The online racing simulator
April Progress Report
(209 posts, closed, started )
Great looking progress, looking forward to trying out the new lighting system.
I got inspired by the new images and decided to use them as menu background. Heart

Alternative version:

Download:
https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/93425
Quote from scania :will KY have non track road like BL & WE?

I don't think so. I think they are mainly updating the materials and cleaning the tracks up a bit, modernizing them for the new graphics engine. You can see in the pics that both Aston and KY looks to be strictly the race track still. And both blackwood and westhill was elaborated on before the graphics updates were being implemented Smile
I think the same. But I do like the simplicity of it. Less is more.
Quote from ymeshulin :What I am seeing is a major drop in the Oval's banking, which should provide for much better racing.

No idea where you see it,in comparision shot is well visible that there is no change to banking parameters. http://imx.tc-g.uk/ky201904/05
Also how that could contribute to better racing?
What part of the track is this?
Attached images
-30089099 30441046 1062182 -22584 2255 0.0 54.0small.jpg
It's where KY3 exits from oval ring.
Ky3r t5
I see it now
I've noticed the logo:

Does that mean that the VW Scirocco is going to be included in t-h-e future update? Big grin
Outdated physics were the only reason why it wasn't released, and I think its quite obvious new physics will be in 0.7. Anyway good catch, that logo kinda makes it 99.9% sure Smile
Except the Volkswagen logos are already on Westhill Shrug
Attached images
lfs_00001171.jpg
indeed they are present since a long time, but as there is a high chance the new physics may be released among the graphic update, this is clearly giving the feeling that we may see the VW coming with the upcoming release ^^
To be honest, I suppose we may face first some serious test patch sessions for Eric and Scawen's pleasure ( Ya right ) before we actually see the VWS in the official patch ...
Totally forgot about it...

Quote from Evolution_R :I've noticed the logo:
Does that mean that the VW Scirocco is going to be included in t-h-e future update? Big grin

VW Scirocco went out of production in the meantime, so it really isn't important any more whether it will be included or not any time in the future.
It would be nice too have tho
Quote from Flame CZE :Except the Volkswagen logos are already on Westhill Shrug

I hope the car in the right corner is drivable Omg omg omg
Quote from ymeshulin :You're right, actually. Maybe I have never seen that corner from this angle, which got me confused.

Lower banking would lower the maximum speed possible. This would create bigger separation of cars in the race, which is golden, as with the ridiculously overblown slipstream effect, current racing at Kyoto is hardly realistic or enjoyable.

It is true that it is hardly enjoyable...

... But we need bigger banking
Quote from sermilan :VW Scirocco went out of production in the meantime, so it really isn't important any more whether it will be included or not any time in the future.

It is important seeing as it's more content being added.
indeed, and it will be a modern FWD with a very low rpm turbo action (max torque between 1700 and 5000rpm, almost a diesel), ESP that cannot be deactivated, huge tire width as usual (235! , modern FWD ....) ...
Clearly great for close racing if interested.
A kind of 130i to fight against would be nice Big grin
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :i agree. this should be in suggestions.
a valid good idea actually.

+1
P.S Agree with the advice it should be in suggestions as well.
Quote from BeNoM :It is important seeing as it's more content being added.

It's also important since it is a benchmark for the physics. As far as I've understood.
#74 - x t
Waiting for update
I was reading some older progress reports, and get reminded this sentence in November's one :
Quote from Scawen :...
On Eric's side, things are going well as you have seen in the progress reports. But it does take a while because of the level of detail. There are still two tracks to update after he finishes the one he is currently on. ...

Since we get :
- Autocross in December
- Westhill in January
- Kyoto Ring in April, but it is "not yet finished"

This means that by November, the remaining tracks were those 3 + South City and Fern Bay.

We can assume that Kyoto Ring was not the track to finish, unless it could have taken 5 months (why not in the end...) and it is "not yet finished" ... Kyoto would be part of the 2 tracks to finish in November.

=> Currently I would tend to suppose that there is still one track not finished (finish is maybe not appropriate, let's say operational) maximum Ya right while South City and Fern Bay still get secretly hidden Uhmm ... Get ready for next progress report ?
This thread is closed

April Progress Report
(209 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG