The online racing simulator
Looks very nice. Thanks Scawen and team.
Thanks for the info guys! Thumbs up

In the meantime, my sister took a puppy from a 'dog shelter asylum dahood'

Meet Aston, for real Nod

Attached images
received_385435465333580.jpeg
Quote from Degats :
08: https://cdn.knightlab.com/libs/juxtapose/latest/embed/index.html?uid=6ee7a4e4-2173-11e9-9dba-0edaf8f81e27

09: https://cdn.knightlab.com/libs/juxtapose/latest/embed/index.html?uid=6ee7a4e4-2173-11e9-9dba-0edaf8f81e27

are the same link Tongue
Take this one for 9th :
https://cdn.knightlab.com/libs/juxtapose/latest/embed/index.html?uid=8cd2520a-2174-11e9-9dba-0edaf8f81e27

By the way it was a very sexy track, according to the comparison snapshots it is going to be just perfect Thumbs up . Thanks for them !
Shadows are making the thing so much real ! Brillant Big grin
To be noted, the weather are not the one we have Wink . Let's suppose Mr Scawen succeeded to share the thing among the tracks ^^ . Lots of new elements have been added and those rocks Ya right : Fern bay will definetly be awaited more than ever Big grin

NB : Aston is cute
cant wait to see SO one day
Quote from Degats :Yeah, IIRC Scawen said that all weathers would be available for all tracks in the next version, now they're dynamic and not baked in.

Thats new to me but would be very nice.
Always glad to see some progress. I was wondering, once the new ligthning system is finished, how hard would it be to implement light beams from a car's headlights, and thus night racing (day/night cycle)?
faaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssttttttt we need to play
That's great work but I am surprised that the gas station is still doing the same prices!
But Westhill already looked pretty damn good, how can it look any better?

Oh.

Oh!
Quote from PeterN :But Westhill already looked pretty damn good, how can it look any better?

Oh.

Oh!

Isn't it obvious, though?
Quote from Sobis :I was wondering are these rocks physical, a bit of rock crawling coming up?

Example: https://www.lfs.net/static/screenshots/wes201901/3641098%20-10013428%203151593%20-26235%202391%20-4.5%2056.4.jpg

Man, i thought the same when I saw those improved rock walls Big grin use tweak to make a XRG AWD and have some oversized tires thrown in the bunch too, it's gonna be awesome Big grin

It's good to see the graphical improvements in an environment that will not change much, it helps to see how much is actually going to be changing. Keep up the good work guys Thumbs up
Quote from David 96 :Always glad to see some progress. I was wondering, once the new ligthning system is finished, how hard would it be to implement light beams from a car's headlights, and thus night racing (day/night cycle)?

Who knows how hard, but certainly lot more easier than before (with baked lighting and shadows). This is actually one of the things that simply had to be done for that, to make that idea somewhat practical and possible.

And adding full night/day cycle was always part of the final vision of LFS devs. So now it's closer.

But only Scawen knows how many more "phases" and modifications of engine are needed to achieve it fully... Also graphics is one thing, but then there are important simulation aspects, like colder temperature of air, asphalt, etc... which make quite some difference in real racing.
Love the new lighting, really looks the business, nice one Scawen Smile
Kyoto next please! Big grin
What will be the difference in the grip between cloudy and sunny weather?
Quote from super_gt :What will be the difference in the grip between cloudy and sunny weather?

This is just a graphical update. Eric is working hard on tracks now, and Scawen tries to work on physics but it's never said update will contain both Wink
Quote from RC-Maus :... but it's never said update will contain both Wink

I think this is the main goal... since these screenshots are made using the dev version of LFS (with the new physics). Shrug

Quote from Flotch :I suspect Eric to take the snapshots with its visceral tire physics version. Ya right

Quote from Sobis :I'm almost certain it's with the new physics because of this quote:

I don't expect to add any post-processing effects at this release. I need to finish up on the lighting and shadows so I can get to sort out the tyre physics and get that to a releasable state if at all possible. I can't bear the thought of trying to merge the current changes you see in the development version, into the public version. I want to get past that point where there are two branches and I want LFS back on the right track again.

Quote from Evolution_R :I think this is the main goal... since these screenshots are made using the dev version of LFS (with the new physics). Shrug

We will see when update comes i guess then.
Now I am thinking, how this graphical update will affect the interior of the cars? As the update will anyway be remarkable and it will attract many people, old and new LFS players, it would be a shame if not improvement has done in the interiors. Even if it would take some weeks/months longer, I would prefer that, instead of releasing a graph update with old car interiors.
Quote from lucaf :Now I am thinking, how this graphical update will affect the interior of the cars?

I wouldnt ask for too much Big grin
Quote from lucaf :Now I am thinking, how this graphical update will affect the interior of the cars? As the update will anyway be remarkable and it will attract many people, old and new LFS players, it would be a shame if not improvement has done in the interiors. Even if it would take some weeks/months longer, I would prefer that, instead of releasing a graph update with old car interiors.

Actually, almost all of the cars require a rework, more detailed models, especially cars like the RB4 with those flat interiors :S

Graphics Progress Report: Westhill
(70 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG