The online racing simulator
July Progress Report
(205 posts, closed, started )
Emmm....thermal radiation by sun....four tyres....tyre friction generates heat....second law of thermodynamics....then to earth....diffusion cooling....

Maybe we can do something with rubber accumulate feature that already built in LFS (just visual?) on the racing line?

Cool
Lets not forget the variation of gravity at different places on the track. Big grin
Big grin .. and after all that... done... on single machine.
You need to make it viable for MP in some form... Big grin ... surely 3 day coding session change. Wink

(I mean I'm really looking forward to these subtleties and to see LFS being better and better simulator with every release, I just don't see much point in asking about any kind of timeframe, especially with Scavier history record of how LFS evolves. I'm just looking forward to whatever the patch will bring, I'm sure it will be awesome any way. And then I will be looking for next one.)
A great future update I hope you add the cycle of day and night since long runs would be very incredible and of course also the temperature of the tires is an important factor in this update
Great update on the lighting! Love it, keep it up guys Smile
absolutely no need to get sidetracked on a sidetrack
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :yes!!!

was thinking maybe not heavy but atleast Fog too.

but also thinking that must be in the future for a complete "Weather system" having Fog,Rain,Snow etc..

so far we "only" talk about day/night cycles.

perhaps a more suitable name for this system could be "moist-in-Air" system,
as that is what it is really. snow is water, rain is water, fog,hail,etc.. so maybe its better to call it moist rather than "weather".

erhm /wind 1-2 ?
do a burnout and watch how it circulates the smoke.

i dont get what you mean by the wind doesnt change direction nor speed.
it says in race start what speed the wind has ? this also makes windmills on blw go around.
making it dynamic as its an moving object. you just dont see it online much .
in short LFS can do this already.(for the wind part)

EDIT:
seems i fixed the "darkness" issues.

turns out the screen was set to "program controlled" coloring.
needed to be "built in" color system... (didnt see that coming sorry).
depth is incredible with 600hz i must add Smile

he had meant dynamic in meaning can/will change directions and speed of wind while racing,while i think it is dynamic in that sense id say if anything the wind changes direction too often when set, the speed is either low-medium medium-high if i remember correctly, also its not something that is easily observed apart from flags and the windmills on blackwood
What about dust particle build up?
Wizard you are getting ahead of things not just on the TC forums but also here. Just stop
Quote from michal 1279 :That pitlane was epic Big grin but the risk of possible heavy collision between cars exiting pitlane and cars on the racing line was very nightmarish Uhmm

I can think of a few examples, especially Tilkedromes that have pitlane exits like that so it's not unthinkable. It's hard to tell from the screenshots, but there's definitely some sort of paddock setup happening on that straight towards the end of the 'North' infield.
Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up
seem rightThumbs up
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :yes. i think the wind now is as you say. and yes it does circulate a bit odd tbh.
but to generate fog is another story. im not sure devs know about this from Nvidia, but must say i didnt go deeper into this one but watched a video of what it does and you can actually dechifre a tornado with this small plugin. my thought was perhaps that could be used for LFS to generate a thunder cloud and rain in one end of westhill (example) and have sun shine in the other end(a bit drastic but giving an example). as said i didnt go too deep into this so im not sure. but i do see it as a useful tool for some things
kinda like a LFS viewer for complex cloud formations(ish)

Paraview plugin Nvidia:
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/d ... er/index-paraview-plugin/

Where I live is an area with a strange phenomenon. It can rain on one side of the street and not the other.
I've seen it rain in one person's backyard and their yard only at almost the exact same time of day for like a week. So where I'm from your westhill example isn't all that drastic. In fact, it kinda sounds like a good idea.
Quote from Racer Y :Where I live is an area with a strange phenomenon. It can rain on one side of the street and not the other.
I've seen it rain in one person's backyard and their yard only at almost the exact same time of day for like a week. So where I'm from your westhill example isn't all that drastic. In fact, it kinda sounds like a good idea.

happens here, rain has to start somewhere and end somewhere and it does not have to happen gradually, it is a strange thing to look still Smile
Ever see an old cartoon where the character has a thundercloud follow him and him alone? More like that.
hello fellow racers!

it is really nice to see lfs evolving at its own speed but with no stopping for so long now.
tell me which other game from that time is still installed on your computers? and which of those still get updates?

but be careful what you wish for - if we get dynamic weather at some point that could lead to unforseen consequences...

if we for example get to see the holy grail of racetracks, which is the famous nürburgring nordschleife, in our holy grail of racing simulators that could lead to another adventure for scavier to find the perfect weather physics!
the weather at the ´ring can be totally unpredictable with sun at the start, some fog after a few corners followed by heavy rain and even some snow and ice on parts of the track.

so keep on the good work and effort scavier!
and keep on racing and dreaming to build the best DRIVING simulator in the world - because racing is just a subset of having fun with vehicles...

peace, mo
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :
stop suggesting things that could give some ideas for the owner in the future ?
because thats all i wrote about there really. so dont really get your comment.

You usually suggest things by writing an useless essay about them that most people won't even read. The game has been stuck in development since 2009 and yet you throw these ideas as if they were some major game developer.
Just look at your suggestions on TC forums. None takes you seriously.

Just wondering if u guys have a gues how long till test phase?
3/2020 was my estimate back in early 2018 or when was that forum post contest... Seems still maybe doable, if they will focus just to finish the gfx thing, and not add more to it right now.
Your guess allready closer then mine was Wink
I was bit optimistic back then.
Quote from RC-Maus :
Just wondering if u guys have a gues how long till test phase?

I am quite confident before the end of the year ... but of course no-one knows Smile
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :apparently you thought i meant this for real or what?
that was a joke man... gotta be kiddin me

No but it's all about Scawen's answer Smile "I really hope not"
And that was 11 months ago Wink
If we get an august progress report with an update for fern bay/south city then I have a small hope we could get a nice Christmas surprise but I doubt this. Scawen and Eric should take however much time they need though, it's taken long enough already, might as well do it properly.
Quote from RC-Maus :No but it's all about Scawen's answer Smile "I really hope not"
And that was 11 months ago Wink

I've been thinking about this answer too, but this is why and I understand -
Quote from Scawen :...things have taken longer than expected and one thing leads to another, so I end up working on things that were not planned in the first place.

Quote from Evolution_R :I've been thinking about this answer too, but this is why and I understand -

When was this answer?

Edit: Found it Smile
This thread is closed

July Progress Report
(205 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG