The online racing simulator
Custom Layouts in LFS Demo?
(16 posts, started )
Hey so a lot of people are playing LFS demo and the major issue is that we cannot edit layouts in it. Yeah I know that devs do live from earning money by LFS but its kinda stupid that devs don't care about people that don't buy the game. If this was a thing it would be amazing. So please add this!
Da **** did I read?

The demo is available so people can try the game, to be sure they like the physics, the online, etc.

By your post I see that you like the game, and you know the features you are missing... you even know the solution.

Users that are not going to ever pay for a game (LFS or any other) are not a priority for anyone.
You get what you pay... nothing... NOTHING comes free in this world. ( Even demo in LFS or even able to post a reply isn't free either, in technical speaking )
Quote :but its kinda stupid that devs don't care about people that don't buy the game

Why should they care? Buying a license gives you access to more content that is a privilege for those who pay for these Sx licenses. Giving Demo some of this privilege (custom layouts in this case) will make licensed users feel less supported, as you are taking away a licensed content to put it into Demo.

Whats next? VWS for Demo?. I'd either suggest to switch/add the UF1 to demo.

You are lucky Demo isn't time-limited or days-limited. You can even go on Multiplayer on it, pls...
Quote from Fowraw :Hey so a lot of people are playing LFS demo and the major issue is that we cannot edit layouts in it. Yeah I know that devs do live from earning money by LFS but its kinda stupid that devs don't care about people that don't buy the game. If this was a thing it would be amazing. So please add this!

Demo is a product of LFS meant (intend was to) for users to test out the game, it's multiplayer, physics, content. After, you should buy licence. Demo wasn't meant to be a long-lasting version of the game to stay with, so I don't see that the point is valid.

According to people, lol
Quote from Fowraw :Hey so a lot of people are playing LFS demo and the major issue is that we cannot edit layouts in it. Yeah I know that devs do live from earning money by LFS but its kinda stupid that devs don't care about people that don't buy the game. If this was a thing it would be amazing. So please add this!

'Supply and demand' is the first lesson in sales and marketing.
  • Create demand by withholding supply.
  • Charge for supply.
  • Make money.
The reason they don't give away the layout ability for free is that it is so good, people are willing to pay for it.

Don't equate 'caring' with 'giving you stuff'. It will only lead to disappointment when you find yourself out in the real world.
#7 - lucaf
"would be amazing" (but don't even think about I would donate 6€ for an amazing thing) lol, this was hilarious.
Yes I know that the demo is just for testing the game but for people that do play demo there's only one track which layouts cannot be edited(not trying to be greedy with how many tracks demo has or something). Its just my opinion to give people in demo to have more fun!
read your own post again Smile
Quote from Fowraw :Yes I know that the demo is just for testing the game but for people that do play demo there's only one track which layouts cannot be edited(not trying to be greedy with how many tracks demo has or something). Its just my opinion to give people in demo to have more fun!

You need to try harder then. Taped Shut
Buy S1 for a whopping £6 (in your country) and you'll get custom layouts, along with an additional 3 tracks and 6 cars!
Quote from Fowraw :give people in demo to have more fun!

Noone has to give anyone anything. And you can take the "more fun" by yourself,it costs just few bucks - LFS is now as cheap as ever before.

Also - demo is demostration software,usually very limited,even in use time. LFS is already giving more than most for free - unlimited online time and stats tracking.
Quote from Fowraw :Yes I know that the demo is just for testing the game but for people that do play demo there's only one track which layouts cannot be edited(not trying to be greedy with how many tracks demo has or something). Its just my opinion to give people in demo to have more fun!

This thread is another example of an improvement suggestion that is not actually an improvement suggestion - you are suggesting that a large part of what makes LFS worth paying for should be provided to you for free.

It doesn't matter how compelling you think your argument is (it isn't), or how beneficial it would be to the community (it won't), it's simply never going to happen. End of Story.
Well, i will side by the one who posted this thread, not anyone can buy or charge, some people doesn't even have the stuff to pay, some people are poor, ...
Man, imagine FXO and Rockingham in DEMO, that would be soo cool, for those who are broke or not old enough to spend and have money
On the other hand, the developers also have stuff to pay, so in order not to become poor, the demo has limited content and people have to buy a license to access more of it. Shrug
Quote from Za BOI :Man, imagine FXO and Rockingham in DEMO, that would be soo cool, for those who are broke or not old enough to spend and have money

Imagine a car manufacturer giving a car for free, that would be so cool, for those who are broke or not old enough to spend and have money.
The manufacturer would go bancrupt, but hey, it would be so cool.

(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG