The online racing simulator
Signing up Update: The league section sign-ups are still accepted however if preferred by the driver a secondary sign-up method is supplied here, to use this one reply after filling out the following:

Username:
Driver Name: (including tag):
Team name (If none leave blank):
Car (RB4, FXO, XRT):

Example:
Username: Huskii
Driver Name: (including tag): SO•Huski
Team name (If none leave blank): Street Obsessions
Car (RB4, FXO, XRT): FXO
Looks interesting. Although I'm wondering about the points system - what's the idea behind 20-18-16-(n-2...) scoring? If the scoring is perfectly linear, then why not to just use 10-9-8-7...1? Unless there's 1 point for pole or fastest lap, 2 point gaps seems pointless.
Quote from michal 1279 :Looks interesting. Although I'm wondering about the points system - what's the idea behind 20-18-16-(n-2...) scoring? If the scoring is perfectly linear, then why not to just use 10-9-8-7...1? Unless there's 1 point for pole or fastest lap, 2 point gaps seems pointless.

I just personally prefer the 2 gap per pos over the 1 for it, however due to the ability of the autocalc table I'll possibly be changing it to the linear 10-1 system.
I'll select the car for whole season or just 1 race?
Quote from RipstiE :I'll select the car for whole season or just 1 race?

Rule 7 states the following: "once your first race is completed your car will not be able to be changed."

This implies that you can change car UNTIL RACE ONE. This decision was for the possibility of a car championship too (for extra statistics) to see what cars perform best throughout.
#6 - lucaf
my sign up:

Username: lucaf
Driver Name: 9397
Team name:
Car: XRT
-
(Huskii) DELETED by Huskii : Changed
Six drivers so far signed up across 2 teams! Come sign up for simple, fun, close TBO racing!

R1: Jan 10th
Username: jackson93
Driver Name: (including tag): M@CI3K
Car (RB4, FXO, XRT): RB4
-
(Nicholander) DELETED by Nicholander : Realized the time of the races won't work for me. (I live in Eastern US, so all the races are at 2 PM Wednesdays, when I'm at school.)
#9 - lucaf
I would decide the point table after we know how many participants will be. For example lets imagine we will have 20 participants during whole league. Would be shame if slowest ten guys don't get points at all. But that is just my opinion.

Second thing in mind: what about RB4 is much weaker on tarmac courses? Those who take it without knowing it, will be disappointed after first race, and will leave the series. What about some compensation for RB4? If dont want to use restrictions, give +1 extra point for race if RB4 driver? Or something...?
Quote from lucaf :I would decide the point table after we know how many participants will be. For example lets imagine we will have 20 participants during whole league. Would be shame if slowest ten guys don't get points at all. But that is just my opinion.

Second thing in mind: what about RB4 is much weaker on tarmac courses? Those who take it without knowing it, will be disappointed after first race, and will leave the series. What about some compensation for RB4? If dont want to use restrictions, give +1 extra point for race if RB4 driver? Or something...?

Your first point; I can see where your coming from with it, if we peaked 10 people I'd look into a system that accompanies for that, however right now I don't particularly see that happening, at least not this side.

Your second point; Again I see where your coming from, I'd probably look into how to make this work which might be going back to the 2 point gap between places just in the name of point table fairness, as then if an rb4 finishes 2nd they wont get the same point amount as someone else finishing 1st. This is something I'd look into beforehand but it might not be implemented until the next time SORL is running.
#11 - EE3
Username: EE3
Driver Name: (including tag): SO•South
Username: Thespeed10
Driver Name: (including tag): B2R Skattle
Team name (If none leave blank): Born 2 Race
Car (RB4, FXO, XRT): XRT
Current Sign-up Rundown

Street Obsessions - TAZxx & Huski
FordRallyeSport Team - Joaofrs & Galinhofrs
PiranMOTO - Jam616
Street Obsessions1 - South
[GLOW] - Ripstie
[GAME] - MrSupergame & Rob2003
Born 2 Race - Skattle

Unteamed:
Shamz
M@CI3K
Stoley
Rejekt

This form will be filled out with drivers car upon race 1, I'll also be attempting to create a cars standing table too, so we can see how the cars fare against eachother!
Have you considered retstrictions for certain car/cars. Rb4 is the slowest car even tho it has awd and without restrictions races wont be balanced. Most of tbo leagues/events have it this and I think it should b fair to do it. Also why short laps except blackwood and south city, qualifications last same or more than actual race Frown
Quote from Tomislav531 :Have you considered retstrictions for certain car/cars. Rb4 is the slowest car even tho it has awd and without restrictions races wont be balanced. Most of tbo leagues/events have it this and I think it should b fair to do it. Also why short laps except blackwood and south city, qualifications last same or more than actual race Frown

Qualification reason: I've put it as the race length etc for drivers who cant come on the dot of quali time as I know not every driver will be consistently on the dot of quali start, this is a system I believe is more driver friendly, as well it gives that time to (if a driver feels the want / need to) over-test setups to full race length, or make changes as well.

Restriction: I'd be using season 1 to see HOW restricted the cars would have to be together using season 1's races as a benchmark in a way. With that said I'd look to implementing it in season 2 Smile

Laps: They were made specifically to be 30m length minimum 40m length maximum (apart from final race, big finale) so races don't go on and on and on for ever. To get the length I took all 3 cars midrange hotlap on the circuit, made it into an average then worked out 30m or 40m (dependant on what was more solid, either a 5 or a 0) to get the race length

(Also quick edit because I forgot) - as suggested by Lucaf to help with the RB4's balance we won't be force restricting everything else HOWEVER I will be awarding RB4's an extra point ontop of what they achieve within the race, with hopes to help the balance. This will also mean the points table will go back to the 2 gap rather than 1!
Username: Rzonda
Driver Name: (including tag): SO•Rzonda
-
(Huskii) DELETED by Huskii : rollback
I dont like 2nd part of 7th rule. Now is less challenging Frown
Quote from Huskii : rulechange. car can be changed cross round.

are you sure? First people sign up, then rule change? Why?
Quote from Huskii :Iddy biddy rulechange.

7. Sign-up still mandatory, car can be changed cross round.

What is the reason for the change?
The reason first-off was due to balance, however upon 2nd look-over it I believe the +1 point for RB4 balances enough for now.

Upon a 2nd look-over I've rolled it back. We're 3 days away from race and the rules, points etc will undergo no more changes.

As well I want to make a record of how each CAR scores (overall from each driver) for the statistical fun!
All drivers; FSR, lfs leagues wiped the car choices :/. All drivers choice of car in R1 will be noted down and published for the next round!

All drivers who signed up here have already been accounted for however!

Known drivers & Cars:

Lucaf/9397: XRT
EE3: FXO
jackson93 (m@cik3): RB4
Skattle: XRT
Rzonda: FXO
Huski: FXO
TAZxx: FXO
Pete: FXO
Racon (Jam616): FXO
Shamz: FXO
Galinhofrs: XRT
Joaofrs: XRT
IN[GAME]: RB4
MRSUPER[GAME]: FXO
Ripstie: XRT
Getrag: XRT
Stoley:
Rejekt:
Quote from lucaf :Second thing in mind: what about RB4 is much weaker on tarmac courses? Those who take it without knowing it, will be disappointed after first race, and will leave the series. What about some compensation for RB4? If dont want to use restrictions, give +1 extra point for race if RB4 driver? Or something...?

Even if you give +1pont for rb4, it still wouldnt make sense to pick it, while without restrictions. It would be AT LEAST 0.5s slower per lap than xrt/fxo, a lot more on faster tracks. Bl1? 30 laps race, you would loose at least 15 seconds. That +1point wouldn't make RB4 competitive at all, couse picking it will loose you several places.
In NDR's winter event fxo had restriction of 3%, yet during practice fastest rb4 lap was around second slower than fxo's.
From my perspective, there shouldn't be any RB4's on grid.
Like I said its best if we use restriction. Since there is 3days left to the race it will be without restriction simply because we couldnt agree on time. So we have usual race without restriction on blackwood and rb4 gets 1point more this round and for all next races we use restriction. I think after this race we will have plenty of time to discuss perfect balance and restriction settings. Yes?
Username: Bunnytt
Driver Name: (including tag):Bunny™
Car (RB4, FXO, XRT):XRT
Hello! As a clearing up sort of thing I'm going in-depth on the 1 car rule and how we're enforcing it.

Firstly the one car rule is the rule that disallows you to change car per round, once you leave pits for the first time on Qualify on Race 1 your car WILL be noted down and you'll be using that car throughout the season.

In short; Once you leave pits for the first time in qualification on race 1, your car is what you left in.

If you qualify in a different car:

1st time: Getting told to change your car. + Warning
2nd time: Stop-Go Penalty in race.
3rd time: Disqualification from race.
4th time: Disqualification from season.

If you race (start race) in a different car:

1st time: Removal from race.
2nd time: Removal from season.

As it stands the current car list is:

Lucaf/9397: XRT
EE3: FXO
jackson93 (m@cik3): RB4
Skattle: XRT
Rzonda: FXO
Huski: FXO
TAZxx: FXO
Pete: FXO
Racon (Jam616): FXO
Shamz: FXO
Galinhofrs: XRT
Joaofrs: XRT
IN[GAME]: RB4
MRSUPER[GAME]: FXO
Ripstie: XRT
Getrag: FXO
Stoley: XRT
Rejekt:
Bunny: XRT

(List may not always be accurate, its taken from the last knowns of the league subsection. Which cleared some data >:/. List will update when Q1 starts)

Street Obsessions Racing League - Official Thread - DEPRECIATED
(169 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG