The online racing simulator
I might not be able to attend the next one because it's on the same weekend as the 24hr.
Round 2 info
All-wheel-drive Winter Series 2017
Round 2

Sunday,22nd January
19:00 UTC / 20:00 CET / 21:00 EET

Round 2 is ready to receive the racers for the unique racetrack - it will be the first ever full dirt track in AWS history,meaning also that this will be the first RB4 race without heavily overheating tyres. Ditching the need to manage tyres,the race will become more pace orientated - the fastest should be able to be ahead without worries about killing tyres with their fast pace. Even the track does not offer much room for passing,slower driver won't be able to keep faster one behind for long,as it is easy to slip aside on the slippery surface of Westhill's green area. Just like in opening round,also here race is scheduled for 27 laps,but the race distance will be less the a half of first round's.

After round one we have few leaders that might be able to carry on with being fast,but with 5 rounds to go,theoretically everyone has a shot for the championship glory,even without having raced in season opener. The competition for licence upgrade is even more wide open - with highest S2 entry scoring just 1 point in round 1,the prize is for grabs for everyone!

Round info:
Track: Westhill RGE Dirt Track (SO4)
Laps: 27 (50km)
Car: RB4
Previous winners : nsys|MareX (2016)

Server info and password will be PM'ed during saturday (european time) to all entrants,until then server remains publically accessible:
AWD Winter Series
LFSW name: SmartS
In-game name: Smart
Full team name:
Nation: Lithuania
Server is now passworded and password has been sent to all entered racers.
LFSW name: Shikari_San
In-game name: [TC-R] S.Corson
Full team name: [TC] Racing
Nation: Scottish
"Track: Westhill RGE Dirt Track (SO4)" SO4?
Just when i figured the racing line and thought i could have decent race, i make a mistake and boom, down to 15th. No overtaking possibility here, so i would end 15th, if the lapping pack and pik weren't so eager to get past, so 16th in the end. Tongue No more of this pls, or at least add some overtaking possibilities, otherwise it's just Monaco.
There were overtaking possibilities
I dunno, i tried, but without some paint swapping and tin bending it was hard to do, so i tried to do it cleanly, but with no chance. Only if the other car crashes, etc.
Round 2 unofficial results
Qualifying:

Race:

MPR download

If you want to make a protest,please include all neccesary information.
Template:
Quote :Session:
Lap/MPR time:
Involved drivers:
Description of incident:

Deadline for protests - monday,20:00 UTC
Round 2 official results

Despite being very different,both of the first 2 rounds have something common - they both were practically dominated by a lithuanian driver,but for a change in round two the winner was different lithuanian. Dzidoris spent a lot of time practicing and the hard work payed off as he collected all 15 points from Rallycross Trophy of Westhill - he won the race and set fastest lap on both sessions. Also 2nd place finisher UM21 finished 5 positions higher than in 1st round,but after few position exchanges during race,the winner of round one V.Laguckas crossed the finish line third.

Now 2 rounds are done and there is some movement in championship tables. Except in first place - a win and 3rd place finish is more than enough to keep the lead in standings,V.Laguckas lost 1 point lead over closest rival,but still is 3 points ahead. With the recent win Dzidoris is now 2nd in the table,but 3rd with 8 points gap to leader is P.Butcher,who is followed closely by UM21 and Marex,who also have same points amount. Dzidoris in now on top of Rookie of the Year standings,5 points gap to P.Butcher. But in S2 Challenge currently one driver has more then 1 in races scored point - Smart leads by 6 points over Revers. RB4 and Cross Challenge standings are of course identical to 2nd round results,while in latter one there is just 1 more round,where Dzidoris has now best chance to collect the small award.

In Teams Championship TC Racing has now increased their lead by 2 points and now has 5 points gap over Last Lap Motorsports,but MTDZX is 3rd,another 5 points behind - they scored most points between teams in round 2. With 2 lithuanians leading the table there is no doubt which nation leads Nations Cup standings - Lithuania enjoys solid 25 points lead over Finland,which is closely followed by 3 other nations.

The variating schedule will keep offering different racing in series - round 3 is the fastest round of them all. Winter 200 is a 200 kilometer race in the wide and banked Kyoto Oval. Being fast here does not mean much - fast alone is still slower then together with a good buddy. Everyone has now over a week time to find allies and figure out how working together works best!
Round 3 info
Round 3

Sunday,5th February

There were complaints about round 2 track being not suited for overtaking. Round 3 track should not give such problems,even better - properly timed overtaking (and letting overtake) makes you faster! The fastest round of the season is ready to welcome racers - Winter 200 is a race in 3km tri-oval,a full-throttle racetrack,where only your raceline makes the difference. To complete 200 kilometers you'll need to drive around the track 67 times. But everyone will get only 2 chances to set his time in qualifying - in ovals hotlap qualifying is used,where everyone is for himself. The running order will be decided from Drivers Championship standings - lowest placed drivers will start qualifying while standings leader will take his run last. Everyone will have to run 3 laps - outlap and 2 timed hotlaps,after which driver should spectate,only fastest lap counts of course.

As usual,to avoid many questions,Race Green Events' statement about bumpdrafting:
"With closed wheels cars it is not forbidden,but in case of any reported incidents it will be treated as intentional contact,so everyone has to make sure that he knows what he is doing!"

When we take a look on current standings,we see that it's led by 2 lithuanian drivers - V.Laguckas and Dzidoris,followed by 3 drivers with tied points count,between them defending Winter 200 winner. This means that situation has a great potential to get more exciting. Also this will be first round towards the brand new Oval Trophy award,so the next round is a great chance to apply for being top candidate on new award!

Note: please make sure that you gave updated your LFS client to the latest 0.6R version,as it is uncompatible with the previous one!

Round info:
Track: Kyoto Ring Oval (KY1)
Laps: 67 (201km)
Car: FXR
Previous winners : nsys|MareX (2016), RGˆM.Velikov (2015), 22 S.Jurvansuu (2014), S M.Kapal (2013), spdoReno (2012)

Server info and password will be PM'ed during saturday (european time) to all entrants,until then server remains publically accessible:
AWD Winter Series
LFSW name: kurkku87
In-game name: [SRT]kurkku
Full team name: Sport Racing Team Finland
Nation: Finland
LFSW name: Hakseli90
In-game name: KilerFIN
Full team name: N/A
Nation: Finland
Any mouser here, who plans to invert the throttle? Big grin
LFSW name: michal 1279
In-game name: [MRc] Michal
Full team name: Master Race car
Nation: Czech Republic
I won't be able to make it today, Rony, sorry about that.
I'd like to give the race a shot once more.

ÖFSW name: TFalke55
In-Game name: HoR Falke
Full team name: Heroes of Racing
Nation: Germany
Round 3 unofficial results
Qualifying:

Race:

MPR download

If you want to make a protest,please include all neccesary information.
Template:
Quote :Session:
Lap/MPR time:
Involved drivers:
Description of incident:

Deadline for protests - monday,20:00 UTC
indicate
I was thinking why people were doing so close as I assumed they did saw us, however, problem was I never saw Falcon in there, blind spot, that's why MareX and Rony were so close... however, I decided to give a bump for michal to get on clean path, but he lost control and took me to the wall as well...

my fault, not gonna do protests because I saw replay, situation were completely different, but during race it did look they did purposely block, the angle and fov and all other was illuminati...

...my fault, sorry

EDIT: it was similar happening with Adam and Rony on same spot, though it was more clear, that was a block.
Attached images
indicatemichal.jpg
Round 3 official results

DzidorisIII - receives a WARNING for avoidable contact with cq.arco in turn 1 of lap 3. Driver should not just like that change the raceline without being sure about the surroundings.

The totally different track type deffinitelly mixed up the field in AWS 2017 round 3 - but all the attending standings leaders were in top third of qualifying results. Unfortunatelly race turned out quite messy in earlier phase,as many went agressively through field just to be ahead,even if everyone should know that you can't hold the lead long without any help. At lap 18 of 67 both MTDZX drivers managed to break away from the messy pack with effective bumpdraft and never gave up the lead again,making a team only battle for win at final lap - the better one turned out to be UM21,who patiently sat behind his teammate during final lap and went for relatively easy slingshot overtake on final stretch. Loosing by just a length of car's bonnet,2nd place was taken by Arska. In later stages another team pair was able to break away from the remains of main pack - RGA drivers Rony and Falcon left Marex behind and the battle for 3rd was much closer,as the gap in finish was measurable only in few centimeters - Rony was able to get enough run on much better defending teammate to barely squeze by to get the remaining podium spot. UM21 and Falcon both set the fastest lap despite being in different groups at the point,both receive the bonus point for that.

Half of the season is complete and there are few less leaders,but - what could be done in first half,can be done also in 2nd half,so the championship is still wide open. With the win in previous round,UM21 now takes the lead in Drivers Championship,but he's ahead just on tie-breaker,as V.Laguckas has also 33 points under his belt. Marex trails by 6 points,Dzidoris by 9 points - these currently are the main favourites for the championship as rest are 15 points (max points for 1 driver in single round) or more behind,but we cannot rule rest of the drivers out yet,as we still have quite variating schedule ahead,which could give as one or two new contenders for the championship. Dzidoris is still the leader for the Rookie of the Year award,neither he or the absent P.Butcher did not add anything to their points count. Only one eligible S2 Challenge driver was present in previous round,but even he did not score any points,meaning the upgrade voucher is still up for grabs - Smart has scored 8 points,whoever can beat him during next 2 rounds,gets the prize! Meanwhile in FXR Master award standings V.Laguckas saw his 4 point lead being halved and will have tough time defending the award chances in the 5th round. But the race for the new Oval Trophy has started in previous round - standings order is of course as the first award's round finishing order,but the gaps are slightly altered due bonus points.

Being absent the Teams Championship leaders TC Racing have been dropped now to 3rd place - MTDZX scored massive 25 points with their double win and took the lead,currently having solid 14 points gap to LLM,one more to TC-R. Defending champions RGA finally got some points boost and now is 5th in standings,needing great performance to be able to defend the title. Nations Cup is still led by Lithuania,but their 25 points lead has been practically demolished,as Finland is now just 6 points behind,defending champions Latvia is 3rd with 16 points defficite.

After the fastest round AWS now will visit Westhill once again,this time probably for the most dangerous round. Narrow public roads,closely flashing trees and posts when racing at speeds reaching over 200 km/h,barely any room for errors - that's quite appropriate description of AWS round 4 - Westhill Street Cup,a brand new round,using service roads around Westhill's eastern part. Overheating tyres of RB4 probably will be one of the least worries for the racers - stay focused or you might leave the car bent into shape of letter C against one of the many trees...
Round 4 info
Round 4

Sunday,19th February

After the fastest AWS round comes something that's quite slower in terms of overall speed,but not in terms of speed perception. If the relatively safe profesionally built oval race track didn't gave any speed thrills,the next track will give goosebumps to most drivers - barely exceeding 200 km/h in few parts of the track will be enough to worry even the experienced circuit racers,as the sorrounding track objects like trees,posts and fences are not behind barriers,but directly reachable! The new round named "Westhill Street Cup" will be run on almost 6 kilometers long route around eastern part of Westhill's support roads,where laptimes will be about 10 seconds below 3 minutes mark. To win this race,strong nerves is not an option,it's a must!

Since there are some possibilities to cut some of the turns,reminder - 2 wheels have to be on track at all times,where track is defined by paved surface. Fastest laps in both sessions will be checked automatically,rest - either randomly or because of a report!

After half of the season there are 4 distinguishable leaders,seperated by 9 points,while the rest is still with striking distance if performed well during the remaining season. So the series has it's leaders,but the intrigue is growing,this round will deffinitely confirm or deny the championship chances for everyone. Also the battles for both teams and nations titles is heating up,if any of them has reinforcements,now is the best time to activate them!

Round info:
Track: Westhill Eastpark Raceway (WE3X)
Laps: 15 (89km)
Car: RB4
Previous winners : First edition of the round

AWD Winter Series
Quote from Eclipsed :Server is now passworded and password has been sent to all entered racers.

I never entered into the next round... If there is a chance to withdraw from the series, then I'm withdrawing.
This thread is closed

All-Wheel-Drive Winter Series 2017 - information and sign-ups
(104 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG