The online racing simulator
Graphics Progress Report: Rockingham
(111 posts, closed, started )
South City needs something! Juice it up!
South City?
Hmmmm.... how about a working train? Rowdy race fans throwing bottles at the passing cars? and of course, Flaming trash cans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote from Racer Y :South City?
Hmmmm.... how about a working train? Rowdy race fans throwing bottles at the passing cars? and of course, Flaming trash cans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lmao yes! That would be spectacular
-
(benjamin.torres) DELETED by benjamin.torres : stupid post
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :in suggestions i suggested stanoinary helicopters on heli pads... people went like...
why would we need to have helicopters in LFS.

my suggestion was they should just be "there". to get a feel of life on tracks.
perhaps it was because it was me suggesting it. but that suggestion would infact make LFS feel more alive with slow ratating blades on them. i even suggested they could work as the windmills already do.

but i also got impression of Scawen dont fully agree with this as (i think it was scawen who wrote it) this would mean we would get less performance from LFS regarding graphics. so a moving train. i fully agree would be extremely nice to have. but if roter blades on a stanionary helicopter is that hard to implement as i got the impression it is. a moving train would be totally out of the question. however much i do like these ideas.
moving cranes behind buildings far away perhaps. lots of options to make LFS more "alive". as it is now. we got windmills and flags. and trees. and thats it really. nothing else but the car is moving.
(well dust ofc and smoke).
like i also suggested not having aeroplanes in the sky. but just a white stripe coming across at times simulating a flyby by a plane. thinking it in the smallest terms so to speak ,to make it as simple as possible, but still would give an great effect when youre on a track. making it more alive.
in the future. we could have small rabbits jumping out on the track you could hit(by mistake ofc as we love animals) while youre driving. soo many small things could be done , i think very easily to make it all more alive. but if its that hard to make. well. out of options.

Years ago I played this old mod for NASCAR 2003. The guy basically modded his neighborhood and put all sorts of things in it. Oncoming traffic and a freight train were two of those things. Unfortunately the mod was a little glitchy and would lock up more often than not. But it was enough for me to realize that a train in S.City would be a cool challenge. Especially on Classic in the Chicane. I know Fern bay has train tracks in some of their configurations too, but it's more pronounced in S.City.
Seeing I don't know a thing about coding, I can throw out goofy suggestions all the time. Most of any suggestions I make are just that: goofy. They're not really meant to be taken seriously. Except the train idea. I don't know what kind of coding is involved in making a train for South City. I'm not so sure about how it would affect overall game play either. I just thought it would be a cool thing to have as an option.
I'd much rather have something like an illegal street race server with a working train than I would want to have a plain ol Cruise server.
But you're right. Still need to weigh the coolness factor of these game enhancements versus the pain in the butt factor of making any of these enhancements.
LFS is for the most part a racing game and not a train simulator. Thus having a moving train on a race track seems rather daft. It might be fun for all thr cruisers out there, but then the autocross editor might need a few more train related objects.

However, I foundly remember the LFS football / autoball events from back in the day - I want a scalable ball object!
Quote from three_jump :LFS is for the most part a racing game and not a train simulator. Thus having a moving train on a race track seems rather daft. It might be fun for all thr cruisers out there, but then the autocross editor might need a few more train related objects.

However, I foundly remember the LFS football / autoball events from back in the day - I want a scalable ball object!

must been playing too much rocket league
I dunno. There's a train track. May as well be a train.
Hi.
I wonder where this road goes?
Attached images
Untitled.jpg
Quote from valiugera :I wonder where this road goes?

We need to wait next update and we see all road on updated tracks Smile
Who else checking the update released day by day Razz?
-
(thegamer147) DELETED by thegamer147
I'm thinking about it every hour! Big grin
Can't wait for the next graphics progress report!
I believe this thread would become a spam thread if everyone replied to that. I'm not helping it as I'm checking it everyday as well Big grin
Quote from Sobis :I believe this thread would become a spam thread if everyone replied to that. I'm not helping it as I'm checking it everyday as well Big grin

Hehe!, true Thumbs up.
Quote from Evolution_R :I'm thinking about it every hour! Big grin
Can't wait for the next graphics progress report!

I'm like Tom Hanks, lost in "Cast away" somewhere in nowhere.

I sleep in front of the garage gate of Blackwood Shrug .... like the Apple fans in front of the Apple stores. Sure is sure .... in the end there is a clearance sale and there are not enough updates for all ...Uhmm
Quote from Xenix74 :in the end there is a clearance sale and there are not enough updates for all ...Uhmm

Rofl
Quote from Tavo.p :https://www.lfs.net/static/screenshots/blr201808/-1774678%20-43502591%201642389%20-31173%202275%200.0%2058.8.jpg
this Autocross???

Frown
Looks like there might be a object incursion problem with the drag strip poles and the Lmaoring "Marcus Memorial stadium arena".. I hope this doesn't cause the demise of the layout Schwitz

Means quite a lot to some people so I hope Lmaoring will be able to stay as it is and perhaps even take an extended route on the left side of drag area now Smile
Quote from killafilla :Who else checking the update released day by day Razz?

like lfs users were not used to be patient Omg omg omgTiltWink
WTH ??? 1 month without update in the progress reports ??? Confused

[/jk]

Big grin
I admit to lurk around multiple times per day Heart LFS
At any time the new update will be released
-
(Tavo.p) DELETED by Tavo.p
Quote from Tavo.p :At any time the new update will be released

Update no, progress report yes.

Pls don't mix those up, totally different magnitude of a task.
This thread is closed

Graphics Progress Report: Rockingham
(111 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG