The online racing simulator
I have a doubt
(37 posts, started )
I have a doubt
Hello Scawen, first of all I would like to congratulate you for the great work you are doing on LiveForSpeed and just ask when the version is released just update it more often as it was in the past Smile I have a huge passion for LiveForSpeed and I believe when the version is launched LFS will be reborn again Smile

I would just like to know if there is any possible date for a new version, if at least August to September we will possibly have a version, because I would like to help return to grow the Portuguese community and start bringing events to be able to support this great project!

A strong hug from Portugal
Hi, sorry but we don't give release date estimates. We've tried in the past but it always goes wrong. Things are coming along though, we are working hard.

For some people it's "too little too late" and for others it's "look forward to having a go when it's ready". For us, it's a long project that we enjoy working on and are trying to make as good as we can.
For me it's never too late, better late than never. Shrug

It took Valve 13 years to make another ahead-of-its-time-masterpiece Half-Life game.

And surely I do believe Live for Speed will go again ahead-of-its-time with the updated physics, graphics and VR.
-
(Viperakecske) DELETED by Viperakecske
Thank you Scawen Smile

Quote from Evolution_R :For me it's never too late, better late than never. Shrug

It took Valve 13 years to make another ahead-of-its-time-masterpiece Half-Life game.

And surely I do believe Live for Speed will go again ahead-of-its-time with the updated physics, graphics and VR.

I agree with you I have defended this many times too, I believe LiveForSpeed has a huge potential I believe when the new version is released it will make LFS reborn a lot.
I am very motivated to create events and try to revive the Portuguese community in SimRacing and I would like to create different events.
For example creating an event in the new versions just like MonzaRally, that in LFS would be incredible !!
If it was later this year, it would be a better Christmas gift for everyone who really likes LiveForSpeed
Quote from Evolution_R :It took Valve 13 years to make another ahead-of-its-time-masterpiece Half-Life game.

There was only 6 years between HL1 and HL2 (if you don't count the addons like blue shift) Tongue
Quote from Evolution_R :I'm talking about Half-Life Alyx - https://store.steampowered.com/app/546560/HalfLife_Alyx/

What's revolutionary and ahead of its time in this? It's nice to look at but comparing gameplay mechanics etc to other VR games they haven't really invented much, even movement is similar to other "adventure" games where you have to point and click to move. Also considering that VR headsets weren't even being developed for consumer usage until early 2010s, I don't think it was started right after they had finished with HL2 and it's addons Tongue

(sorry for offtopic)
Best VR implementation, because the game is made for Index (but not only), their top-of-the-line virtual reality headset. Valve is leading the industry into the future of gaming and many will follow. Once again they are raising the bar into new heights.
Quote from nikopdr :... even movement is similar to other "adventure" games where you have to point and click to move.

It has 4 different movement styles:
Blink (Teleport), Shift (Teleport), Continuous Head & Continuous Hand:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9Nj1lYyQmI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFjtVmka54E
-
Good Job Scawen (DReyes03) DELETED by DReyes03
Quote from DReyes03 :We are pending, I have a sleeping army...many are not playing until the update comes out. But we are here. We would also like a drag system with automatic alignment without having to restart the server...many of us expect this.

Really? How many? I can only imagine a few people from Saudi Arabia actually use this.
Sleeping army of drifters, drag racers and cracked lfs users.
Is there is something wrong with the drifters and drag racers?
LFS has a big drifting community and its one of the best sides of the game. Wink
-
(DReyes03) DELETED by DReyes03
Imagine, all someone has to do is rewrite some basic InSim to unlock 14000 users.

You do not believe it yourself, do you? Otherwise it already would have been done.
-
I don't believe that at all. Like cargame said, it's a basic InSim that most people here can write. Who made it? It would be easy to port it over. I could easily make something like this in a few days I imagine.

Don't tell me there isn't a single programmer between those crackers and drag racers and drifters?
I don't understand what is the link between drift & drag racing community and so-called 'crackers'? Shrug
-
-
Well one thing is for sure, the tools are already there. For years. No need to wait on a next update. If you really want something you need to set your mind to it and produce it yourself and not wait on some jezus who is going to arrange everything. Humanity is waiting for over 2000 years already.
-
-
I'd say a lot of people stopped racing in LFS because they grew old and gray, got kids, got jobs, and simply don't have the time anymore! Big grin
What about the newer generation? They should have started playing LFS, but didn't probably because of the outdated graphics and the limited content. Shrug
I think the serious lack of advertisements and perhaps content is not reaching and turning new players away.
When you recomend LFS to new sim racers on Reddit for example you get basically laughed at, only the oldtimers seem to apreciate it and that basically boils down to nostalgia.

And i can kinda see why, as only the physics really stand out compared to the competition. Theres absolutely nothing that comes close to LFS's tyre-to-road feel, but some even find that to be debatable.

I truely believe that if the devs want to reach new players they need to turn LFS into a reboot a'la rFactor 2, PC2, Automobilista 2 etc, just to get rid of the stigma that it's just an old game.
Quote from JSHuiting :...as only the physics really stand out compared to the competition...

This is what frustrates me so much about it. It's a simulation, only the physics matters as far as I'm concerned. Shrug
Quote from Racon :This is what frustrates me so much about it. It's a simulation, only the physics matters as far as I'm concerned. Shrug

I agree, it's why PC2 is so frustrating to me, the physics are all over the place, but the eye candy and the car line-up are both unrivaled and i guess that is it's apeal to most people.
iRacing and AC come close to LFS though, but even those just don't have that real tyre feel.

If only LFS came close content wise it would be the perfect sim for me as i do like some variation myself, especially excisting classes like the LMP and GT3 are what i'm missing, but to each their own.
Quote from ORION :I'd say a lot of people stopped racing in LFS because they grew old and gray, got kids, got jobs, and simply don't have the time anymore! Big grin

exactly Wink and the new kids are more likely to be dazzled by shiny graphics and "I want to drive the McLaren GT3 @ Nurburgring" than to care about realism...
Let's not be biased - graphics are important too. LFS wouldn't be getting a graphics update if this wasn't the case. But not one at the expense of the other (examples - PC1, PC2, AC, ACC etc). Decent graphics with top-level of physics and moderate content would be perfect imo. Wink
Quote from Chaos :... than to care about realism...

Realistic graphics and physics. Smile
Project cars series is kinda arcade.
Quote from ORION :I'd say a lot of people stopped racing in LFS because they grew old and gray, got kids, got jobs, and simply don't have the time anymore! Big grin

Indeed a lot did. Im still here waiting, 4 kids later. Maybe ill still be alive when the update is released and I can witness one of my kids try it out. lol

I have a doubt
(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG