The online racing simulator
Thank you Scawen, glad that you decided to do this Smile

Since it connects to the new master server, does that mean multiplayer is possible?
Quote from BeNoM :Since it connects to the new master server, does that mean multiplayer is possible?

I think so. If you create a server, it is visible on server list on lfsworld
Awesome, LX8 racing would be quite wacky lol
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Amazing, thanks. This is a lot more fun than I expected. The way you have to feather the throttle, it feels like a 4 wheel superbikeBig grin

Nice to see how the old tracks looked like too, gotta love the retro-futuristic style of the South City breaking marks, aswell as its dodgy pitlane...

Try a lap of KY3 and check out the section before the underpass Wink
Quote from MacedoSTI :now, just fault the MRT8 from lfs screenshots :3

Thumbs up

Looks cool as hell, but big wings were probably overkill for such a low powered car.

Quote from michal 1279 :How were you supposed to handle the tire temperature with this thing? I can't even make a lap without Greenpeace attempting to shut down the game Uh-hu Dead banana

It's a little tricky but pretty managable with hard tyres. Brake early, don't go crazy on corner entry. Tyres cool down a bit after a few laps.

Quote from mbutcher :Try a lap of KY3 and check out the section before the underpass Wink

Thanks for the tip! Had no idea KY3's layout was different back then. I think I like the current, faster version better though. This felt a little stop and start.
Hm.. What if I have a s3 License? Will it crash?
Quote from skirmantasLTUgamer :Hm.. What if I have a s3 License? Will it crash?

No - if you have S3, you can still unlock S1 and S2 on past versions.
Quote from mbutcher :Try a lap of KY3 and check out the section before the underpass Wink

wow, I do not remember having seen Kyoto section like this ! Good find !
-
(Flame CZE) DELETED by Flame CZE : not LFS problem
Quote from k_badam :full fuel = more stable, like, way more

I put also max anti rollbars and max positive toe in front. Now its almost drivable Big grin

Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :
Looks cool as hell, but big wings were probably overkill for such a low powered car.

Modern formula student cars are using similar wings;
something I think I could have in the next versions of lfs is this here that has in 0.5f2

[capture]

Thumbs upRofl
is bad
Quote from lucasazedo :something I think I could have in the next versions of lfs is this here that has in 0.5f2

Thumbs upRofl

At least for AI ...
For players ... it is a simulation in the end, so why not forcing the player to do it as it is quite simple and interesting to handle it properly Smile ...

NB : the LX8 is brilliant Big grin , I love the feeling of slight wheelspin over 130kmph Big grin Big grin
I just opened 0.5F2 Server (s2 only obviously) and I'm having a blast there with this version haha.
Attached images
Untitled.png
Wait,hang on. If it can connect to master server, can we race LX8 online?
Yes
Quote from asyed :Wait,hang on. If it can connect to master server, can we race LX8 online?

I already did some LX8 races
We need a LX8 league for jokes.
Everyone is talking about the LX8 and i'm just here enjoying RB4 and FXR(damn slicks) with 45 steering lock and fully rwd. It's so fun drifting them properly <3 Now this makes me really wish it could be transferred in the current version.
Attached images
Untitled.jpg
I like suspension of some cars. Big grin For example: UFR.
The car is so low that the rear tires do not touch the road... Na-na
In some cars, none of the four tires touches the road or you can not turn. Haha!
Attached images
Untitled.jpg
oo, it is soo amazing that you devs go back to this version just to let us players experiment with the beta test game(mainly becuse this game was never meant to be public/leaked in 1st place), also i kind of hate/miss few features that are in the 0.5F(2), and are not in 0.6R, great to see the game evolving soo much Smile
•when you do not properly use clutch on shift you will be stuck in neutral
•tacho meters are not limited (rpm ones), yeah i know i can make it work in lfs lazy&stuffs but i love the fact you have to learn the car to be fast in it Smile
•and possibly the full possible lock on all diffs on 4wd/awd cars
One small lyt made by me.. Westhill National.. i hate this height limit on free camera. Dead banana

Attached files
WE1_westhill national.lyt - 508 B - 474 views
I'm excited to see that scawen is still working on lfs

ohh wait...
Quote from F.C.Barcelona :I'm excited to see that scawen is still working on lfs

ohh wait...

There's so much content that you have never tried. We offer so much more than just Blackwood and 3 cars. But you have never tried it or contributed to our development. I guess you think it's a free game and we can live on nothing.

We're also working on loads of new things and don't need any comments from scroungers who can't be bothered to have a look around to find out what we are working on.
Thanks everyone for the positive comments. Those of you who do follow the forum know why it was worth spending a few of hours getting this little update together. Please you've had some fun with it. That's what LFS is all about, in my opinion. Having fun. Smile

LX8 GTR semi-official version 0.5F2
(134 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG