The online racing simulator
Quote from Scawen :That can only mean you don't have the correct track files from Q12 (in data\wld - check the file dates). Maybe you only installed Q10 before, or incorrectly installed Q12.

Correct. I mistakenly though I was installing Q to Q12, but it was Q to Q10. Sorry.
Blackwood white-blue curbs are fixed completely in Q13 Thumbs up
Scawen,
Would it be too much hassle to add 45 degrees steerlock to the RB4 and make it possible to have 100% rwd?

Would be nice to get another car on track for variety now when you guys (finaly) thinking of us drifters, until more s3 content is provided. ^^
Indeed in Q13 it looks more "real". In previous versions those kerbs were to be avoided at all cost Cool while they weren't looking that dangerous (not too high).

Added to my small request for some cones to forbid the access (at least visually) to the chicane of GP track config when you are driving the Historic configuration, I find a bit clean the braking zone for the last corner of Historic Rev. Wouldn't it be better with some hard printed skid marks on it ?
Attached images
historic_rev_braking_zone.jpg
I think the point of it being the historic version is that it really hasn't been "used" in "ages", so it wouldn't have any tire marks on it. Imagine it as if the version history of LFS were the in-game timeline explanation Big grin

Edit: Except that some time before we all started driving on it BL didn't have the chicane
The kerbs in Q13 are now bearable. I just hope a quick-fix like this comes along for kerbs like WE1R T2 some time in the not so distant future. Thank you. Thumbs up
I don't know what others would say about that, but I think that the grass next to curbs at last corner's exit should be made a bit uhmm... shabby/battered as it get's mowed by spinning wheels very often Smile At least from my point of view as what I can see when driving with others. Most of racers get behind these curbs there.

Attached images
grass.jpg
It is a feature, not every track should be ez mode I think.
Quote from R@fiXII :I don't know what others would say about that, but I think that the grass next to curbs at last corner's exit should be made a bit uhmm... shabby/battered as it get's mowed by spinning wheels very often Smile At least from my point of view as what I can see when driving with others. Most of racers get behind these curbs there.

Agree with this one.
Scawen, what about new concrete colors and be able to paint all the pieces?
Quote from R0ut66 :Scawen, what about new concrete colors and be able to paint all the pieces?

To add to this, we could have some RGB sliders!
Input field is better then sliders (or both) but yes, requests for colors.. But it can be simple request, how it turns out with programming I don't know.

---
Tested Q13 for some (demo) races now. Overall opinion is good about it, I like it also.. Racing with keyboard myself at the moment but then I have more demo feeling anyway. And eehh well.. It's easier now, but this is good.. Blackwood stays most of the time the demo track and demo shouldn't be so tricky with kerbs/sausages.

Curious when those LED panels become controllable and autoX addable. These tiny yellow/black speedbump circles I like too Wink
Test Patch Q14 :

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/90424

This is intended as the final test patch!

Changes from 0.6Q12 to 0.6Q14 :

New Blackwood :
More fixes including some Z buffer issues and lod distances

Physics :
improved collision and tyre rolling on the 3D kerb objects

Fixes :
FIX : Removed message "Side mirror - point too central"
Quote from cargame.nl :Curious when those LED panels become controllable and autoX addable.

At first, those panels caught my attention and I immediately wanted to see them change. It would be SO GREAT if those panels would work by default during race sessions, for yellow (and blue) flags. It would mean "more life" to BL!

Also, smaller typo in the changelog (from Q10 to Q12): "IS_OBH is always reported, as before, for movaoble objects."
Quote from MandulAA :At first, those panels caught my attention and I immediately wanted to see them change. It would be SO GREAT if those panels would work by default during race sessions, for yellow (and blue) flags. It would mean "more life" to BL!

I agree with this. it would be great to give InSim programs control of that light, to set it any colour they want and I was thinking it (or similar) could also be a layout object, along with the kerb objects.

But those things are fiddly and complicated, and they can come in a later update and we think it's a good idea to make this Blackwood the official version without delay.

Quote from MandulAA :Also, smaller typo in the changelog (from Q10 to Q12): "IS_OBH is always reported, as before, for movaoble objects."

Thanks, fixed in my version.
por favor alguem mande link do unlocker de vcs o meu deu problema e tive que excluir/ pls send me link of the unlocker
Quote from AndreiCL :por favor alguem mande link do unlocker de vcs o meu deu problema e tive que excluir/ pls send me link of the unlocker

www.lfs.net/shop

It's a good price now in Brazil, only £12 for S2. Have a look.
I liked the kerbs of Q10/Q12 better, the new ones are rather bland.

Of course the annoying hard edges (which sometimes clipped/threw around the whole car) were bad, but I liked that they changed the balance more when running *on* them.
I tried BF1 on Q14... Good stuff!
Quote from AndreiCL :por favor alguem mande link do unlocker de vcs o meu deu problema e tive que excluir/ pls send me link of the unlocker

U don't need unlocker u can unlock demo anytime Smile
The new curbs are friendlier than they look. Not worth so much time changing them when their behavior will change with new tyre physics Smile.

I did notice some floating skidmarks on the new curbs. Sorry, no screenshot.
q14 is much less clunk clunk on the force feedback, as you go on the kerbs and green run off. Still a bit there with the FBM but not other cars.
Quote from bobloblaw :The new curbs are friendlier than they look. Not worth so much time changing them when their behavior will change with new tyre physics Smile.

I forgot to take screenshot as well
Quote from bobloblaw :The new curbs are friendlier than they look. Not worth so much time changing them when their behavior will change with new tyre physics Smile.

Quote from UnknownMaster21 :I forgot to take screenshot as well

Its hard to notice them if you are not seeing it for yourself, as an screenshot can't tell much and you need to have a good eye to see them actually flying and not a "perspective illusion".
These flying skidmarks are on mostly all of the curbs.

In the image attached, you can see them flying, and if you look at the curb on the far right, there is a bit of the skidmark clipping and flying. I think I nailed it with the angle.
Attached images
lfs_00000014.jpg
Quote from k_badam :To add to this, we could have some RGB sliders!

Maybe it will take a long time to the players download the colors
This thread is closed

Test Patch 0.6Q14 - New Blackwood
(367 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG