The online racing simulator
I want to give LFS a car(kart) License
in 2025. See ya
Contact the developers (Scawen, Eric, Victor) like Eclisped said via https://www.lfs.net/mailus

They will engage with you further there with prospects. Forum isn't really a good place Tongue
But any joint venture or sponsorship is good and a few actual Karts in LFS would be a warm welcome, especially on the purpose built kart tracks in Westhill.
#6 - lfsrm
With the actual layout editor, it's more than an good idea!
new kart in 2030
Considering how devs approached the opportunity to have licensed content from playerbase for free in the past, I don't think this is gonna get anywhere...
well, it's always worth to try, maybe this time it will fit into the Scawen's plans (now or later).

I believe most of the fails were due to the dev-time... ?
#13 - 5tag
I think they don't want to add cars before the new tyre physics are released. I didn't know they also turned down racetrack deals though. Frown
we can provide 3d scan model Smile
DP-1 was another car deal they let rot on the vine. waiting on the new tire physics seems silly since the new tire model should use similar variables between vehicles, especially with itterative simulation.
Thanks for the offer. I really want to have karts in LFS when possible, and Eric does too as you can see with the kart tracks at Westhill. He likes to work from reference material when possible so your offer is interesting.

It's absolutely impossible to do it before the new tyre physics is working, for two reasons.

1) We can't add another delay to finishing the new tyre physics and graphics, for obvious reasons.

2) Karts don't work properly with the old tyre physics. I have some test karts in LFS and I use them as a test case for tyre physics. In reality, tyre physics works on a range from karts (or smaller) up to giant lorries, but the old LFS tyre model breaks down a bit when you go to those extremes.

So maybe we can talk again when the time comes. I can't give any estimates about when that might be.

The only sort of deal we can do is to put a car (or kart) in LFS without payments either way. We receive the reference materials / photos / drawings / 3D files / a lot of information about the setup and permission to use a real vehicle (without time limit). The vehicle provider gets some exposure in return, and that's about it.

We can't commit to anything at the moment, but it's an interesting thought.
Dude, Scawen, release the karts! You're not going to hurt your customer base by doing that. Everyone that is going to leave because of content drought has already done so. the remainder would be elated to see some sort of content. The fact that that content will continue improving is another reason to stick around.

I've been a member of this community for 13 almost 14 years. After coming back I went and bought Assetto Corsa, because it has CONTENT to play. S3 just doesn't have that. When it does I'll purchase.
Please read reason 2.
you're saying that with the new physics we get giant lorries?
I did, I'm saying that content that doesn't work right yet is better than none at all. Toss a disclaimer on it. Under construction. Lock it behind a license level that requires that the user sign a disclaimer and own all current licences
Quote from F.C.Barcelona :you're saying that with the new physics we get giant lorries?

No, but what I am saying is that a good tyre physics model should produce a tyre that reacts in a reasonable way, similar to a real world tyre. So it should be able to reasonably simulate a lorry.

Quote from KeiichiRX7 :I did, I'm saying that content that doesn't work right yet is better than none at all. Toss a disclaimer on it. Under construction. Lock it behind a license level that requires that the user sign a disclaimer and own all current licences

This feels like a communication breakdown. You are imagining that the karts would work OK in the current tyre physics, but I'm saying I've tried it and they don't. There are strange effects that produce the wrong outcomes.

Karts are very sensitive to tyre physics, particularly so because of the lack of suspension and lack of differential. The tyres are sometimes just touching / not touching the ground and there's a lot of skidding of lightly loaded tyres, particularly on the unloaded inner rear tyre. It just doesn't work properly with the current public tyre physics.

There is a solution, which would allow us to release karts. It's the new tyre physics model, which I'm working on. Smile
Quote from Scawen :No, but what I am saying is that a good tyre physics model should produce a tyre that reacts in a reasonable way, similar to a real world tyre. So it should be able to reasonably simulate a lorry.

I appreciate that this is both "far future" and only "don't see why not", but racing trucks has been on my wishlist since before I even found LFS... it's made my day that your response to his question is anything other than "no chance" Big grin

I've always imagined the extra wheels could cause you some programmatic grief, but then, you've had the bike hidden in there for a while and the LXs' tracks are different front-to-back, so maybe it's not as big an issue as I fear Smile

Quote from KeiichiRX7 :Toss a disclaimer on it. Under construction.

You get to decide the minimum acceptable quality of your releases... Wink
Quote from Racon :I appreciate that this is both "far future" and only "don't see why not", but racing trucks has been on my wishlist since before I even found LFS... it's made my day that your response to his question is anything other than "no chance" Big grin

I've always imagined the extra wheels could cause you some programmatic grief, but then, you've had the bike hidden in there for a while and the LXs' tracks are different front-to-back, so maybe it's not as big an issue as I fear Smile

You get to decide the minimum acceptable quality of your releases... Wink

Indeed, he does. I just worry that by the time it's of acceptable quality for release, the funds and good will from people who bought licenses will have dried up.
Quote from Scawen :It's the new tyre physics model, which I'm working on. Smile

are you still optimistic to have a releasable thing with graphic update ? or does it imply to segregate physics and graphics first (and so maybe requires lots of time for these evolutions in parallel) ?
I do hope the new tyre physics can be released with the new graphics, otherwise I'll have to move a copy of the old physics into the new version. We are long past the point where the new graphical changes could be merged into the old version. Too much has changed.

Copying old physics into the new version is possible but it's not what I want to do.

At the moment I am trying to get the lighting to a reasonable state where it can be left for a while so i can sort out the tyre physics.

I want to give LFS a car(kart) License
(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG