The online racing simulator
While mentioning Bathurst - I hope it will be the next laser scanned track in LFS Big grin
While mentioning 50+ cars. I hope there will be new tire physics indluded those cars in LFS Big grin
I had a thought though: the more physics calculations to be done, the less cars peoples' puters could handle. 1000hz physics would be great, but there's a good chance that it would reduce the grid by 90% too...
I think such a sophisticated high frequency method is only needed for yourself, not for the other cars around the track. But I can be wrong, not my technical knowledge, just a guess.
In mutiplayer, it is not needed to compute the physics of other cars : the computer of the other player is already doing it. The positions have to be known in a fair amount of time to display the cars in the correct places for you. So 100Hz, 1000Hz, or 10kHz, no matter.
Quote from Flotch :In mutiplayer, it is not needed to compute the physics of other cars : the computer of the other player is already doing it. The positions have to be known in a fair amount of time to display the cars in the correct places for you. So 100Hz, 1000Hz, or 10kHz, no matter.

unless you do it on single player with AI racers, where every ai racer needs to be compute by your computer
^^^ Exactly. Even when online too - I think your computer calculates a bit of other peoples' physics in between being updated by the incoming data, hence the weird swerving you see from people with lag...
Quote from johneysvk :Why weren't the old BL PBs deleted?

I deleted all my blackwood pb's soon after the update is there any news if the online details will be reset. As at the minute im obviously getting false % off wr on lfs world.
Quote from Flotch :In mutiplayer, it is not needed to compute the physics of other cars : the computer of the other player is already doing it. The positions have to be known in a fair amount of time to display the cars in the correct places for you. So 100Hz, 1000Hz, or 10kHz, no matter.

I've never questioned it, but LFS records inputs as well as position, and there are some physics calculations at play. (I have questioned, though never asked, why distant cars might appear to lag in a MPR, yet when watching from that car or another close to it, the replay is solidly smooth. Even the MPR recorder's car might appear to lag when being watched from a distant car).
Scawen: Is it possible that AI driver are less aggressive or reckless in the new version? Last race evening with AI drivers was really relaxed? :-D

I can not find any clues in the change list.
Quote from simon1234 :I deleted all my blackwood pb's soon after the update is there any news if the online details will be reset. As at the minute im obviously getting false % off wr on lfs world.

Hotlaps and therefore automatically all world records have been removed from lfsworld when new Blackwood came out so not sure what you are talking about. Airio clean laps maybe and support for custom car classes (FZ2, FX2 etc), but like I said before, support for Airio has ended (years ago) so no news to be expected from that. InSim makers have the opportunity to develop their own race tracker in the time that Airio still is operational and getting crippled as time passes.
well as the new track is slower your old PBs seem faster when compared to the new WRs
Quote from simon1234 :I deleted all my blackwood pb's soon after the update is there any news if the online details will be reset. As at the minute im obviously getting false % off wr on lfs world.

I asked Victor recently and he said there is no such a thing as a WR based on online laps. If you type "/w wr" in game you get the hotlap WR. Online PB times are only for personal use and you can delete them yourself if you like.

I think the message you are seeing comes from Airio, as mentioned by cargame.nl, so I don't know about that.

Quote from sinbad :I've never questioned it, but LFS records inputs as well as position, and there are some physics calculations at play. (I have questioned, though never asked, why distant cars might appear to lag in a MPR, yet when watching from that car or another close to it, the replay is solidly smooth. Even the MPR recorder's car might appear to lag when being watched from a distant car).

There are 3 levels of movement for remote cars.

1) The nearest 4 cars within 120m - full physics
2) More distant cars - low resolution physics (to save CPU)
3) Very distant cars - straight line movement since last update

I don't think number 3 is visible except when you switch to a distant car's view and you can see it moving in straight line for a second, with no car visible. I think that is disabled if you switch off the multiplayer speedup option. Sometimes you can see the inaccuracy in number 2 which is not optional.

Quote from Pasci :Scawen: Is it possible that AI driver are less aggressive or reckless in the new version? Last race evening with AI drivers was really relaxed? :-D

I can not find any clues in the change list.

I haven't changed anything, just regenerated their KNW files for the new BL. Are you sure your AI were set to PRO?
Is there a possibility in the future to have a Expert AI setting? I.e this setting is based off the current WR for each car and the AI are at least 1 second off (because you can never get perfect AI).

Pro AI are still a good way off good drivers (With Old BL, they were a good 5 seconds off the WR)
Makes it more fun for people who just want some clean/banter offline races!

Not a must, but would be nice!

Cheers
The current AI aren't deliberately slow, and if they are simply "turned up" they just crash. I did spend quite a while improving the AI in the new tyre physics system, years ago. So there is already some better AI waiting, with better racing lines and speed prediction code. I haven't yet done any work on the overtaking methods, but that can come later.
AI + Tweaks + Kyoto Ring = 20 car drift tandem (with the right setup).

I kinda like the current AI because of how dumb they are, it makes for some pretty interesting racing sometimes Tongue
Quote from BeNoM :AI + Tweaks + Kyoto Ring = 20 car drift tandem (with the right setup).

I kinda like the current AI because of how dumb they are, it makes for some pretty interesting racing sometimes Tongue

Been there, done that Tongue

Better still if you mix them with random sets, and jumble the grid
Haha done that as well, kinda amusing seeing a UF1 as fast as a BF1 vs a BF1 as slow as a UF1.

If this game had native car customisation/tweaking I don't think I'd ever stop playing Tongue

If only the top/proper tweaks were updated for the new versions of LFS, most of them are for 0.6H Frown
24 AI doing backflip is also cool fun
Quote from Scawen :The current AI aren't deliberately slow, and if they are simply "turned up" they just crash. I did spend quite a while improving the AI in the new tyre physics system, years ago. So there is already some better AI waiting, with better racing lines and speed prediction code. I haven't yet done any work on the overtaking methods, but that can come later.

Splendid! Just a higher AI level will do. Not a must, however, as LFS is mainly a multiplayer simulator isn't it Tongue

I would however like to see better AI overtaking as stated above. If making the AI quicker is a task, then make them overtake more Frown They behave kind of like the pre-patch F1 2015 AI, but slower haha

Cheers
Quote from cargame.nl :Hotlaps and therefore automatically all world records have been removed from lfsworld when new Blackwood came out so not sure what you are talking about. Airio clean laps maybe and support for custom car classes (FZ2, FX2 etc), but like I said before, support for Airio has ended (years ago) so no news to be expected from that. InSim makers have the opportunity to develop their own race tracker in the time that Airio still is operational and getting crippled as time passes.

Sorry I have been an idiot all times are reset I managed to miss deleting my xrg old time along with looking at a week old unrefreshed copy of the lfsworld web site.
this happens on blackwood Shrug

question, all tracks will be update?

cars models need updates, rb/fz/UF need more details same XF and XR Tilt
Attached images
lfs_00000048.jpg
Quote from MacedoSTI :this happens on blackwood Shrug

The tire thing I'm sure will be fixed when new tire physics comes out. Just a bug..

Car models... no idea
Quote from MacedoSTI :this happens on blackwood Shrug

That happens everywhere which includes sharp edges, regardless of layout or actual track.

I am also assuming pretty much there is high chance car interiors get update, and all tracks too...

The day when it arrives when I have to say goodbye Fern Bay hills, for jumping, for climbing for adventuring... The same thing as I had to say goodbye for old Westhill, track was nearly flat out, and it was awesome! I still miss old westhill... but I am still that opinion that new westhill is far better, it is even bigger to make some cool stuff in layout-side Smile
Quote from Scawen :I haven't yet done any work on the overtaking methods, but that can come later.

It would be great if the AI would be more aware of our presence nearby. When racing against, it systematically ignore us if we are in a dead angle or even side by side. At a certain point, I'd say 1 meters ahead of them, they seem to suddenly start noticing our presence and then, if the racing pavement is a tad too narrow/risky ahead (maybe up to a 100 meters?), they jump on the brake, which can make the AI quite easy to beat for someone aware of this trick, or just racing on tight circuits such as Fern bay.

Maybe the AI should have different presets depending on the car they drive. e.g., if the AI is driving the F0X or any formula type of cars, they might behave more carefully with nearby cars to avoid wheel to wheel collisions but on the other hand, if racing in say, TBO class, a more aggressive preset could be used. Just throwing that out!

Thanks for the recent update. Thumbs up

New Version 0.6R - Blackwood Update
(239 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG