The online racing simulator
December Progress Report: South City
(194 posts, closed, started )
As I understand for Eric only Fern Bay remains, one track in average takes about 2-3 months of working..
I know that developers usually don’t like questions about release dates cuz it can fell through or exceeded the announced time. And i undestand it, but i still have some questions:

1 Of course the main is - can you tell the approximate release date of the test patch? Maybe second quarter of 2020?

2 Will new tire physics be included in the update?

3 Do you have any plan for the next update? (full track editor will be nice Heart )

3 Less important but current sky looks too clean for me, will be some clouds? (Animated Textures? Procedural volumetrics? Particles?) Maybe Volumetric Light Scattering for Sun rays?

4 Since we have updates are being made to the changes of the day, can there also be plans for long-awaited changing the weather? (fog, rain, temperature change of the asphalt?)
My hope for a snow weather with "Deformable Snow on the road" is still there ^^

But for now... I will wish you all merry christmas Wink
Happy Christmas all !!!
+Happy Holidays!!
Can't wait for the 2020 and if (I really hope so) the new LFS update get released it will be one of the best years for sure. Smile
I must be patient...but I really am hoping for these updates sooner than later, but I'd rather they be done well than rushed.

...and this is coming from someone who's been playing LFS since 2002.

But I need to be patient, it'll hopefully be worth the wait.
Wait for Fern Bay progress report Wink
Quote from Flotch :Wait for Fern Bay progress report Wink

I was about to say. Plenty of rock faces there currently. Wink
Imagine how it would look the sunset at Fern Bay... Tongue
imagine is the only thing we are going to do

Hahahaha, you make me laugh... nice one! Big grin

But no, it is happening!
Let's make Live for Speed great again!
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :looking great. must agree the thing with lights going through interior must be worked out.

maybe the new tracks should be released one by one ,maybe once pr month until all is released for more last minute mystery changes.

wanted to ask if these rocks comes with next update? would be cool to have them (thinking that wouldnt take too much perhaps to implement those?). also. will other tracks have this type of rocks as i didnt see that in any other screenies besides from westhill ?
https://www.lfs.net/static/scr ... 2186%200%200.0%2060.0.jpg

All tracks have to be updated and released at the same time due to the graphics upgrade IIRC. Otherwise they look really weird.
#88 - CSF
Eric has done some fair work on these tracks.
Added some road reflections on the car: Big grin

And yes, Eric is amazing too!!
Quote from Pasci :Very impressive lighting / shadow effects Thumbs up

South City also looks very impressive ... and with the many details you can see Eric's hard work too (but I didn't doubt it!). Thumbs up

If the windows of the cars were transparent, the models could run smoothly as new vehicles. Uhmm

Van Racing...

Pickup Truck RallyX...
-
(jackson93) DELETED by jackson93 : wrong turn
Quote from gu3st :Van Racing...

Pickup Truck RallyX...

Vans in LFS would be cool actually, something new and unusual
When will the update be released?

Merry Christmas Smile
Fern Bay.... First off, I hope they don't ever kill off the quarter pipe. It took forever to be able to catch air and then grind the guard rail.
Also, if this is supposed to be in Jamaica, then the tracks need something. Churches in the background. There are churches all over that place! A lot of churches. I don't know if it's true but a local told me they have more Churches per capita than anywhere else. And JAMCO motorcycles parked every 30 meters or so. I seen as many of them as I did cars and trucks. They actually have a race track there. It doesn't look anything like the Fern Bay layouts though. It looked like a little oval. I don't know for sure. It was off the highway a bit and no one was there.
Look at some Dover raceway videos, it fits the look and feel Fern Bay could have ... nicely Smile
examples :

Happy New Year! Smile
Heart LFS
© 2002-2020
Made a bet with some friends that LFS will be updated by Jan 1st. Can you update pls? Many thanks.
2020 is the year in which Live for Speed rises!
Quote from Garypants :Made a bet with some friends that LFS will be updated by Jan 1st. Can you update pls? Many thanks.

You have 23 hours. Good luck!
Happy new year all !!!
Have all the success LFS team in this year 2020 LFS Big grin !!!! You deserve it !
This thread is closed

December Progress Report: South City
(194 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG