The online racing simulator
@Lucas
Throttle blipping should be something you learn and instinctively do, not done by a computer Rofl It will never get it right.

@Scawen Would love to see the winged FSAE car in LFS. Is it possible, just in the next official update, however small it may be, to have the "winged" aka modern fsae car in? You guys should still have the vehicle model and so forth for it, I hope?
Would open up league or race choices, as the current MRT is a little shoebox with bad front grip in high speed.
Quote from asyed :We need a LX8 league for jokes.

Yes, I remember there was this nascar league based on Bob Smith's mod back in the day Tongue

They were hard to handle just like the LX8, it would be awesome Big grin
Quote from Scawen :Thanks everyone for the positive comments. Those of you who do follow the forum know why it was worth spending a few of hours getting this little update together. Please you've had some fun with it. That's what LFS is all about, in my opinion. Having fun. Smile

Indeed it is fun !! a lot !
I let you imagine the fervor when you will release new contents for the coming updated version !!!
Quote :It will not be developed or included in future versions

Too bad! :-(

That was a long time ago. But it's nice to see where LFS stands today... and will stand in the (near) future. I'm looking forward to the next updates.
I would like to think that with new tyre physics, lx8 would be a beast, and compare to other gtrs like fzr and xrr
This isn't a version for playing. At the moment, Scawen should not be bogged down by small requests of the strong points in 5F, and concentrate on the huge update of 0.6S, or which could even be known as 0.7
0.6T or 0.7 or 1.0 ...
I remember having read that S is not going to be used because of its "5" look-alike ...
1.0? Yeah, just abandon the generation old Scirrocco... that probably even VW has forgotten.
Quote from Scawen :That's what LFS is all about, in my opinion. Having fun. Smile

Yes so much fun
#60 - BIzO
Scawen, what about adding that version in the archive downloads?
So what's the topspeed anyone has achieved so far? Seems like it can go as fast as GTR's, maybe even faster.
Quote from Kid222 :So what's the topspeed anyone has achieved so far? Seems like it can go as fast as GTR's, maybe even faster.

Highest I've managed to achieve thus far on the oval seems to be about 262 km/h.

Attached images
03.05.2018.jpg
When doing it right I was able to reach 264km/h before braking at BL1 (btw I have sweated blood to reach 1.18 Big grin ) ...
GTR seem a few km/h slower ...
Did not try Aston, looks like too dangerous (let's not speak about Westhill Big grin )
For a next release, an LX8 with 400hp sounds a perfect car to add in S3 ^^ Thumbs up
/dream mode
Quote from Flotch :When doing it right I was able to reach 264km/h before braking at BL1

Food for thought! Cool
Quote from Flotch :For a next release, an LX8 with 400hp sounds a perfect car to add in S3 ^^ Thumbs up

Spoiler too please!
Did a 1:52.2 at Westhill last week, total bitch of a car with less than 60% fuel.
For those with NVidia Optimus on Windows 10 who can't get 0.5F2 to use NVidia dedicated GPU: it's a known `bug` with Optimus not really supporting DirectX 8 properly.

It can be easily solved by copying a DirectX 8 to 9 converter into LFS directory, e.g. this one: https://github.com/crosire/d3d8to9/releases or the one from ENBSeries.
How much that would do in FlatOut! Series! ? Tongue
#68 - BIzO
Quote from Flotch :For a next release, an LX8 with 400hp sounds a perfect car to add in S3 ^^ Thumbs up
/dream mode

Actually had some fun with Pro Tweak and the current LX6, made it a 3.0 i8 instead of 6 (couldn't make it a V engine but still), added some slicks tyres and it was actually really fun to drive Thumbs up
Reading this (and other related threads ) I can't help feeling that the ability to mod the game (LX8 being really a mod !) would appear to be giving a breath of new life to the sim whilst we all wait (No comment) for the 'soon' to be coming official update.

As many other racing sim's learned this simple lesson many years ago I can't help feeling that if LFS embraced modded tracks, as a simple example, it may well lead to more people actually buying the game. This would give the dev's money, the reason I believe they actually work on the sim, and would encourage and support their time spent on working on the 'soon' to be coming major update.

As this (LX8) mod is 'officially' supported, I'd like to think that the Dev's could actually think about their cashflow situation and seriously consider this suggestion.
(Wot with the massive takeup of VR as a mainstream gaming platform Cool)
Scawen has already stated he'd like to add official mod support, it's just not going to be worked on for a while since there's a ton of content and changes to add beforehand.
At last the correct use of 'a while'. Hug

I should add your definition to the Urban Dictionary.
Quote from Scawen :
It will not be developed or included in future versions

I just did read that and... pfffft.

Have to go for a critic and saying this is just a tease and shows a conflict about your thoughts of what LFS should be.

Of course you are intended to add it some point when most of physics and features and other minor stuff is completed. Why to spend time of something which is not planned to do, regardless of how much time is spent.

Perhaps I understand the car way too hard and dangerous car to drive, but that happens on real life as well, as mentioned in one of my earlier posts.

Just blunt honest opinion.

Quote from BeNoM :Scawen has already stated he'd like to add official mod support, it's just not going to be worked on for a while since there's a ton of content and changes to add beforehand.

Unless this option goes on live as well, then I could understand little better, obviously.
It's mind boggling that this finished car is not in the game while the UF1 and UFR are and still don't have interiors.

No hate, just food for thought.

Anyway it was fun to try it out, kinda impossible to control it on a touchpad though Big grin
Quote from Nadeo4441 :It's mind boggling that this finished car is not in the game while the UF1 and UFR are and still don't have interiors.

No hate, just food for thought.

Anyway it was fun to try it out, kinda impossible to control it on a touchpad though Big grin

Apart from it's heavily underdeveloped physics Tongue
Quote from Nadeo4441 :It's mind boggling that this finished car is not in the game while the UF1 and UFR are and still don't have interiors.

I have not tested the LX8, so I won't comment on that one.

However cockpits are another issue. There are plenty of cars in LFS that are desperatly in need of some visual updates: UFx, RB4, FXO, FZR... Those still look like 2006 when S2 was intially released. And while the demo cars got updated (yes, some others as well) the updates for those "nearly finished" cars (2009, I'm too lazy here to search the exact post from Scawen) never arrived.

Maybe for there are some technical reasons (incompatible LFS version?), I don't know. Probably. But since then we also had incompatible track updates for Blackwood, Westhill and Rockingham. I'm not sure why, but updated cockpits were just never mentioned again, which is really a shame, because that is what a customer first sees and what pulls you into a game. And compared to other games LFS is at least 10 years behind in that particular department (sadly).

I haven't given up on those updates yet, considering how stunning Blackwood / Westhill turned out to be, but an update on that front (Hello Eric!) would be very much appreciated.

tl;dr: Other cars are in desperate need of a (new) cockpit too!

LX8 GTR semi-official version 0.5F2
(134 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG