The online racing simulator
Quote from W3RRD :Hey there guys! I am getting back into LFS after being obsessed with it 6 years ago! I'm very excited to race with you all on the 14th!

Welcome back to LFS! Look forward to seeing you on the track!
I maybe dont make it to qualifying from now on. Is there any particular reason why you skipped one week after R2.?
Quote from Tomislav531 :I maybe dont make it to qualifying from now on. Is there any particular reason why you skipped one week after R2.?

When I was doing the calendar I completely miscounted the weeks which led to a 3w gap instead of a 2w gap.
Username: ufoandaliens
Driver Name: (including tag): M,tunc
Team name (rapid sikilled people):
Car (RB4, FXO, XRT): FXO
Thanks for the event!

I think there was at least one avoidable accident: the ramming of Ikomap into LucianLS pushing him 180deg + having more consequenses (1st lap, 1:38). The crash between Astley and Joan on lap3 was also interesting.

Here is my incar cam that I recorded during the race. I'll upload later a tv broadcast vid.
Quote from ufoandaliens :Username: ufoandaliens
Driver Name: (including tag): M,tunc
Team name (rapid sikilled people):
Car (RB4, FXO, XRT): FXO

Added!
and here is tv vid Big grin

btw ikomap who had some fun nickname, wondered why he was put in the back of the grid. I dont know, but I guess he wasnt on the track (spectating?) while the race started...that could be the answer?
Looking back at that incident I did kinda shut the door on Ikomap and then hit recklessly someone else when trying too fast to turn the car around.

EDIT: I didn't expect to be featured so much in the video Big grin
I envy you.
SORL ROUND 3 - RESULTS

Round 3 took us to Weshill in our definite most interesting race so far this season, firstly there were the crashes between ALM Joan & S.Astley in L1 (then the other one later on) as well as LucianLS' crash within L1 as well, this race also hosted a few very good looking battles, my favourite was in fact the battle near the back between Rzonda, Redbot_ & LucianLS.

In terms of drivers we had 13 drivers finish!

In another note SORL has ONE sign-up spot remaining. I'd like to give a big thank you to everyone who signed up to race, I'm hoping we'll see a whole list one raceday.

(above - results)

The points table has left much the same way as after round 2:

In 1st is Getrag with 52 points, 2nd being Spiiiky with 50 points and Mikke with 40 points.
In the teams Street Obsessions 1 (30 points) has moved past [TC-R] (29 points)

Warnings / Reminders

S.Astley has been spoken to about his crashes with ALM Joan.

No action to be taken against Ikomap or LucianLS for their crash on L1 (Lucian has explained his actions above)

Round 4 announcement!

Round 4 of SORL will be taking us to Aston Historic for the 2nd longest race of the season (I think) with Aston Historic lasting 8.1KM per lap for 15 laps. This is a race that will test drivers fully as it is a race that will last for 121.5km. This race will take place on the 28th of Febuary 2018 @ 18:00 GMT Qualifying start time!
BIG NEWS!

Hello! Just posting a quick update, to say we've hit 38 SIGN UPS!!! what this means is that sign-ups are now CLOSED.

Again a massive thanks to everybody who has signed up, and a bigger thanks to everybody that has raced previously!
I can't wait fort the next stage, I really like the flowy feel of Aston's long layouts.
Heyo everyone! Just as a note I've added the password attached to the pm that all drivers get already, will do this all the way through as we're no longer accepting sign-ups!

See everyone at 18:00 GMT!
Fun, clean racing until the final few laps. See you all next time!
Crashes or contacts happen, I just wish people would play it fair. If you have potato internet connection and lag like hell, you shouldn't do door to door racing... simple as that. But I guess winning is more important.
Quote from Spiiiky :Crashes or contacts happen, I just wish people would play it fair. If you have potato internet connection and lag like hell, you shouldn't do door to door racing... simple as that. But I guess winning is more important.

He is reffering to me ofc. I just dont know is it with you what problems do you have as an adult constantly crying after EVERY race that im ramming you is absurd. Telling I have a potato connection LOL. Stop spreading lies and information that is false. The server is hosted from France and im in Croatia which means im one of the closest in the server with lowest ping and actually have one of the best connections.
Now about racing what is it that you dont understand that racing isnt easy that nobody will let you just pass: Oh here comes spiky I have to let him pass because he will yell at me after the race. Here you go Spiky a well deserved place. Hahahah you are funny dude ofc im not gona let you pass because we are competing to win as Senna said. But I guess personality is that everybody else is guilty for your fail.
I will come even harder on you from now and be because constant acusations I wont tolerate you any more sorry but you are ANNOYING guy who cant accept defeat.
And if you dont like contact in racing which ofc happens frequently when you put evenly matched drivers then go drive KINDERGARTEN CUP.
Well I crashed again, in lap4, and this time I can't say I had any fault.
I guess the other driver went into the instinctual hotlap mode and tried to get into the ideal racing line whilst ignoring I was already there.
Not that I was doing great but I was hoping at least for a top 10 finish.
Quote from Tomislav531 :He is reffering to me ofc. I just dont know is it with you what problems do you have as an adult constantly crying after EVERY race that im ramming you is absurd. Telling I have a potato connection LOL. Stop spreading lies and information that is false. The server is hosted from France and im in Croatia which means im one of the closest in the server with lowest ping and actually have one of the best connections.
Now about racing what is it that you dont understand that racing isnt easy that nobody will let you just pass: Oh here comes spiky I have to let him pass because he will yell at me after the race. Here you go Spiky a well deserved place. Hahahah you are funny dude ofc im not gona let you pass because we are competing to win as Senna said. But I guess personality is that everybody else is guilty for your fail.
I will come even harder on you from now and be because constant acusations I wont tolerate you any more sorry but you are ANNOYING guy who cant accept defeat.
And if you dont like contact in racing which ofc happens frequently when you put evenly matched drivers then go drive KINDERGARTEN CUP.

Dealing with truth can be hard, for some it's even harder. Thanks for proving everything I though about you.
It seems there was lag related incidents with multiple drivers. The incident between Spiky and Getrag , [TC]Pete and SO.Ekmekcibasi happen around the same time in lap 13. Which makes me suspect it is server-side lag. But, I'm not justifying any driver's actions, as obviously I couldn't know exactly what they saw from their POV. Saw these while watching replay and thought I will mention, and hope the problems will be rectified and have trouble free races in coming rounds.

These are the shots from my mpr which shows the car as invisible, and these two incidents happen around the same time.
Attached images
2018-03-01 13-04-22.335.jpg
2018-03-01 13-16-40.182.jpg
Quote from Spiiiky :Dealing with truth can be hard, for some it's even harder. Thanks for proving everything I though about you.

What truth? I have nothing to hide just accept defeat.
Now about the incidents:
In attachments is my saved replay(race sorlrnd4) and the other replay I got from another guy who was also racing.
My view:https://gfycat.com/SpanishMeaslyGalapagostortoise
https://gfycat.com/ClearcutPleasantCowrie->COCKPIT VIEW
Look how static cars on the map in my view get.
SORRY FOR BAD QUALITY GIFS!

The other replay from another person:https://gfycat.com/ClassicDecimalBarnacle->COCKPIT VIEW
https://gfycat.com/DigitalSingleAndeancondor
Now this is the view I should of seen but I didnt what I witnessed is above.
So yeah no reason to blame me or yell "Do it fair" blabla for purposely ramming you Spiky because I didnt even see you and my car clearly didnt get any of that impact.
I dont know what happened maybe only me lagged but when I pressed "n" more than half of server had their ping numbers red and I thought that server will crash and I will time out. Perhaps you werent one of them?
Attached files
race sorlrnd4.mpr - 8.1 MB - 531 views
AS4_race_15L_8R_15F.mpr - 8.4 MB - 577 views
Quote from LucianLS :Well I crashed again, in lap4, and this time I can't say I had any fault.
I guess the other driver went into the instinctual hotlap mode and tried to get into the ideal racing line whilst ignoring I was already there.

I watched the replay and from my point of view it looks like Kairis wanted to go behind you but misjudged both car speed. He looked at the mirrors, took his foot off the gas and started turning into you thinking he would fit and we know how it ended.
It starts at 9:50.
Lucian, I will look at this lap for you.

In regards to the other issues, the ones we know of are being looked into as we speak, hence the delay in posting the results.

Regarding "lag" comments, yes there was some issues before the race server-side which were quickly addressed, however for the majority of racers it was not an issue.

By saying this, is not denial that lag could have played a factor. HOWEVER, we did everything we could have done to prevent lag being the issue, all other services we run were stopped after the second lag spike before qualifying and we saw no issues during that time.

I will not only check the replay provided to me by Huski, I will also check my own and other replays at specific time-stamps to see if lag did play a part.

I can assure you if lag did play a part in this that we will be raising this with our hosting provider as a support ticket so it does not happen again.

Please bear with us whilst we discuss internally all the issues discussed.
Quote from LucianLS :Well I crashed again, in lap4, and this time I can't say I had any fault.

If you would have wanted to keep on going I surely think Freddy(kairis) would have given you your spot but since you just gave up thanks to a small hit its all on you I truly think you would have done great even if you had lost some paint.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG