The online racing simulator
I have a doubt
(43 posts, started )
I have a doubt
Hello Scawen, first of all I would like to congratulate you for the great work you are doing on LiveForSpeed and just ask when the version is released just update it more often as it was in the past Smile I have a huge passion for LiveForSpeed and I believe when the version is launched LFS will be reborn again Smile

I would just like to know if there is any possible date for a new version, if at least August to September we will possibly have a version, because I would like to help return to grow the Portuguese community and start bringing events to be able to support this great project!

A strong hug from Portugal
Hi, sorry but we don't give release date estimates. We've tried in the past but it always goes wrong. Things are coming along though, we are working hard.

For some people it's "too little too late" and for others it's "look forward to having a go when it's ready". For us, it's a long project that we enjoy working on and are trying to make as good as we can.
For me it's never too late, better late than never. Shrug

It took Valve 13 years to make another ahead-of-its-time-masterpiece Half-Life game.

And surely I do believe Live for Speed will go again ahead-of-its-time with the updated physics, graphics and VR.
-
(Viperakecske) DELETED by Viperakecske
Thank you Scawen Smile

Quote from Evolution_R :For me it's never too late, better late than never. Shrug

It took Valve 13 years to make another ahead-of-its-time-masterpiece Half-Life game.

And surely I do believe Live for Speed will go again ahead-of-its-time with the updated physics, graphics and VR.

I agree with you I have defended this many times too, I believe LiveForSpeed has a huge potential I believe when the new version is released it will make LFS reborn a lot.
I am very motivated to create events and try to revive the Portuguese community in SimRacing and I would like to create different events.
For example creating an event in the new versions just like MonzaRally, that in LFS would be incredible !!
If it was later this year, it would be a better Christmas gift for everyone who really likes LiveForSpeed
Quote from Evolution_R :It took Valve 13 years to make another ahead-of-its-time-masterpiece Half-Life game.

There was only 6 years between HL1 and HL2 (if you don't count the addons like blue shift) Tongue
Quote from Evolution_R :I'm talking about Half-Life Alyx - https://store.steampowered.com/app/546560/HalfLife_Alyx/

What's revolutionary and ahead of its time in this? It's nice to look at but comparing gameplay mechanics etc to other VR games they haven't really invented much, even movement is similar to other "adventure" games where you have to point and click to move. Also considering that VR headsets weren't even being developed for consumer usage until early 2010s, I don't think it was started right after they had finished with HL2 and it's addons Tongue

(sorry for offtopic)
Best VR implementation, because the game is made for Index (but not only), their top-of-the-line virtual reality headset. Valve is leading the industry into the future of gaming and many will follow. Once again they are raising the bar into new heights.
Quote from nikopdr :... even movement is similar to other "adventure" games where you have to point and click to move.

It has 4 different movement styles:
Blink (Teleport), Shift (Teleport), Continuous Head & Continuous Hand:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9Nj1lYyQmI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFjtVmka54E
-
Good Job Scawen (DReyes03) DELETED by DReyes03
Quote from DReyes03 :We are pending, I have a sleeping army...many are not playing until the update comes out. But we are here. We would also like a drag system with automatic alignment without having to restart the server...many of us expect this.

Really? How many? I can only imagine a few people from Saudi Arabia actually use this.
Sleeping army of drifters, drag racers and cracked lfs users.
Is there is something wrong with the drifters and drag racers?
LFS has a big drifting community and its one of the best sides of the game. Wink
-
(DReyes03) DELETED by DReyes03
Imagine, all someone has to do is rewrite some basic InSim to unlock 14000 users.

You do not believe it yourself, do you? Otherwise it already would have been done.
-
I don't believe that at all. Like cargame said, it's a basic InSim that most people here can write. Who made it? It would be easy to port it over. I could easily make something like this in a few days I imagine.

Don't tell me there isn't a single programmer between those crackers and drag racers and drifters?
I don't understand what is the link between drift & drag racing community and so-called 'crackers'? Shrug
-
-
Well one thing is for sure, the tools are already there. For years. No need to wait on a next update. If you really want something you need to set your mind to it and produce it yourself and not wait on some jezus who is going to arrange everything. Humanity is waiting for over 2000 years already.
-
Quote from DReyes03 :I just put my comment...I hope Scawen does something. I am not a developer. More than just an insim, we hope that scawen will make an original in-game system. The insim causes errors and is not correct when marking the race times.

With that idea of doing things for yourself and not paying attention to users...this is the reason why there are clones of lfs that surpass the original game in users.

I hope Scawen does something. This is not personal for any server of mine, I am speaking for many people. Cool

its kinda the same thing im asking with sound editor.
more ingame related options and less thirdparty program or insim controlled options.
so you kinda have it all inside LFS but can use insim etc too.
im not a dragster myself. however i do see some improvements could be done with drag racing as i too,
experience many with interest in drag racing. and true, many come to cruise servers and drag , maybe because theres people, or what ever. but is not well seen drag racing on cruise streets. some go to demo servers who has a insim or likewise with drag stuff. but it never really turns out to something really serious, somehow. so i can understand your point and honestly i think scavier if they read this, do too.

its also the same with rally somewhat in LFS. and drifting. its there. but not just quite "there" there.
somethings missing to make it whole(ish). and thats what i see you ask for here.

EDIT:
the same issue with insim applications and thirdparty programs is the very same as i was pointed out recently in the repository (misc addons). its updated and/or made by a single person (in rare cases more).
as such updates may occur , primarily in the first couple of months if program is popular.
then it decreases. and at some point stops completely. some go for longer than others, in some cases for years/decades. so its becoming a never ending hunt for "working" programs or insims that can enlighten your LFS experience. however. some of these apps go very deep into LFS and if uninstalled can cause (in some cases) effect on your otherwise working LFS and breaks it down. possibly to having to install it from scratch again. so i think its a highly valid thing to consider and also your post here. and it also shows that im not the only one thinking insim and thirdparty isnt always a "good thing".

EDIT2:
returning to my own suggestions about more sound in LFS for enviroment.
i have to say, the DRAG area in LFS could be ALOT more "alive" with simply having people cheering sounds along the straight track. cheering, whistling, and perhaps you can hear dragsters from the nearby garages firing engines up. along with the wind in the trees, occaisional thunderstorm that also makes the surface wet and postpones drag races. (whoops not sound). but just the sound of it. would make such a huge difference, even i would go for a drag.

how to build a drag track:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USmsKrbCyNE
so silent in LFS.
so loud irl.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOKPzLX3do0
-
I'd say a lot of people stopped racing in LFS because they grew old and gray, got kids, got jobs, and simply don't have the time anymore! Big grin
What about the newer generation? They should have started playing LFS, but didn't probably because of the outdated graphics and the limited content. Shrug
I think the serious lack of advertisements and perhaps content is not reaching and turning new players away.
When you recomend LFS to new sim racers on Reddit for example you get basically laughed at, only the oldtimers seem to apreciate it and that basically boils down to nostalgia.

And i can kinda see why, as only the physics really stand out compared to the competition. Theres absolutely nothing that comes close to LFS's tyre-to-road feel, but some even find that to be debatable.

I truely believe that if the devs want to reach new players they need to turn LFS into a reboot a'la rFactor 2, PC2, Automobilista 2 etc, just to get rid of the stigma that it's just an old game.
Quote from JSHuiting :...as only the physics really stand out compared to the competition...

This is what frustrates me so much about it. It's a simulation, only the physics matters as far as I'm concerned. Shrug
Quote from Racon :This is what frustrates me so much about it. It's a simulation, only the physics matters as far as I'm concerned. Shrug

I agree, it's why PC2 is so frustrating to me, the physics are all over the place, but the eye candy and the car line-up are both unrivaled and i guess that is it's apeal to most people.
iRacing and AC come close to LFS though, but even those just don't have that real tyre feel.

If only LFS came close content wise it would be the perfect sim for me as i do like some variation myself, especially excisting classes like the LMP and GT3 are what i'm missing, but to each their own.
i sometimes feel like :
1. developers does make a great sim.
but its kinda like. we produced this sim or patch(whatever) here you go have fun.
and thats it.
not even a server you know is a developer server and tested properly to work in order etc...
right there. i feel somethings missing. (you can now make servers from ingame aswell).
2. you look away from that and go anyways. you get serverlist up and hm... what to check out. trying a random server. gets kicked instantly. okay that was weird. lets try another. 2 people afk. no activity. usually ending up on populated servers like demo racing or cruise. while going into lfs with a mindset of racing. (this is why i miss a developer or game controlled server all could use, like multiclass, formula,maybe even rally) which i infact also think would give to the community as we would most likely see less issues server owners in between, and more cool honest racing, as you probably dont want a ban on a developer server. fully aware devs dont have the time for this, but im sure somebody in community would sacrifice themselves with time and proper knowhow of LFS servers and insim, who could be in contact with developers so they can say what to change or not. doesnt have to be fancy. but if there. people also know they dont need to vpn and use 5000 side programs that adds to lag on servers, and could simply login and go race. cruise and everything else is still around from server owners, so i dont se why not. i think many newcomers would use a developer server as a good reference point to get started in LFS. servers could benefit those who bought a license by being shown by devs as server (examples): LFS Official DEMO server. LFS Official S1 server, LFS Official S2 server, and you guessed it. same with S3. i see it as developers could use them as tests first of all. but i also see it as "developers want to show how their game works by having servers for people to try"...

here, read that again :
"developers want to show how their game works by having servers for people to try"

EDIT: all the above could perhaps also reduce spam on forums with posts of : where can i find races/new to lfs where do i begin etc..

EDIT2: i feel frustrated that no other sim i ever tried came near LFS physics. go at me. im firm. not even one !

i would think one server could do it. on top of all other servers in list for maximum visibillity at all times. it could change pr month from s1 to s3 and go through all combos and tracks (even light(day/night))wind speeds(in future, road temperatures etc).
to get around to show everything LFS has to offer, including drag racing and rally / karts. so if people follow the server they eventually get to drive all combos LFS has to offer. i for one love that idea.
could even go full nine yards and have months where it shows insim possibillities having a cruise on backroads or new south city. i see so many things a developer controlled server could have to offer, and simply because you are aware its developer controlled. you also feel more safe as to (things we seen in the past). well obviously i miss something like that in LFS.

and perhaps scawen wouldnt have to shout out on forums of server owners in time of crisis ,to test things as he would be able to insta test with a game server. im sure such a server would be populated pretty well actually. maybe its worth to try for a month or so at first see how it goes?
Quote from ORION :I'd say a lot of people stopped racing in LFS because they grew old and gray, got kids, got jobs, and simply don't have the time anymore! Big grin

exactly Wink and the new kids are more likely to be dazzled by shiny graphics and "I want to drive the McLaren GT3 @ Nurburgring" than to care about realism...
Let's not be biased - graphics are important too. LFS wouldn't be getting a graphics update if this wasn't the case. But not one at the expense of the other (examples - PC1, PC2, AC, ACC etc). Decent graphics with top-level of physics and moderate content would be perfect imo. Wink
Quote from Chaos :... than to care about realism...

Realistic graphics and physics. Smile

I have a doubt
(43 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG