The online racing simulator
Quote from sermilan :I hope that the Westhill's infamous buggy kerb is on the list... if not so, please fix it because it has been a major headache to many drivers.

I am not sure, but it seems that final kerbs will be 3D, smoother, you name it. The all new Blackwood has same problem in civil area. If you drive on city kerb, wheel is teleported 3 inches up, and produces space forces for 0,001s. I assume they work different way in devs LFS version.
Quote from sermilan :I hope that the Westhill's infamous buggy kerb is on the list... if not so, please fix it because it has been a major headache to many drivers.

I suspect they're not,because the bug happens due tyre physics,which means that they will be fixed with the new physics. That's how I understood it.
Quote from Eclipsed :I suspect they're not,because the bug happens due tyre physics,which means that they will be fixed with the new physics. That's how I understood it.

While that's true (or at least expected by everybody) they could work with current version just by adding a bit of a slope to them. So they don't make the tire change suddenly 3 cm in vertical axis.

And we know that collision mesh and visual mesh is independent, so they could do whatever they want and fix with new version (or have now a workaround and then release the intended version).
Quote from pasibrzuch :Do you suspect a negative feedback because of ugly screenshots of preview of a beta test patch?

Yes!

We want to show some nice pictures. We noticed some flaws and thought I might as well work on them. It's a way to get things done. It's part of the development process, in just the same was that it was a good thing that Eric took a few days off the track he is currently on, to go over the already updated tracks to fix a few things.

It's a good thing that we are brushing up our work for the screenshots, not a bad thing!
Indeed it is a good thing, you hopefully do not photshop the thing like so many other game companies do !
NB : hope the new track Eric was/is working on could be part of the screenshots Wink
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :Bah...! No one forces to drive in regular layout to that spot. In my opinion, it is Excellent!

I'm not sure if we are thinking about the same corner. I'm talking about the second to last corner in WE1 configuration where, if you put the rear tire a bit over the end of the kerb, it throws the car so violently.
(screenshot attached)

Maybe ironing a bit that end of the kerb would do until new tire physics are introduced?
Attached images
Clip.jpg
That corner now has 3D kerbs.

Using this camera position: /cp -3052607 -1380642 67659 -21680 548 0.0 40.0

Attached screenshot at resolution 1600x900.
Attached images
lfs_00000309.jpg
Quote from Scawen :That corner now has 3D kerbs.

Wow, what a difference.
The new one looks very good.
Keep up the good work Scawen and Eric Thumbs up

Am I seeing reflections with a fresnel effect on this post? Big grin
Attached images
capture.png
I dunno about fresnel, but the post's making a shadow, the lighting in general is much better and the textures throughout the whole scene have been upgraded. A preview of the upcoming preview, and it's looking good Thumbs up
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :i get all the good ones... ***siighs***

top left corner...

what can cause this then ? because ive seen this in 0.6R too ?

all it takes is a restart of LFS , but still somewhat annoying.
same as the lights ? atleast then i would get it. but also the screenie is next to a treeline. that treeline went black, how i noticed in the first placed i had this glitch.

"yeees i know its the modded version. thats why i like to know what tracks i can work on and whatnot.so i can clean this install out,lol".

LOL you completely screwed up your game didnt you? Lol what are you doing XD
Quote from nacim :

Am I seeing reflections with a fresnel effect on this post? Big grin

I don't think you see any reflections what so ever. It's just lit in a way where the sides are a bit brighter. Or it's in the texture. But hey at least we got fresnel on the cars, where it really counts Smile
Quote from Scawen :That corner now has 3D kerbs.

Thank you!

I guess we've got our first screenshot from the series expected in August Smile
Our plan is to do a small presentation in August. We want to write a little about the shadows and lighting and do some high resolution shots to illustrate.

Anyway, to thank you for being so patient, here's another medium resolution Westhill shot from a different angle in that same weather.

Again 1600x900 at this camera position:
/cp -8104131 21192096 392929 3623 300 0.0 40.0
Attached images
lfs_00000311.jpg
This is great how the shadows are set everywhere Thumbs up ... looks like the position of sun all around the day is to come in the future Smile
The new lighting system and shadows looks so good, I just can't wait to try it! Thank you! Heart
The specular highlighting in this one is beautiful Thumbs up
Looks pretty fantastic, good job Smile
GG!
Quote from Scawen :Our plan is to do a small presentation in August. We want to write a little about the shadows and lighting and do some high resolution shots to illustrate.

Anyway, to thank you for being so patient, here's another medium resolution Westhill shot from a different angle in that same weather.

Again 1600x900 at this camera position:
/cp -8104131 21192096 392929 3623 300 0.0 40.0

These roads look bloody amazing!
These shots are quite an evolution and made me question if it could eventually lead to adjustable hour of the day (or night). Either way it's great, thanks for sharing Scawen!
Quote from Skytrill :These shots are quite an evolution and made me question if it could eventually lead to adjustable hour of the day (or night). Either way it's great, thanks for sharing Scawen!

It's a start. Thumbs up Dynamic shadows and ambient lighting are steps in this direction. Then it needs at least procedural sky and clouds, and after that, it would need to support spotlights on tracks and cars. And all of these can be long to develop if you want it to be fast, stable and nice looking. Nod

New Version 0.6T - More robust multiplayer system
(210 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG