The online racing simulator
Test Patch 0.6P2 (now P9)
(262 posts, closed, started )
Quote from sermilan :I already think it's a bad idea. I suppose it would be ok for those who have VR headsets, but for the rest of us who use buttons for head movement it's not a particularly good idea.

This. It's a nice idea but won't work in practice.

Thinking about it, now that LFS has 2 karting tracks, surely bringing a kart to LFS is on the radar so maybe racing without mirrors is something we might have to work with at some point, HMD or not. Interesting.

Quote from Eric :The mirrors on the MRT don't exist on the real life version.

I didn't know that, fair enough. Smile
Quote from Eric :The mirrors on the MRT don't exist on the real life version, they are fictional. I tried to make the original round mirrors work but to be rear-view effective, they had to be extended away from the chassis by some 25cm. They looked like tea spoons sticking out from the chassis.Smile

So we ended up using a generic racing mirror.

I agree with Ziomek, version without the mirrors would be definitely worth a test patch in my opinion. But it is up to you at the end of the day Smile
One bug, when reposition left or right mirror to up or to down, that vanish a texture.
Attached images
lfs_00000247.jpg
Quote from aanrus :The crazy handbrake, the crazy front wheels.
Look replay.

I don't get this. What is it? It seems your clutch is activated when your handbrake is activated. Are your clutch and handbrake assigned to the same key? How is that possible?

Quote from aanrus :One bug, when reposition left or right mirror to up or to down, that vanish a texture.

Good find, I can see this too.
Quote from Scawen :I don't get this. What is it? It seems your clutch is activated when your handbrake is activated. Are your clutch and handbrake assigned to the same key? How is that possible?

Good find, I can see this too.

Scawen, I dont know. The front wheels are set to 0, when the handbrake.
Quote from aanrus :Scawen, I dont know. The front wheels are set to 0, when the handbrake.

What are your controller and view settings? I was able to get a similar effect with :

Steering : Mouse
Look function : Mouse X (now view and steer is centred when I press Right Mouse Button)
Handbrake : Right Mouse Button

I wouldn't recommend that setup but it reproduces "centre steering when handbrake is applied".

It doesn't reproduce clutch activation with handbrake...
Thanks for the testing. 0.6P5 is now available.

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/89703

Changes from 0.6P4 to 0.6P5 :

Mirrors :

Adjustment values are now displayed and can be typed in
Additional translation strings for left and right mirrors

Fixes :

Objects could disappear with extreme up or down mirror adjustment
Scawen, while you are currently messing around with the mirrors.

Is it possible to increase the range of movement for changing the position of the center mirror? Even in real life I like to move my mirrors much higher, so they are not blocking the horizon in my line of sight. I sit taller, head usually hits roof of smaller cars. It is the worse on cloverleaf off ramps of USA highways, have to crane neck around mirror to see where I am going. I tend to move the mirrors so far up they also touch the roof line... sometime sit works some times it don't. Sometimes ill put it down by the dash.
Quote from Scawen :What are your controller and view settings? I was able to get a similar effect with :

Steering : Mouse
Look function : Mouse X (now view and steer is centred when I press Right Mouse Button)
Handbrake : Right Mouse Button

I wouldn't recommend that setup but it reproduces "centre steering when handbrake is applied".

Yes, I have was this option. At "Look function : street, axis, joystick" - no problem.
Quote from SimulatorRental.com :Scawen, while you are currently messing around with the mirrors.

Is it possible to increase the range of movement for changing the position of the center mirror? ...

If you mean the offset, then yes, that's a good idea. Especially the vertical range could be much more. An option to hide the center mirror completely could be useful as well.

I used to remove it in the cars I owned in the past Wink
may be its repeat

Some view errors in Audio

some like in english:
Default device
Speakers (Realtek HDA)
Realtek Digital Output (Realtek HDA)
Speakers (NoMachine)

some like in russian:
Устройство воспроизведения по умолчанию
Динамики (Realtek HDA)
Realtek Digital Output (Realtek HDA)
Динамики(NoMachine)
Attached images
2016-08-26_12-03-37.png
Interesting.

Do you get the same issue with the graphics adapter name, displayed near the bottom of the Graphics Options screen?
Quote from Scawen :Interesting.

Do you get the same issue with the graphics adapter name, displayed near the bottom of the Graphics Options screen?

i found reason:
this bug when i use eng interface
when i use rus interface - devices displayed normally

BTW can you add "mirror adjustment" translations?

added atachment with new translations in russian
Attached files
Russian.txt - 57.7 KB - 809 views
And i wanna translate phys graph section
Attached images
2016-08-26_13-49-26.png
Denis, I have sent you an email about translation.
Quote from Aerogyry :To Scawen
good afternoon. I play preferably on open wheels and used real a mirror + virtual, now it is impossible to include an option at the same time, either real or virtual, and I got used to virtual + to real mirrors on open wheels, I ask you to add an option of simultaneous inclusion of all mirrors. Thank you very much.

+1
Slovak translations for mirrors settings dissapeared(they are in english), czech ones are ok.

translation lines for slovak language:

Mirror adjustments - Nastavenie zrkadiel
left - ľavé
centre - stredné
right - pravé
Quote from denis-takumi :And i wanna translate phys graph section

I have added these lines to the online translation system.

Quote from Bigbob1993 :Slovak translations for mirrors settings dissapeared(they are in english), czech ones are ok.

translation lines for slovak language:

Mirror adjustments - Nastavenie zrkadiel
left - ľavé
centre - stredné
right - pravé

Thank you but I don't have the time to update translations myself, there are just too many of them. Maybe you can ask one of the translators to update the lines?
I sent a message to Sisolak and will wait for response. I will inform you ASAP Smile

and thanks for the link, FlameCZE.
Just sent an email to sicotange with all the missing lines translated in French. Smile
Quote from Lucas McFly :+1

Ideally there would be 2 options:

Show virtual mirror: No / Yes
Show real mirrors: None / Side only / All

*"None" or "Side only" would also remove the center mirror 3d object, not just black it out
There are some complications with allowing virtual mirror at the same time as real mirrors in the new system. Mainly because it is no longer possible for them to use the same rendered image. The central mirror is narrower than a virtual mirror and its direction depends on the head position, so it is not compatible with the virtual mirror. A virtual mirror would have to be drawn as a separate image.

It's possible but not easy and I'm not really keen on doing it. I can't do it for this coming official version because I hope to release it very soon and get back to the tyre physics.
This thread is closed

Test Patch 0.6P2 (now P9)
(262 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG