are raising the bar into new heights.
Quote from nikopdr :... even movement is similar to other "adventure" games where you have to point and click to move.

It has 4 different movement styles:
Blink (Teleport), Shift (Teleport), Continuous Head & Continuous Hand:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9Nj1lYyQmI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFjtVmka54E
Good Job Scawen
We are pending, I have a sleeping army...many are not playing until the update comes out. But we are here. We would also like a drag system with automatic alignment without having to restart the server...many of us expect this.
Attached images
Screenshot_20200311-200802_Facebook.jpg
Quote from DReyes03 :We are pending, I have a sleeping army...many are not playing until the update comes out. But we are here. We would also like a drag system with automatic alignment without having to restart the server...many of us expect this.

Really? How many? I can only imagine a few people from Saudi Arabia actually use this.
Sleeping army of drifters, drag racers and cracked lfs users.
Is there is something wrong with the drifters and drag racers?
LFS has a big drifting community and its one of the best sides of the game. Wink
Quote from Evolution_R :Is there is something wrong with the drifters and drag racers?
LFS has a big drifting community and its one of the best sides of the game. Wink

The Hispanic community of dragsters with various groups of approximately 14,000 users. They abandoned lfs after versions 0.6. everything depended on 1 insim (ISRM.exe) z28 Drag Insim. It does not work in new versions.
Attached images
FB_IMG_1584037090990.jpg
Imagine, all someone has to do is rewrite some basic InSim to unlock 14000 users.

You do not believe it yourself, do you? Otherwise it already would have been done.
Quote from cargame.nl :Imagine, all someone has to do is rewrite some basic InSim to unlock 14000 users.

You do not believe it yourself, do you? Otherwise it already would have been done.

Many users come to the forum to talk about this and do not pay attention to it.

We have a large community of sleeping dragsters. Plus, this could make lfs more fun - the cruise also needs it to set up 1/4 mile zones with auto-alignment and race time. "1/4 of mille"
Attached images
20200312_144959.jpg
I don't believe that at all. Like cargame said, it's a basic InSim that most people here can write. Who made it? It would be easy to port it over. I could easily make something like this in a few days I imagine.

Don't tell me there isn't a single programmer between those crackers and drag racers and drifters?
I don't understand what is the link between drift & drag racing community and so-called 'crackers'? Shrug
I was the creator of the first facebook group based on LFS. I know that more than 14,000 people left the game, if you add me to facebook I can show you. I have been playing this for 16 years...there are people who fight to keep the game alive outside this forum. Shrug
Well one thing is for sure, the tools are already there. For years. No need to wait on a next update. If you really want something you need to set your mind to it and produce it yourself and not wait on some jezus who is going to arrange everything. Humanity is waiting for over 2000 years already.
I just put my comment...I hope Scawen does something. I am not a developer. More than just an insim, we hope that scawen will make an original in-game system. The insim causes errors and is not correct when marking the race times.

With that idea of doing things for yourself and not paying attention to users...this is the reason why there are clones of lfs that surpass the original game in users.

I hope Scawen does something. This is not personal for any server of mine, I am speaking for many people. Cool
Quote from DReyes03 :I just put my comment...I hope Scawen does something. I am not a developer. More than just an insim, we hope that scawen will make an original in-game system. The insim causes errors and is not correct when marking the race times.

With that idea of doing things for yourself and not paying attention to users...this is the reason why there are clones of lfs that surpass the original game in users.

I hope Scawen does something. This is not personal for any server of mine, I am speaking for many people. Cool

its kinda the same thing im asking with sound editor.
more ingame related options and less thirdparty program or insim controlled options.
so you kinda have it all inside LFS but can use insim etc too.
im not a dragster myself. however i do see some improvements could be done with drag racing as i too,
experience many with interest in drag racing. and true, many come to cruise servers and drag , maybe because theres people, or what ever. but is not well seen drag racing on cruise streets. some go to demo servers who has a insim or likewise with drag stuff. but it never really turns out to something really serious, somehow. so i can understand your point and honestly i think scavier if they read this, do too.

its also the same with rally somewhat in LFS. and drifting. its there. but not just quite "there" there.
somethings missing to make it whole(ish). and thats what i see you ask for here.

EDIT:
the same issue with insim applications and thirdparty programs is the very same as i was pointed out recently in the repository (misc addons). its updated and/or made by a single person (in rare cases more).
as such updates may occur , primarily in the first couple of months if program is popular.
then it decreases. and at some point stops completely. some go for longer than others, in some cases for years/decades. so its becoming a never ending hunt for "working" programs or insims that can enlighten your LFS experience. however. some of these apps go very deep into LFS and if uninstalled can cause (in some cases) effect on your otherwise working LFS and breaks it down. possibly to having to install it from scratch again. so i think its a highly valid thing to consider and also your post here. and it also shows that im not the only one thinking insim and thirdparty isnt always a "good thing".

EDIT2:
returning to my own suggestions about more sound in LFS for enviroment.
i have to say, the DRAG area in LFS could be ALOT more "alive" with simply having people cheering sounds along the straight track. cheering, whistling, and perhaps you can hear dragsters from the nearby garages firing engines up. along with the wind in the trees, occaisional thunderstorm that also makes the surface wet and postpones drag races. (whoops not sound). but just the sound of it. would make such a huge difference, even i would go for a drag.

how to build a drag track:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USmsKrbCyNE
so silent in LFS.
so loud irl.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOKPzLX3do0
YES SR (THE WIZARD DK) Thumbs up

I drift too and I'm a dragster, racer. I am also considered the best image editor by many people. I have many people and understand that this is necessary for the game. This is not personal...this is important to the LFS community. I understand what affects us as a community by the number of people I have Shrug

Here an image with a mod Na-na
Attached images
Screenshot_20200313-122549_Facebook.jpg
I'd say a lot of people stopped racing in LFS because they grew old and gray, got kids, got jobs, and simply don't have the time anymore! Big grin

I have a doubt
(50 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG