The online racing simulator
sry i forgot
4th RTFR XL results
Qualification:

Race:

Winner:

Race statistics / Event rating and other statistics (will be updated during the week)

- - - - - - - - - -

After the first "hype" things starting to settle down and XL version slowly reaches attendance values of the normal RTFR. Or maybe many didn't like the combo of first slick tyre car race. Or was it the open config with lacking help line? You'll never know,but still - there were plenty of racing yesterday,including ups and downs for quite few racers.

He did pick the combo and he used his choice well - L.Paddewwa set the fastest lap and led the most laps on his way to 2nd win in row,which happened also to have the biggest margin of victory - 19 seconds. Since it was his 2nd race and he repeated the performance,L.Paddewwa has now a 2 in all his stats. The highest in rating from attending racers was Spencer,who improved his best postition in both qualifying and race to 2nd and took his 3rd top5 finish,leveling up with M.Rukmanis at the top of this chart. Camoradi finished 3rd,which is also his best ever finish after improving also his best qualifying result,he finished 6th in his previous attempt. The list of best position improvers does not stop - 4th was Adam,who improved from 8th,but 5th - Sende,who improved from... Well,it was his 1st race actually.

* FUN FACT OF THE MONTH :
With 4th try,finally we got a penalty free race - that's deffinitelly worth to be a fun fact!

* CLOCK PITTER OF THE RACE :
In yesterday's race noone was able to finish without any pitwork,so the mention goes to Adam,who stopped at the pitbox just for 10.01 seconds. Besides him only 2 other racers made the race distance without tyre change,while some had to change their popped tyres.

* FIELD RUSHER OF THE RACE :
Seems like this is starting to get as a trend - a wild card starter climbs most positions. Was the case also yesterday,this in person of Nick,who made progress of 6 positions and finished 10th. Interstingly more racers lost positions than gained (6 to 4).

* HONORABLE MENTION :
A driver who never ever competed in any Race Green Events races came by yesterday and jumped into top 5 finishers right away,accompanied by 2 teammates who did not join the qualifying nor race. No information what hides behind letters "NTR",but driver's name is Sende.

The XL event now goes to it's normal XL break - in 4 weeks we will have another race featuring slick tyre cars as the combination of the next race is already picked - FO8 at Westhill International,which is not an unfamiliar combo of RGE,as it was used in round 1 of 2015 VERL (for some reason results screenshots are vanished,but spreadsheet with official results can be found via VERL2015 forum thread). It was a 200km race back then,completed in less then 1 hour,which means that we will have a bit longer race!

But if we look towards closer future - the normal RTFR will be back already next tuesday,also with some slick tyred car,info as always during weekend.

PS. To avoid the event turn into "one man show",following rule will be added - noone will be allowed to pick combo more than 3 times in row. In case someone wins the 4th race in row,the combo selection will be given to 2nd place finisher and that as long until there is a new winner. Same applies to 2nd place finisher if he finishes 2nd 3 times in row with same winner or even wins,the choice will be given further.
Great race, and I still can't believe I managed to keep my tyres in one piece Big grin
Quote from Eclipsed :Or was it the open config with lacking help line?

Well, for some reason I'm not a huge fan of any custom open configs... and of course it's not the lack of the help line, I just don't like them Big grin Big grin
Quote from Eclipsed :
In yesterday's race noone was able to finish without any pitwork,so the mention goes to Adam,who stopped at the pitbox just for 10.01 seconds. Besides him only 2 other racers made the race distance without tyre change,while some had to change their popped tyres.

Oooh so we were three who survived without changing tyres? Great, well done guys! Big grin
Quote from MandulAA :
Well, for some reason I'm not a huge fan of any custom open configs... and of course it's not the lack of the help line, I just don't like them Big grin Big grin

I don't like them either usually. They'll sometimes end up with some awkward corners or in extreme cases weird pit entrances/exits.

The transition from AS2R to AS1 was challenging but fun, but the transition back from AS1 to AS2R I didn't like as much. The edge of the track in the braking zone is off-camber and the apex of the corner doesn't have any curbing (but why would it for any regular combo).

Overall this combo was fun, certainly not one I would have chosen, but still fun.
Im happy I attended, even I felt very discomfort to drive the combo, until found smashmolth's setup from lfs.net/setups.

I think I learned much during race, and found exciting to think on the pit strategy. At some point of the race I noticed I was getting unsure about the strategy, and was interesting to notice the effect on lap times, while racing and calculating tyre and fuel consumptions in my mind.

I had one distraction during race, wich caused one spin, wich later caused tyre blow two corners before planned pitting on lap 30.

Was also happy to finish last, somebody needs to be the last one, I know not many likes that role, for me its the same, was just content nobody other needed to be last. All other were just pro racers compared to me Smile
It was a great race. Very fair and skilled drivers. I had much fun.
'NTR' means 'No Team Racing' Smile
5th RTFR XL info

A reminder - server will be password protected 1 hour before qualifying start to keep not knowing crowded server jumpers out of way,pass will be always the same: green

Some historic stats:
Last race won by: L.Paddewwa (2 in row)
Last Westhill race won by: AA™| Mikke (1st RTFR-XL - XFG @ WE National Rev)
Current rating leader: 322 Ł.Mikoda (+2 points)
Event rating and other statistics

Server is up and running: Ronys Tuesdays Fun Race (feel free to spam the Airio top table with your laptimes)
Attached images
RTFR-XL.jpg
hmm, interesting
Crap... I haven't seen this on time...
Im happy I managed to keep my vechile on track until finish, even Tubescreamer tried to finish my race already on first lap.
Never seriously driven FO8 or BF1 and this one felt really difficult. I was quite happy about my progressing. However, after watching replay and others driving, I realized I drove like my grandmother. So much to learn. Noticed in the replay that top drivers didnt use brake in T4 - awesome - I braked even in T1.
Westhill is very specific in this, it's fast and thus the racing line is VERY narrow in some corners, so if you make one bad move, you can go off or lose a lot of time. I like FO8, but i never managed to get some of the corners right, because it's simply too hard to learn. Maybe you will be more succesful.
5th RTFR XL results
Qualification:

Race:

Winner:

Race statistics / Event rating and other statistics (will be updated during the week)

* PENALTIES :
Migpha - receives 11.36 seconds penalty added to his finish time for minimum pit time violation.

- - - - - - - - - -

Better late than never - due real life stuff results are posted few days later. Ok,I admit - weather was quite nice,so I used it for few joyrides in my new car... Big grin Anyway - seems like this race was again one level higher in difficulty,which automatically reduces attendance a bit,reaching new lowest values,but at least the highest average speed has been beaten.

After 5 races RTFR-XL Winner's Club stays unchanged - L.Paddewwa won the 3rd race in row,beating Mikke's 2 in row record. Winner's achievements are now increased to 3 wins,3 fastest laps of the race and 3 top5 finishes,that moves him on top of the success ranking table. For the 2nd race in row 2nd place is taken by Spencer,which is his 4th top5 finish - unshared 1st place in this chart. The XL-newcomer Altsu did set the fastest lap in qualifying scoring also 1st pole position for Finland,but he was passed already in start straight and due various adventures he was able to bring home just 3rd position,finishing also last on lead lap. Camoradi scored his 2nd top5 finish by finishing 4th,but the organizer entered top5 for the first time in XL event by closing up the top5,upgrading his best position by 7 spots.

Besides being the fastest race in the currently short event history,this race had also other difference from others - if all 4 previous races featured 2 or 3 leaders,this was led by just 1 racer. What makes the fact a bit more fun - he did not start from pole position!

2nd place finisher did a 10.05s pitstop which included tyre change and refueling,since noone made a pitstop without work,Spencer is the clock pitter of the race.

Despite the penalty for pitstop being too short,Migpha still did not lose his finishing position and had the highest climb during the race starting 11th and finishing 7th. Also J.A. Katila had a +4 positions advance during race,but the one who finishes higher is also rated higher here.

* HONORABLE MENTION :
Between finishers only 2 finished the race with same tyres set as they started - Snoopy did 46 laps (over 260km) on same set of tyres,which is deffinitely worth to mention. And it was deffinitelly no eco-mode run as he finished just 1 position outside top5.

So we have again 4 weeks rest between the semi-endurance races,next combo is already decided - the faster of 2 LX cars in a wide Aston configuration featuring everything between tight hairpins and fast twisty sections - LX6 at Aston North (AS7). Since it was 3rd win for L.Paddewwa already,the new rule announced after last race kicks in - if the winning streak continues,the 2nd place finisher will be the one to pick next combo!

If the longer race rests,the shorter one keeps the schedule and comes up right next tuesday. More details in couple of days!
Attached images
q.png
r.png
pxl.jpg
s.png
I just have time to look at the forum and first, I sincerely sorry about my first lap incidents. For reality, I didn't even realize my internet connection problems until the half of the lap. At the quali and practice I didn't have any problem but dorm life Frown I won't attend any other race until I'll have a stable internet connection and again, I'm so sorry about my crashes.
6th RTFR XL info

A reminder - server will be password protected 1 hour before qualifying start to keep not knowing crowded server jumpers out of way,pass will be always the same: green

Some historic stats:
Last race won by: L.Paddewwa (3 in row)
Last Aston race won by: L.Paddewwa (4th RTFR-XL - XFR @ AS Cup Rev)
Current rating leader: [TC-R] Spencer (+12 points)

Server is up and running: Ronys Tuesdays Fun Race (feel free to spam the Airio top table with your laptimes)
Attached images
RTFR-XL.jpg
6th RTFR XL results
Qualification:

Race:

Winner:

* PENALTIES :
Upsas - receives 31.04 seconds penalty added to his finish time for minimum pit time violation.
[WCL] J.A.Katila - receives 11.21 seconds penalty added to his finish time for minimum pit time violation.

- - - - - - - - - -

6 races have been done,which means half of the RTFR-XL year is over. The latest race required decent skills to keep the car on track and car's rear wheels behind front ones - 13 drivers were ready for this challenge,unfortunatelly 2 less then previous lowest number. But understandable - in northern hemisphere summer is taking over many simracers' minds,let's hope few more will be ready to trade sunny weather for hot track action in 4 weeks.

Some might admit - it's starting to get boring if the same driver wins all the time,but it's still a great challenge for everyone - for the winner to keep winning and for everyone else - stop the streak in favour for himself. Currently L.Paddewwa's streak is still alive and reaches 4 wins in row,he also added 3rd pole position,4th fastest lap and 4th top5 finish to his stats. 18.08 seconds gap is the 3rd biggest margin of victory,but lowest in last 3 races - Pete finished 2nd improving his best finish by 2 positions in his 2nd appearance in RTFR-XL top5,his teammate Spencer collected already 5th top5 finish in 6 races by finishing 3rd. Camoradi finished 4th again,3rd top5 finish for him - and that also in row,but first time participant Dzidoris completed the top5.

In normal RTFR it took 45 races to have someone having 4 back-to-back wins,in the longer version we needed just 6 races. Of course it might had to do something with the "winner choses next combo" fact,but let's see how things will change in future where the choise lock kicks in.

Again a race where everyone did a pitwork in their pitstops (except the one who stopped just for a second and earned penalty),so the mention goes again for the driver with simply shortest pitstop - this time they are 3 - all TC affiliation drivers Spencer,Pete and Adam stopped for 10.12 seconds filling just fuel.

It is the easiest way to gain positions when starting from rear - again the mention goes to a wild card starter,this time is Adam,who started 11th and finished 7th,gaining 4 positions.

* HONORABLE MENTION :
It looked like very likely 3rd position finish for him,but some troubles hit him - first he earned penalty for pitstop beeing too short (lack of rule knowledge suspected) and at the end of race he run also out of fuel - even with penalty top5 finish was possible,but miscalculation threw him down to 8th position in final results - a tough ending of possible good race for first time participant Upsas.

4 weeks break until next XL race again,the selected combo for it is FBM @ FE Gold (FE3) - a 2nd single seater race of RTFR-XL,while Fern Bay will be visited for the first time. But between now and then there will be another 2 normal RTFR races,next one already next tuesday,info will be posted in the weekend as usually.
Attached images
q.png
r.png
pxl.jpg
s.png
7th RTFR XL info

Some historic stats:
Last race won by: L.Paddewwa (4 in row)
Current rating leader: [TC-R] Spencer (+11 points)

Attached images
RTFR-XL.jpg
Bloody hell! I totally forgot this one... Face -> palm
7th RTFR XL results
Qualification:

Race:

Winner:

- - - - - - - - - -

Sort of easier car to race was picked for this race,unfortunatelly it wasn't reason enough for many to join the race. Well,track was tricky as you barely had any time to relax - one concentration lapse and the trackside barriers will attack you. A total of 8 drivers took part yesterday,one of them retired early,rest kept themselves in race until the chequered flag.

The defending winner did not attend,so the streak is over. Will a new one start? We will see after next race if Y.Laprevotte will be able to make 2 in row - yesterday he dominated the whole event by setting the fastest lap in both sessions and crossing the finish line of every single lap as a leader,last few of them - a whole lap ahead of 2nd place. Best of the rest was Rony,who dispite early pit and late tyre failure finished 2nd,2nd visit in top5 for him. 3rd was the only driver,who finished the race on same set of tyres he started - J.A.Katila,best finish result for him now improved from 8th to 3rd,4th was his teammate T.Soini,who spent the most of the race in 2nd and was on course to keep the position until one of his tyres didn't want to keep racing,also 5 positions improvement for his best finish position. The top5 was closed by Kurkku,who finished the RTFR-XL for the first time.

Again we will have a comparision between both event versions as the fun fact - in RTFR the biggest margin of victory is also the only race where winner lapped the whole field and margin was calculated (10th RTFR - 90.09s). Guess who finished 2nd back then? Yes,the same racer who finished 2nd yesterday. This biggest margin of victory in RTFR is still a record for 6 years,let's see how long the new one survives - the calculated time distance is 83.34 seconds.

J.A.Katila stopped for 10.16 seconds and just refilled the fuel - shortest pit time of all yesterday,earning him this mention.

Not only shortest pit time,but also most positions (3) gained between start and finish - quite a productive evening for J.A.Katila.

* HONORABLE MENTION :
We don't get many visitors from Asia,so it's almost a plesant surprise to see racer from India joining RTFR-XL - Redbot qualified 5th and was able to climb up to 3rd early in race,but few mistakes sent his race south and he finished 6th. Still a valuable experience for sure,especially how to keep yourself awake an hour or two after midnight local time.

Summer is here and also events take a vacation - this means 6 weeks instead normal 4 weeks between this and 8th RTFR-XL,next race will take place in august 22nd. The combo is still undecided - Y.Laprevotte still has time until next week to send his choise via PM here in lfs.net! But next week the normal RTFR will keep the racing alive,details for the race in the weekend!
Attached images
q.png
r.png
pxl.jpg
s.png
8th RTFR XL info

Some historic stats:
Last race won by: TEM/Y.Laprevotte
Last Blackwood race won by: AA™| Mikke (2nd RTFR-XL - FXO @ BL GP Track)

Attached images
RTFR-XL.jpg
Anyone up for some (test) racing tonight?
8th RTFR XL results
Qualification:

Race:

Winner:

- - - - - - - - - -

RTFR-XL returned after slightly extended break with the classic combo of FZR at Blackwood GP Track - and look at that,there's still some decent activity left as a total of 18 drivers qualified for the race,which is practically average for the event. But the average of finished drivers did drop a little due the combo as some could not cope with the 490 horsepower GTR machine for whole race distance.

After last race there was a question if a new streak will start - the answer is now "yes". Y.Laprevotte lost the battle for pole position to already-double-winner Mikke (2nd pole position for him),but took the lead right before turn one and temporary gave it up after his mandatory pitstop to regain it 7 laps later. In his 3rd race he has now his 2nd race win,2nd fastest lap of the race and also 2nd top5 finish. R.Kardol was the only other driver to lead the race,but in total he had to concede to winner,allthough he still tried to steal the fastest lap,he improved by 6 both his previous best positions in his 3rd race - he was 3rd in qualifying and 2nd in race. There was another driver who tried to take the fastest lap,A.Rozītis was even closer to do so and in the final stages of the race closed up to 2nd place,but run out of laps,3rd position in finish for the first time participant. Rony had rather stable and trouble free race and finished 4th,which is 3rd top5 finish for him,Camoradi closed up the top5 earning 4th top5 finish - just one less then the best mark of this category.

Again we don't have a single race winner - RTFR-XL has 3 race winners,all of them with at least 2 wins,all of them have earned their wins in streak,let's see how long will this streak continue,who will be the next winner and if he/she will be able to make a streak too!

Changed front right tyre,splashed fuel for few remaining laps and waited for 10 seconds to expire - this is the description of the shortest pitstop of this race,done by your's truely. 10.22 seconds is the time value for the shortest pitstop of the race,everyone else had them at least 14 seconds long.

K.Gaspuitis qualified 13th and was able to gain a total of 7 positions to finish 6th (last of them after a fight with previous field rusher) - he is the field rusher of 8th RTFR-XL.

* HONORABLE MENTION :
Seems like it was an aim for top 5 finish for Three Jump,but failed pitlane entry and another mistake few laps later forced him to pit once again for car repairs,sending him down the order to 8th position in the finish. But still worth to mention as the pace for top5 was there - he set the 5th fastest lap of the race.

Normal 4 weeks break now again as the event will return in 19th september for it's 9th edition - combo is still to be decided,the winner has time to think it over until next tuesday. If the combo is known,it will be posted in forum's calendar together with estimated distance. But already next week RTFR will return to normal 30+ minutes racing,combo to be announced in the weekend,stay tuned!
Attached images
q.png
r.png
pxl.jpg
s.png
9th RTFR XL info

Important note: Rockingham as only track in LFS uses a different pitlane speed limit - 65 km/h / 40 mph!

Some historic stats:
Last race won by: TEM/Y.Laprevotte (2 in row)
Last LX4 race won by: 322 L.Paddewwa (3rd RTFR - SO City Long Rev.)
Last Rockingham race won by: 1st RTFR-XL race at Rockingham

Attached images
RTFR-XL.jpg
:-/
LX4 @RO1 <3 so nice combo, I try to organize time for me there, so I can do my LFS comeback from 100++ offline days wuhuuu Ya right

BTW are you Rony going to use any layout that would contain better braking point signs?

Rony's Tuesday's Fun Race - Extra Large (thread of 1st-36th / 2017-2019)
(278 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG