The online racing simulator
Post your bike! :)
(1873 posts, started )
Mostly yes.

Just starting to find the lack of bottom and mid-range torque on 600cc a bit annoying. A crossplane R1 would be another contender to the 'Blade.
Did you change the gearing at all? A larger rear sprocket may give you what you're looking for, something like +4 teeth over your stock 42. Adjust chain tension accordingly.
Nah, fuel consumption is already bad enough when touring thanks to no fairings, screaming engine wouldn't help that.

That's another thing I really want with a supersport, a bit of wind cover. My friends can just crouch down on their supersports when we're touring if the wind gets bad, and I'm sitting upright getting thrown around.
-
(eddy678) DELETED by eddy678
Six years and still going strong. Should I remove the front mudguard or not?
Attached images
P1010843.JPG
Quote from Matrixi :Still smooth sailing with the Hornet... clocked a bit over 3100 kilometers so far this summer and just did the first oil/filter change.

Got a really bad desire for a 1000cc supersports though, feeling around for a Repsol 06-07 Fireblade near my area.

Rode my brother's beemer...1000r (R?) I dunno. Just can't get over the feeling of flying over the handlebars when braking. It's ok if you like crotch rockets. Personally, I would stick with Rice burners. But I'm prejudiced towards Japanese Bikes. The beemer is as overengineered as their cars are.
i don't know if this is common with sport bikes, but it has braking like what the newer Goldwings do. You can activate the back brake with the lever too. A bunch of computer crap. Three traction control settings. I imagine it's a real pain to work on. It's got pretty good response and is very agile. But not really my style of bike. He's selling it, if you're interested.......
Quote from Racer Y :
Quote from Matrixi :Got a really bad desire for a 1000cc supersports though, feeling around for a Repsol 06-07 Fireblade near my area.

Rode my brother's beemer...1000r (R?) I dunno. Just can't get over the feeling of flying over the handlebars when braking. It's ok if you like crotch rockets. Personally, I would stick with Rice burners. But I'm prejudiced towards Japanese Bikes. The beemer is as overengineered as their cars are.
i don't know if this is common with sport bikes, but it has braking like what the newer Goldwings do. You can activate the back brake with the lever too. A bunch of computer crap. Three traction control settings. I imagine it's a real pain to work on. It's got pretty good response and is very agile. But not really my style of bike. He's selling it, if you're interested.......

I had a set of Stompgrips on my SV so I could hug the tank with my legs under braking and put minimal weight on the bars. You can do it without the Stompgrips, you just have to squeeze harder. If you feel like you're flying over the bars under braking, you may not be sitting up enough.

A lot of newer bikes have ABS, and I think maybe because of that they also tend to have linked brakes.

Also, I think Matrixi is on a different continent...
Quote from Forbin :
Quote from Racer Y :
Quote from Matrixi :Got a really bad desire for a 1000cc supersports though, feeling around for a Repsol 06-07 Fireblade near my area.

I had a set of Stompgrips on my SV so I could hug the tank with my legs under braking and put minimal weight on the bars. You can do it without the Stompgrips, you just have to squeeze harder. If you feel like you're flying over the bars under braking, you may not be sitting up enough.

A lot of newer bikes have ABS, and I think maybe because of that they also tend to have linked brakes.

Also, I think Matrixi is on a different continent...

Oh yeah it has ABS so linked brakes makes sense.... sitting - UP? LOL Actually I was able to sit somewhat upright, with a slight forward lean. I think that slight forward leaning is what made me feel that way. That and the relatively short wheel base (compared to what I'm used to riding). I imagine it's something you get used to, like forward controls. If you've never used forward controls, you almost always put your feet where you THINK the pegs should be when taking off. LOL can you imagine a sport bike with forward controls? LOL the first bike geared for contortionists.

I haven't heard of a Matrixi, but I don't know much about sport bikes, particularly BMWs, either. But I do know Bike makers make specific models for specific areas. I know Harley made a sportster variant that looked a lot like a flat tracker, You can get one here, but they were shooting for the European market with it. And I think It sold pretty good over there compared to here.
Sold the Hornet last weekend and was supposed to be bike'less until next summer.

Things didn't go quite as planned, two days later:

Yeah.... I don't usually "plug" a product, but recently I had a flat tire. I just bought new tires less than 4 months ago. And y'all know tires for bikes ain't cheap. Well I took a chance on this product that claims to not only seal punctures but balance the wheel as well.
You know what? It DID! The product is called Ride On. It's this orange colored glue looking stuff. An 8oz container is around $14 US.
It comes with a chart listing tire sizes and how much to put in, but I had to go online and use their calculator. Avon may make decent tires but they suck at tire size description. I needed 12 oz (had to buy two bottles). I don't know about other products out there, but I know FIRST HAND this one works.
Oh and it won't mess up your wheel like I've heard other sealants doing.
http://www.ride-on.com/
My 2013 Triumph Street Triple R Smile
Quote from doyal :My 2013 Triumph Street Triple R Smile

You know, if you just HAVE to have a crotch rocket, I think this is the way to go. Naked. I like how on this bike everything is relatively easy to get to. I also like the more relaxed riding position it has. It looks to make for a good daily bike. But honestly, It was the red stripe on the rims that was the deal breaker, huh?
That just finishes off the overall effect. I imagine you living in the UK and it being a Triumph and all, parts are easy to come by. And modding or tricking out would be pretty easy too. LOL Girder forks?
I don't know much about Triumphs but it looks pretty good and maintained. In the photos, the chain and back sprocket looks OK. I see a lot of three year old used sport bikes where that's not the case. Yeah. Your bike looks to be in very good condition. Is it still under a factory warranty? Is it "new" or new to you? A co-worker recently got a 2014 Yamaha C spec that was never sold from a dealership for dirt cheap. Less than what he would have paid for it if it was being sold by an owner. Hope you stay pleased with it.
Quote from Racer Y :You know, if you just HAVE to have a crotch rocket, I think this is the way to go. Naked. I like how on this bike everything is relatively easy to get to.

It's not like it's hard or time consuming to remove bodywork on a sportbike. I might even suggest things are actually easier to get to on a fully-faired sportbike once you remove the bodywork, compared to a similar naked bike.
Yeah, once you take it off.... Let's not forget putting it back ON and wondering where in the hell did that last screw go to. Tearing up half the garage looking for it only to find it up against the back tire.
Now you could say all that plastic protects components from exposure to the elements and claim how it's aerodynamics help with fuel usage, but I'm a bit of a minimalist when it comes to bikes. lol says the guy with the 800 pound bike.
One of the things that puts me off about motorcycles like sport bikes and baggers, especially baggers, is all the extraneous stuff on them.
That can turn a five minute oil change or a 10 minute brake pad change into an all day ordeal. I saw an Indian a while back. I think they make one of the prettiest motors in the world. but everything else is all covered up or concealed by something. It took me ten minutes just to figure out what I would have had to take off just to get to the brake pads. My brother's Beemer, a 1000r or something?, was the about the same way. It was fun to zip around on but maintenance would've been a pain.
Muscle bikes. Know why they call them that? Cause it's what you have to use when you walk it in traffic jams.
Racer Y, I am the 2nd owner, it has only done 6500 miles and was previously owned by a chap who was the hospitality manager for Williams F1. He bought it to ride around whilst touring the European leg of the F1 races during the evenings, etc..

Since buying it this year I've put CNC brake levers, Triumph Quickshifter, Evotech tail tidy & SC Project Exhaust (it came with a carbon arrow)

I think crotch rocket ownership is subjective.. There is a bike out there for everyone
A little update on my baby

Decided it was time to change the clutch plates but i got stuck removing the castle nut, holding the clutch basket. So I just replaced the oil, coolant, replaced the clutch springs with some heavy duty EBC springs. But the plates ill have to leave till i get someone a bit bigger then myself to assist. Unless someone here has any tips?
Attached images
IMG_20170407_041159.jpg
IMG_20170407_041222.jpg
IMG_20170407_050224.jpg
IMG_20170407_050229.jpg
IMG_20170407_051040.jpg
IMG_20170407_051043.jpg
IMG_20170408_024901.jpg
IMG_20170408_024926.jpg
Quote from Gener_AL (UK) :A little update on my baby

Decided it was time to change the clutch plates but i got stuck removing the castle nut, holding the clutch basket. So I just replaced the oil, coolant, replaced the clutch springs with some heavy duty EBC springs. But the plates ill have to leave till i get someone a bit bigger then myself to assist. Unless someone here has any tips?

Do you have a breaker bar? That would come in handy, unless the nut is torqued down super bad - then maybe a cheater pipe? Man I don't envy you with that project. Yeah, clutches are a pain. I'm lucky. The people that work on my bike make custom cafe racers and I do graphics and fabricate parts for them from time to time and get a decent discount. They are currently converting a late '70's Goldwing into one. Yeah. A Goldwing.
My bike just hit 99k miles. When she hits 100, I'm inviting all her little friends over for a party.
Victory Motorcycles....
Polaris, who owned the brand decided to shut things down late last year. I rarely saw any of those bikes on the road.... until AFTER they shut down. Now I see them everywhere. My guess is dealers are unloading them for whatever they can get. I don't know if Victory sold bikes in Europe. But if so, you can probably get one pretty cheap. They were trying to compete with Harley and limited themselves to just cruiser models. With the fall in fuel prices and LOL the end of Sons of Anarchy, the fad for cruisers and motorcycles in general ended over here. I think that unless you're Ducati or Harley, if you want to start a motorcycle company, you should try to have more of a variety.
Polaris's other bike brand, Indian is still doing pretty good, but after what happened with Victory, how do I know they'll be around after I were to buy one? Because just like Victory, It's a niche market solely aiming for Harley customers. And that's sad. Cause If my bike konks out before I do, I was really liking those bikes as a replacement....

http://www.indianmotorcycle.com/en-us/springfield-thunder-black
I now have 100,800 miles on the odometer. Yeah I thought I was the sh!t with that. How many people flip their odometers on motorcycles?
I thought I had some bragging rights there.
But There's some guy in Florida that has over 500k on a yamaha
And I know this guy that has a little 750 with 200k miles.
But that being said, my two wheeled porsche (1500cc flat six for a motor) has been the best vehicle I've ever owned.
Bump of the day! Tilt

Got myself a new toy, 2016 Suzuki GSX 650 FA.

-
(Bose321) DELETED by Bose321 : meh
Nice bike! It's in my favorite bike color too!
Not too many folks ride around here anymore.
The Harley set is getting old and most millenials aren't all that interested in motorcycles.

Post your bike! :)
(1873 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG