The online racing simulator
I choose bc Frown
What a race. So much expectations in advance bcs I was confident about my pace (IK may sound like a joke). And so much frustration by all (own) mistakes one can ever done during an event.

Let's start with the quali. Came into quali excited, and did several laps wondering where is my pace. After quali I realize I was running wrong setup.

Nevermind, I thought at least I will be competitive in the race. Nice start to the race and I decide to make "King pit strategy" = early stop.

I rush into the pits excited, and instead of putting neutral gear, I put reverse gear. After refueling drifts backward instead of waiting for the mandatory 10 sec and I am like "wtf" and try to get rid of the pits quickly, understanding I have messed it all up, once again.

I exit to the track and realize my clutch has been heated up to 38% and the car doesn't like to speed up very well Big grin I somehow manage to cruise along the track and at the end of the lap I begin to recover my normal pace, clutch being cooled to 20%.

Nah, the race was young, some three lap or smthing behind, I think I begin a massive recover now. Was it next lap or smthing, I have problems to concentrate on my driving, instead Im reading what guys are talking in chat -> mischange in gears and 0.74% engine damage. "Fk" i was in my mind, almost spectating but then decided to suffer my own stupidity wishing I will learn better that way.

Somehow I didnt so bad so far, or was it just the unluck of other drivers, but in some point I found myself in a very nice battle with Mandula, and we fought several laps until...of course I flipped my vechile. Did a full roll back on wheels and I was almost done.

Decided to continue since I wasnt last. Somebody else had also bad day, since I found myself battling with UM21. Again too excited, I was divebombing both of us off track, but decided to kiss the nearest wall and save UM21 from additional unlucky moments.

In this situation I was enjoying the race in totally different perspective that what it was in the start. Surprisingly the engine damage didn't affect dramatically my pace, I think maybe at max 1sec per lap, or, how can I know..

The last laps were still entertaining and fun, great chase and drive from Kid, who managed to pass me although I was sure I will keep him behind.

So, long story from frustration and disappointment - what else one can do but try to transform the negative into positive. After all I was pleased I had patience to finish the race. Thanks to everyone who was sharing the fun Big grin

Quote from MandulAA :If you didn't make it and still want to be part of it, check out my poor driving live:

(youtube)

Hey mate nice!! If I knew that in advance, I wouldn't had flip my car Face -> palm, instead I would have given my 110% to pass you, believe? Razz Taped Shut
Mandula I am curious what hardware you have and what internet connection...I would love also to stream races, but not sure if it would just turn into lag festival...
Quote from lucaf :What a race. So much expectations in advance bcs I was confident about my pace (IK may sound like a joke). And so much frustration by all (own) mistakes one can ever done during an event.

Let's start with the quali. Came into quali excited, and did several laps wondering where is my pace. After quali I realize I was running wrong setup.

Nevermind, I thought at least I will be competitive in the race. Nice start to the race and I decide to make "King pit strategy" = early stop.

I rush into the pits excited, and instead of putting neutral gear, I put reverse gear. After refueling drifts backward instead of waiting for the mandatory 10 sec and I am like "wtf" and try to get rid of the pits quickly, understanding I have messed it all up, once again.

I exit to the track and realize my clutch has been heated up to 38% and the car doesn't like to speed up very well Big grin I somehow manage to cruise along the track and at the end of the lap I begin to recover my normal pace, clutch being cooled to 20%.

Nah, the race was young, some three lap or smthing behind, I think I begin a massive recover now. Was it next lap or smthing, I have problems to concentrate on my driving, instead Im reading what guys are talking in chat -> mischange in gears and 0.74% engine damage. "Fk" i was in my mind, almost spectating but then decided to suffer my own stupidity wishing I will learn better that way.

Somehow I didnt so bad so far, or was it just the unluck of other drivers, but in some point I found myself in a very nice battle with Mandula, and we fought several laps until...of course I flipped my vechile. Did a full roll back on wheels and I was almost done.

Decided to continue since I wasnt last. Somebody else had also bad day, since I found myself battling with UM21. Again too excited, I was divebombing both of us off track, but decided to kiss the nearest wall and save UM21 from additional unlucky moments.

In this situation I was enjoying the race in totally different perspective that what it was in the start. Surprisingly the engine damage didn't affect dramatically my pace, I think maybe at max 1sec per lap, or, how can I know..

The last laps were still entertaining and fun, great chase and drive from Kid, who managed to pass me although I was sure I will keep him behind.

So, long story from frustration and disappointment - what else one can do but try to transform the negative into positive. After all I was pleased I had patience to finish the race. Thanks to everyone who was sharing the fun Big grin

What a detailed story!!! +rep

But I don't recall I had a bad day. The bad day was on Sunday lol.
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :
But I don't recall I had a bad day. The bad day was on Sunday lol.

Ah yes mate, IK, was spectating that race and felt sorry about your destiny Ya right. But that's another story.
Pfffft! That Jack Daniels car had obviously been sampling the promo samples... either that or his downshift button randomly chose between normal, double downshifts or nothing at all.

Awesome race all around despite mechanical issues, was great fun watching all the battles. Too much fun in fact, I missed a turn-in watching Luca and Mandula fighting in my mirrors Big grin
lucaf: And i was wondering where you started to lose the 30s gap you had on me! Big grin

I was obviously without expectations, but the quali went above anything, as i changed set from the one i ran in FM race on Thursday and it was better in every aspect (except for turn-in). So in the race the usual happens and i cannot get up to the pace for a few laps, until on the 5th lap one of the WCL guys crashes in green chicane, throws around the tyres and i run into one and crash into him sideways. So i pit to fix damage, which means approx. 30s loss. Suddenly, car is different and i start posting miraculous laps and the gap to cars in front is shrinking, as i see them battling. I was almost without doubt i'll catch up, which happened. I thought lucaf will be easy prey, but suddenly he picked up speed and i had to do my best, including the pass, which took few turns and whole historic straight. After a long time it was a race, where i was competitive and not just a cruising backmarker, so yeah! Good one. Smile
If I knew UM21 flips his car before finish, I wouldnt mind to divebomb him Big grin

Ah, was full of challenges this one, watched the replay Smile That one damn kerb in turn 13 (turn 7 in Green layout) was fatal for UM21 and Katila and who else? I flipped also there but rolled back on wheels Big grin

Maybe would be good idea to put additional stuff - layout objects there that you don't cut it so much (and flip).

I was little bit surprised that so few people really prepared their suspensions for surviving the bump fun.
Quote from lucaf :If I knew UM21 flips his car before finish, I wouldnt mind to divebomb him Big grin

Ah, was full of challenges this one, watched the replay Smile That one damn kerb in turn 13 (turn 7 in Green layout) was fatal for UM21 and Katila and who else? I flipped also there but rolled back on wheels Big grin

Maybe would be good idea to put additional stuff - layout objects there that you don't cut it so much (and flip).

I was little bit surprised that so few people really prepared their suspensions for surviving the bump fun.

no! Big grin
No +1, gotta have some risk to cutting Smile Besides, there's something special about following UM through corners where he'll flip it up and keep it on two wheels for half the straight Big grin
Yes, that was hilarious. Unlike lucaf's story which made me hurt tiny bit inside.
(bit off, but wanted to answer Smile )
Quote from lucaf :Mandula I am curious what hardware you have and what internet connection...I would love also to stream races, but not sure if it would just turn into lag festival...

To be honest, my hardware is nowhere near ideal. I'm playing on and streaming from a Lenovo IdeaPad Y500 with an i5-3210M and two GeForce GT 650M's in SLI. As you can see, the stream is stuttering from time to time, so this config isn't meant for streaming, only for light gaming like LFS (and only gaming). My internet connection is roughly 12 Mbits down and 7 Mbits up, and seems like the 7 Mbit upload is enough for streaming 1280x720. At the same time, my ping in LFS didn't go up too much either (at least by checking my ping during the race ... I'm sure it must be a bit different to race against me while I'm streaming). Hope this helps, also, go for it, it would be great to see more LFS livestreams. Smile Fire up OBS Studio, tweak it a little and you are ready to go!
Quote from MandulAA :
To be honest, my hardware is nowhere near ideal.

Ok I noticed Lazy telling your GPU was working 100% near all time Smile Interesting to hear your connection and that streaming didnt ruin your ping.

Here is my crappy recording containing first two laps
13th RTFR XL results
Qualification:

Race:

Winner:

Race statistics / Event rating and other statistics (will be updated during the week)

* PENALTIES :
9397 - receives 8.81 seconds penalty added to his finish time for minimum pit time violation.

- - - - - - - - - -

It's the 2nd year of the XL version and what car do we start year with? Yes,the same one we started the 1st year - "the peoples car" XFG. This time track was chosen by previous winner (unlike 1st RTFR XL,which was chosen by organisation) and some didn't like it too much. But that's the spirit here - don't like the combo? Win a race and pick a better one!

The tradition of previous winner not attending was kept alive,meaning no streaks again - only two previous winners attended,but we have a new winner - Lukas Bohm Rosenbauer. He started previous race from 4th position,but did not finish,this time he took over the lead,gave it up for pitstop phase and retook it to celebrate the victory in his 1st finish in RTFR XL. R.Kardol was 2nd fastest from all the finishers and took 2nd place finish,which is his 4th top5 finish (tied 2nd most),Arska finished 3rd,repeating his best finish position set in previous race,2nd top5 finish for him. 4th position for Three Jump - best of his 2 finishes here,the other one was 8th position. And top5 was closed by Nick - 2nd entry in top5 for him. While one previous winner finished 2nd,the other one could actually win the race - Fast took his 2nd pole position (2nd most now) and also set his 2nd fastest lap during his race (tied 2nd most),but he just gave up after 1/3 of the race.

* FUN FACT OF THE MONTH :
This was the 4th race with 3 different race leaders,but the 1st with all 3 leaders leading roughly 1/3 of the race.

* CLOCK PITTER OF THE RACE :
Three Jump stopped for 10.41s without any pitwork - he is the clockpitter of the race. Allthough there were 2 faster pitters - they both refilled some fuel.

* FIELD RUSHER OF THE RACE :
A total of 11 positions gained during the race,still one shy from top5 - Mandula is the highest climber in 13th RTFR XL.

* HONORABLE MENTION :
This time the honorable mention goes to all the drivers who rolled the car during race and did not quit - some of them limping the reshaped car for half of the race. With Fern Bay's do-or-die chicanes it's difficult to have a clean 75 minute race,without the dedication we would have somewhat shorter finishers list.

Next in the schedule is the postponed RTFR race featuring XFR in Kyoto oval - info will be reposted today,then 2 weeks later another RTFR race. But in 4 weeks the XL version returns with some single seater action and the winner has already picked the next combo - FBM at Aston National (AS3). Relatively easy car in relatively easy track - this has to be good attended! And for those who wants something difficult - next week the 3rd round of 2018 AWS offers some public roads racing in Westhill - signups still open to join the season.
Attached images
q.png
pxl.jpg
s.png
r.png
14th RTFR XL info

A reminder - server will be password protected 1 hour before qualifying start to keep not knowing crowded server jumpers out of way,pass will be always the same: green

Pitting rules:

Race requires a minimum time spent in pitstall of 10 seconds. That can be done either with single pitstop or sum of multiple pitstops. Driver who has spent less time will receive penalty time added to his finish time,which will be calculated by tripling the missing time to complete neccesary minimum time and adding additional 5 seconds. Drivers failing to pit at all will receive 1 minute penalty added to finish time (10s*3 + additional 30s).

Some historic stats:
Last race won by: Lukas Bohm Rosenbauer
Last FBM race won by: TEM/Y.Laprevotte (7th RTFR XL - FE Gold)
Last Aston race won by: [SR] sermilan (12th RTFR XL - FOX @ AS Historic)
Most Aston race wins: L.Paddewwa - 2 wins
Current rating leader: RGˆRony (+26 points)
Event rating and other statistics

Server is up and running: Ronys Tuesdays Fun Race (feel free to spam the Airio top table with your laptimes)
Attached images
RTFR-XL.jpg
14th RTFR XL results
Qualification:

Race:

Winner:

Race statistics / Event rating and other statistics (will be updated during the week)

At some point the picked combo for this race seemed like a good idea - relatively easy car in relatively easy track,should be a crowdpleaser. Nope - easy² was considered too boring. Well,you can't please everyone. But at least the negative tradition of combo picker not attending was ended - mr. Rosenbauer is the hero of the month!

The event still gathered up few formula car fanatics,the best of them in qualifying was Altsu,who set the fastest lap late in the session,where top4 pilots were within 1/10 of a second. With this Altsu earned his 2nd pole position and unlike in previous try in the race he was able to convert it into race win,taking also the fastest lap of the race and 3rd top5 finish. Altsu is now the 9th member of RTFR XL winners club. Defending race winner Lukas Bohm Rosenbauer finished 2nd just 5.27 seconds behind winner,making this race to have the closest finish in the RTFR XL history,2 top5 finishes for the runner up. Podium was completed by defending FBM race winner Y.Laprevotte,3rd top5 finish for him. 4th was Rony,which was the chart leading 6th top5 finish,5th - Three Jump,who finished in top5 for 2nd time.

The race distance is calculated simply by dividing 75 minutes with best possible laptime (world record or test phase table leading time at custom tracks). Due pitstop,start and the fact that you can't keep close to fastest time for whole race,all the races are somewhat longer than nominated 75 minutes,longest being 10th RTFR XL with 79 and a half minutes. The race this week was actually 2nd shortest and it was just 2 seconds longer than previous race - can we make 3 in row being so close to 75 minutes?

Only one driver was true clock pitter in this race - T.Soini stopped for 10.42 seconds work free pitstop and earned the mention. There were few faster pitstops though - fastest one by Rony was 10.22s.

There wasn't much passing in this race,even the track with long straights offered possibility for drafting passes. None of the top5 finishers even made a relative position (only gain was due retirement of other driver),but still someone made 4 positions climb between green and chequered - Redbot,who advanced from 10th to 6th.

* HONORABLE MENTION :
2 laps after his pitstop Lukas Bohm Rosenbauer made a mistake in turn 1,which made his 1st split about 7 seconds slower than his best split. Considering the margin of victory being over second smaller than that,we can exactly see where the possibility for 2 wins in row was destroyed.

Next tuesday normal RTFR takes over with one of the racing cars,but next RTFR XL will return 4 weeks after this one as usually and the combo has already been selected - it will be 2nd usage of FZR and also 2nd usage of Westhill International,the combination will be 1st though. Also in the 2nd sunday from now AWS action will start getting hot - Jamaican Trophy will offer rallycross race in Fern Bay using RB4,with 2 rounds to go,this will be the final chance for new drivers to join the 2018 AWS!
Attached images
q.png
r.png
pxl.jpg
s.png
15th RTFR XL info

A reminder - server will be password protected 1 hour before qualifying start to keep not knowing crowded server jumpers out of way,pass will be always the same: green

Pitting rules:

Race requires a minimum time spent in pitstall of 10 seconds. That can be done either with single pitstop or sum of multiple pitstops. Driver who has spent less time will receive penalty time added to his finish time,which will be calculated by tripling the missing time to complete neccesary minimum time and adding additional 5 seconds. Drivers failing to pit at all will receive 1 minute penalty added to finish time (10s*3 + additional 30s).

Some historic stats:
Last race won by: Teho | Altsu (2 in row for Finland)
Last FZR race won by: TEM/Y.Laprevotte (8th RTFR XL - BL GP)
Last Westhill race won by: L.Paddewwa (5th RTFR XL - FO8 @ WE International)
Most Westhill race wins: 2 races,2 different winners (Poland - 1 win)
Current rating leader: RGˆRony (+29 points)

Server is up and running: Ronys Tuesdays Fun Race (feel free to spam the Airio top table with your laptimes)
Attached images
RTFR-XL.jpg
LFS FZR powerrrr!
remember guys quali 20min in XL events, don't join late Wink
Sorry for leaving early... I usually don't do that. I was running ridiculously high wings and was having no fun :/
15th RTFR XL results
Qualification:

Race:

Winner:

* PENALTIES :
9397 - receives 8.03 seconds penalty added to his finish time for minimum pit time violation.

- - - - - - - - - -

It was the 2nd race using FZR and at least in one statistic it was better than previous - finishing rate. 14 drivers started and 12 of them reached at least half of the distance to be counted finished. Also we have 8th different winner in last 8 races - seems like noone can repeat their success here,even with being able to pick next combo,let's see if the trend continues and with it the growth of RTFR XL Winners Club.

So who was the new winner? His nickname is Ripe and he represents LLM team,that's all we officially can see as he has hidden his online stats - the first time participant led 12 laps during the first half of the race before he pitted and also the final 2 laps. According to info in chat L.Kovács,who led the race in later stage,miscalculated the fuel needs and had to save it heavily during final few laps,which costed the relatively secure win chances,at the end it was still his best finish in RTFR XL and 2nd top5 finish,while he also set his 1st fastest lap of the race. 3rd and last within 1 minute of the winner was Rony,who also led his share of laps early in race due different strategy,7th top5 finish for him. Best of the rest was Three Jump,who finished 4th,repeated best finish and 3rd top5 for him,5th was T.Soini,also collecting 3rd top5 finish. What is still missing in the sum up is the polesitter - Altsu was the fastest in qualifying and took his 3rd pole position,tying L.Paddewwa and Mikke for most of them.

With 4 leaders and 9 official lead changes it was the most variable race in terms of leaders. Previous most 3 leaders per race was repeated 4 times. Still this race had just 5th closest finish.

It was impossible to finish full distance with single tank of fuel,so pitwork was needed. This is why Redbot is the Clock Pitter of the Race as his pitstop was 10.28 seconds long,where he just refuelled the car.

A total of 3 drivers were able to gain 4 positions during the race,the best is the one who finished highest - L.Kovács started 6th and finished 2nd,could have been +5 though. J.A.Katila and D-Sis were the other two advancing 4 positions.

* HONORABLE MENTION :
He was leading 12 laps and would have led the remaining laps too,but Altsu retired race complaining about his wheelset being undrivable,at the end he was classified 12th,missing just 9 laps to the glory.

Normal RTFR will be back next tuesday,while next RTFR XL will be run in 4 weeks. Combo is already decided - we will have another single seater race,3rd in 5 races. This time FOX will be run in the longest standart configuration of Kyoto - GP Long.
Attached images
q.png
r.png
pxl.jpg
s.png
I lead wrong tables but that is the price of lack of gtr experience. Sorry everybody I put in danger.
After a morning practice I improved my pb by a second or so.
That was great learning session. My 2nd FZR event. WE2 is fantastic track for that car. Unfortunately I got distracted twice and both times end off track (ah, 3rd distraction happened...in the pits). First half of the race was exciting try to catch Redbot while Snoopy was catching me.

I made TV Director cams for WE2, tomorrow maybe record the race and some day I hopefully have the patience to upload it with wireless internet.

Quote from jackson93 :I lead wrong tables but that is the price of lack of gtr experience. Sorry everybody I put in danger.
After a morning practice I improved my pb by a second or so.

You improved great during the race!

edit:

#camfile we2
Attached files
WE2.rar - 427 B - 387 views
16th RTFR XL info

Pitting rules:

Some historic stats:
Last race won by: LLM Ripe
Last FOX race won by: [SR] sermilan (12th RTFR XL - AS Historic)
Last Kyoto Ring race won by: R. Kardol (11th RTFR XL - UF1 @ KY National)
Current rating leader: RGˆRony (+30 points)

Attached images
RTFR-XL.jpg
Quote from Eclipsed :Last FOX race won by: [SR] sermilan (12th RTFR XL - AS Historic)
Last Kyoto Ring race won by: R. Kardol (12th RTFR XL - UF1 @ KY National)

Attached images
ada.jpg
I liked the combo, and after a crash I had the time to see how different my line was.
Before the race I was sure I can finish after that FZR performance. Well, damages were too serious. (and I didn't know you can rejoin)

Thanks for organising.

Rony's Tuesday's Fun Race - Extra Large (thread of 1st-36th / 2017-2019)
(278 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG