The online racing simulator
Rfactor vs LFS
(1872 posts, started )
Well I just downloaded and installed rf2 yesterday and I'm getting 130fps driving alone in the civic. I did turn some graphics down. Not feeling anything what the car is doing but there are also lots of stuff I need to turn off. Like when I rev the engine the whole car/view starts to shake. Lmao. Such bizarre.

My specs are i5 4440 and ati 6950.
Wow, so these awfull graphics are that demanding? I run AC and iRacing perfectly fine on almost everything maxed.
Good job rFactor lol.

Thanks people, will try with everything on low.
Managed to get it working with pretty much everything on low, looks like Outrun, not that different when maxed out.
Some awfully wierd Silverstone International layout, i was making the wrong turn three times in a row, until i realised where the AI is going, does this layout even exists?

Also while downshifting it goes from 5th to 1st immediatelly for some reason, destroying my engine offcourse..
What a piece of software lol.
I have no idea boris what you are doing on your computer. You seem to be able to create or find the most unusual and crazy problems with every game you (try to) install on your pc. Some of the big pc gaming companies should hire you to just install and play their games and find those bizarre problems only 1% of all people in the world encounter with their games.

If such natural ability to either find those bizarre problems or be able to create them exists you definitely have it. Or some big QA firm could probably just give a room full of computers to you and every monday morning you go there and install some piece of software and then take the rest of the week off while the techies try to figure out what just happened. I'm not even being mean one single bit. You clearly have some supernatural ability when it comes to creating bizarre problems with computer games.

-
Anyways I finally figured out why I'm not getting any feedback in rf2. Not feeling anything what the car is doing. It is because for some bizarre reason I'm not getting any visual body roll in corners. The cars just don't roll in the corners. I'm not saying I can't roll them over but its like the suspensions are... static. But it's not that, it is just odd... Maybe I have created my own boris situation here...

Anyways2 if someone who plays rf2 calls ac arcade to me it would sound just odd. I just did a 9 lap race in the wet in the roadster thingy in loch drummond and I did not spin even once. I could even go as far as to say I was not able to spin even once. I had many slips and slides and most of the time I did not even need to countersteer properly because the ffb saved me. I don't really know what makes ffb good but in rf2 the ffb "feels" really communicative and helpful and for the most part is really good at telling what the fronts are doing. Even with not feeling what the car is doing (from the visuals on the monitor) spinning out rarely happens and there is definitely no icy spins with the cars I've tried. Even with the 370z nissan I was almost drifting out of corners. Something that has only felt kinda natural in ac with the gt cars.

Obviously the sounds are some of the worst I've heard in a long time (all the sounds are kinda mushy and muffled) and the game looks like a used dog dinner (but runs well) but who cares about graphics when you have rain and what looks/drives like a decent dynamic road surface?
Quote from Hyperactive :I have no idea boris what you are doing on your computer. You seem to be able to create or find the most unusual and crazy problems with every game you (try to) install on your pc. Some of the big pc gaming companies should hire you to just install and play their games and find those bizarre problems only 1% of all people in the world encounter with their games.

If such natural ability to either find those bizarre problems or be able to create them exists you definitely have it. Or some big QA firm could probably just give a room full of computers to you and every monday morning you go there and install some piece of software and then take the rest of the week off while the techies try to figure out what just happened.

Hahah, well, i am a QA for a living

Honesly have no idea, it runs now on low-ish settings, but i still get downshifts immediatelly to 1st gear, checked the settings, downshift button is only setup for, well, a downshift..

And i can't believe the sounds are still literally ON/OFF, like play/pauuse for an MP3 file..
Never had problems you described here. About body roll: I dunno man, but the Civic felt like it has tons of body roll around the track in every turn, especially Lime Rock. I can even feel the Formula Renault having a bit of body roll, which might sound odd.
You guys are doing it wrong lol!! Wth did you manage to mess up and everything is has problem.
Rf1 and rf2 have deffinetly the potential to produce one of the most bad ass sounds in any simracing game.(take example Enduracers)
rFactor 1 is a bit of pain in the ass to set i know that and the good mods are only good with realfeel plugin(if you guys know what this is)
I can list you the better mods if anyone want to give it a go.
This has a lot more developement in mods this is why some are veru high level in terms of physics and sounds.
Even some amateur mods that i know are bad ass.

As for rfactor 2 that is still not used from many modders is already up to pace and in some cases better. This time ISI own car are also very good compare to the stock crappy cars that rf1 had.
Quote from tristancliffe :I played rF the other day (I wanted to try something on the Silverstone National circuit, and I don't have any other 'sim' with that config). My god it's bad. The sounds and graphics have dated (fair enough), but the physics are laughable. Over the years I did try some of the apparently good mods, any whilst they sort of managed to get around the worst of the physics engine deficiencies (probably by some other means than realistic inputs), they were still fatally flawed.

I guess it's okay as a simulator if you never ask it to simulate cars on a track. That seems to be the one thing it can't actually do.

Maybe it's a bit off topic, but have you ever tried Game Stock Car (GSC Extreme in its newest incarnation)? I'd love to hear your opinion on that.

Cheers
Game Stock Car Extreme is diffidently one of the best "out of the box" sims that doesnt need fiddling around to get right.
Awesome sounds,(DAT V12 F1... ) way better graphics and Niels and Reiza studios did a very fine job on physics ,gmotor(1) engine at its finest i say...
The suspension seems to be softer than the real showroom stock car.
Some of those 0-countersteer 4-wheel drifts looked strange, can't recall them happening with that same car in RF1, atleast to that level.
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
Sry for bump, but... Tilt

After many years since I tried this sim, yesterday I installed rFactor v1255g. I set all of the necessary addons, few plugins... I tried the latest versions of some cars and tracks, and few mods...

After some testing, I realized that this is my favorites:

- DRM REVIVAL v2.0b
- Historic GT & Touring Cars v1.96 by HistorX

- Laguna Seca v1.20 by Com8

Damn, perfect experience!

rF incredibly good-looking for his age...

I have always been against rFactor and mods (LFS fan), after this, I have nothing to say...
There is a better feeling while driving than in LFS. We really need a new tire physics.

rF have advanced the FFB and steering from the time when I tried this simulation. I have no objections for these two mods, especially for HistorX.

EDIT:
Currently, my rF folder is 28 GB...
I tried this car a few hours ago. Relaxing after group 5 monsters. Smile

Perfect sense of the car/steering (all cars/both mods).
Attached images
Screenshot_2017-04-28-03-33-20.png
Screenshot_2017-04-28-03-33-11.png
Screenshot_2017-04-28-03-33-39.png
Screenshot_2017-04-28-03-33-32.png
Screenshot_2017-04-28-03-33-16.png
Just like you.
5/7 am confused.
Nothing wrong with mods. The drifting scene in rF used them everywhere and the fun competitions and daily drifting you could enjoy was epok. Same with AC, mods just make it so much better.
RF2 gets DX11 upgrade in about 48 hours. With help of a Dutch company by the way. Hiring people can make progress.

Damn that looks impressive!
Studio 397 (who have done stuff for automobilista) bought rf2 and the engine+sourcecode from ISI and are now developing it as their own sim. Some isi guys now do work for rf2 but 397 tells them what to do. One of the changes 397 has already made is to get rid of the online fees so everyone who owns rf2 can play online for free.

Rfactor vs LFS
(1872 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG