The online racing simulator
Test Patch 0.6P2 (now P9)
(262 posts, closed, started )
I'm going to post this in issues as well, since I am actually NOT on the test patch but am using 0.6P so it might be unrelated to test patch.

I had to contact Logitech about my G27 because of calibration issues and they "upgraded" me to a G29. However when I try using it in LFS I can't get FFB to work. LFS reports:

"CreateEffect failed (0 axes)"
"Could not setup FF steer device"

I've tried using both device 1 and 2 for the FF device and the G29 is listed first on the controller list so I'd expect 1 to be the proper device, but doesn't work.

-----------------------

Also, I came back after running LFS for a very long time and everything was running just fine on the track. Rendering as expected. I then ended the race, (or went to pits?), and got to see the attached view. Again this was 0.6P and unfortunately I don't have any information on how/why it happened, just fyi. I'll keep an eye out. Big grin

----

EDIT: If possible I have a few feature requests:
- A command to add an AI car of set difficulty, might be tricky now that there is /ai name, but I'd really like the ability to: "/ai easy /ai hard" or even use a number.
- In the back of my head I was digging into making a realtime telemetry tool, it sure would be nice if OutGaugePack had included steering wheel angle, but I suspect that is a PAIN to change since it would effect others using it by changing size.
- Any chance of an InSim message, or a command to print the locally used setup? I know you can see it on F12, but that doesn't help my AIRS driver safety check that it used the correct setup. To be fair I understand if that would be a waste of your time since I'm probably the only one to find this useful. I had hoped that it was in Display2[] on OutGuagePack but no such luck.
Attached images
20160810122139_screenshot.png
Hi Tim,

Thanks for the reasonable requests. I'm a bit busy with some graphical improvements, so don't want to think too hard about this yet, but you are welcome to remind me of them after the next test patch.

About the controllers, please can you try with P2? The controller initialisation is better and the FF device is automatically detected.
Yup, P2 is working, I shall try staying with the patches a bit better, especially when the notes include improvements to something I had issue with! Thanks and keep at it!
Quote from Scawen :I'm a bit busy with some graphical improvements

Congratulations, you got me hyped. Big grin
Quote from nacim :Congratulations, you got me hyped. Big grin

Don't please! or else I will jump too on the almost empty hype train!

I bet it's something about VR. Tilt
VWS and New tyre physics Pls!
Nah new graphics more important SmileThumbs up
Scawen you should say what exactly you are working on to prevent people from building up some unrealistic expectations and geting unnecessarily hyped. That never ends well.
Quote from lfsrm :Don't please! or else I will jump too on the almost empty hype train!

I bet it's something about VR. Tilt

I'm hyped for every LFS update, especially graphical ones, even really minor like new road shader, and I even already have an idea of what it can be, and for me it's not VR related Smile
Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd be happy with every update that can improve my LFS experience.
Quote from Amynue :Scawen you should say what exactly you are working on to prevent people from building up some unrealistic expectations and geting unnecessarily hyped. That never ends well.

Scawen is always Vague on his forum post about any new updates. Would have thought he would learn to be not so vague, but I guess not. I'm just waiting for him to add Nigel Farage as a Marshall
Quote from super_gt :NO,it is not more important

Actually, I think that if ScaViEr want to make LFS alive again by bringing back people, I think that graphics updates are more important than "under the hood" physics. At least add a HDR pipeline (with Bloom), PBR rendering and cascaded shadow mapping, so it looks more like a 2012+ game.
Well I just say, any update is welcome, but as always, it's okay if it takes so long how it takes. Except that one little controller problem I have, still no answer yet.
No... I don't care graphics....
-
(borja_s13) DELETED by borja_s13 : Its not a bug report
Well, I can understand why somebody asked if Scawen is alive (the test patch did progress normally, and then complete silence...), I found that one "on topic". And I'm glad Scawen did respond. And I have a twitch to post some comment about that too, like many of you... but:

Quote :PLEASE TEST BEFORE YOU POST

PLEASE AVOID : OFF-TOPIC FEATURE REQUESTS / UNRELATED COMMENTS

So, can you, please, move the guess posts somewhere else, like general forum, and let this thread stay about P2? I bet this is somewhat annoying for Scawen (for me it is), including this very post, as when he sees a new post here, he expects P2 bug report, and when I see new post here, I expect either that, or Scawen's report about progress / P3.
Quote from Ped7g :Well, I can understand why somebody asked if Scawen is alive (the test patch did progress normally, and then complete silence...), I found that one "on topic". And I'm glad Scawen did respond. And I have a twitch to post some comment about that too, like many of you... but:

So, can you, please, move the guess posts somewhere else, like general forum, and let this thread stay about P2? I bet this is somewhat annoying for Scawen (for me it is), including this very post, as when he sees a new post here, he expects P2 bug report, and when I see new post here, I expect either that, or Scawen's report about progress / P3.

+1 for sure
Quote from Scawen :Hi Tim,

I'm a bit busy with some graphical improvements

I am buying LFS S3 this friday Smile
Quote from racer autov8 :couldn't wait until friday? Big grin

Who knows, probably he could not wait, but it can be also he simply could afford it earlier than expected
Quote from racer autov8 :couldn't wait until friday? Big grin

No Big grin

Rockingham is above most of the tracks in regards to quality... just saying.
I'm still working on the graphical update and hope to release a compatible test this weekend.

FOR HOSTING ONLY

For hosts, if you have experienced the WOULDBLOCK error, I have updated the first post with an update for the dedicated server.

The send buffer for UDP car position packets has been increased in size.
This may prevent errors such as "UDP ERROR (27) : WOULDBLOCK" on busy servers.

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/89703-Test-Patch-0-6P2
Thanks Scawen, I can't wait to see the improvements! Smile
thanks
This thread is closed

Test Patch 0.6P2 (now P9)
(262 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG