The online racing simulator
Drifters Out There What Do U Slide Ur Beast With?
How sweet was that title, ok hey im getting a new driving wheel soon wat should i get im a drifter but i still race and i need a gear shifter its a must for me so any ideas just post the wheel type and it will be great guys.CHEERS.
Visit my designs @ www.VTcommodoredesigns.tk & www.capadriftteam.tk
driving force pro... search man search rscnet and here.
Cheers
whats the turning radius of the wheel do u know?
Other then that it lo0oks really nice logitec are a great company with very cheap prices 2.
www.VTcommodoredesigns.tk
Radius is about 110mm or thereabouts. not sure why thats important though, it's kind of a standard PC wheel size...
ehhhhhhhhhhhhh
thnx, its important because my mate bought an imported ( dodgy) MOMO racing wheel and it was ment to be real and it wasnt and it was very small im talking TINY like ur hands were just small enough to hold onto it dude.
NE who i wont babble on thnx but il think about getting it.
using a ms wheel and pedals without force feedback , but i just bought some logitech momo force feedback wheel and pedals should be here tomorrow or wednesday
Vaseline and a lot of TLC.
I have a good advice: Buy the wheel but do not drift. Instead learn to race.

Drifting is the cancer of LFS.
Here we go again. I suggest the DFP. Best feel IMO.
Quote from VTcommodore :thnx, its important because my mate bought an imported ( dodgy) MOMO racing wheel and it was ment to be real and it wasnt and it was very small im talking TINY like ur hands were just small enough to hold onto it dude.
NE who i wont babble on thnx but il think about getting it.

Most mass-market PC driving wheels are pretty small. Unless you pay big money for the really nice ones, you're going to get a wheel that's a lot smaller than your average road car.
I use DFP too. Excellent wheel after practise, and it is a little small, but that doesn't stop it from being a good wheel.
The closest i've found to average size real car wheel was a shitty $40 non-ffb wheel.
Quote from deggis :I have a good advice: Buy the wheel but do not drift. Instead learn to race.
Drifting is the cancer of LFS.

Why does drifting have to be a bad thing. They both require skill and complement each other....sorry didnt mean to get off topic!
Quote from Mazstermind :Why does drifting have to be a bad thing. They both require skill and complement each other....sorry didnt mean to get off topic!

Hehe, It is best to not argue about these things. Alot of racers are against drifters, for reasons they might have seen one drifter on a race server.
Which even real drifters don't like, but we can't stop it. Just go with the flow.
I am a racer and I also drift when I am bored, it's a fun thing to do.
I think TSW sells a 13" Nascar-style wheel... should be big enough for just about anyone

No FFB, though.
Quote from nism0 :Hehe, It is best to not argue about these things. Alot of racers are against drifters, for reasons they might have seen one drifter on a race server.
Which even real drifters don't like, but we can't stop it. Just go with the flow.
I am a racer and I also drift when I am bored, it's a fun thing to do.

its ignorance. jump on the hate drifting bandwagon of ignorance
Oh i see, so the drifter is allowed to openly call all of us "grippers" (or as the rest of the REAL world knows us as "racers") a bunch of ignorants?

Allrighty.... just take note who's the first one to start flinging mud.

Typical drifter attitute.
I fart in your general direction drifters

Meant to be taken lightly
just more pointless, stupid, immature hostility.
Quote from Mazstermind :Why does drifting have to be a bad thing. They both require skill and complement each other....sorry didnt mean to get off topic!

I agree. I do regular racing and drifting and I don't get what the point is about one style hating the other. I primarily drift but if I have someone to race I will.
#19 - Gunn
If any person deliberately posts a comment that they know will put down another person or group and they know that such attitudes towards others are likely to start an argument or flame war, or otherwise be taken disrespectfully, then they have made a very immature post indeed.

If you insist on stereotyping each other and being outright nasty towards each other then I'd be interested to see your reasoning behind this fruitless behaviour that can only lead to grief.

If you don't like something and you aren't a part of it then why post negative comments at those who do? For those who like to bait others: stop wasting your time, go and do something you like doing instead of spreading misery in other people's faces.

Live and let live.
if u have a crap opinion keep it too ur self.
Ok this was just a lil post so i could decide in the choice of which wheel to get.
Why do drifters hate racers and the other way around?
Drifters raced in the 1st place so why hate what they started doing?
and also dont call ppl grippers it sounds crap racers is a sweet normal name.
drifting is just a faster way around a corner i dont see why ppl have to make a fuss over that. i normal drift but i still do enduro racing and sprints all the time.
P.S. thanks for the help the DFP sounds and looks nice to drive with.
END OF POSTING dont drag this out any more
CHEERS
#21 - Vesa
Quote from Gabkicks :its ignorance. jump on the hate drifting bandwagon of ignorance

Ah, but you know what ignorance is...
I dont get why u guys are still going on about this.
LOL agian il say it CHEERS
....slow day.....

Most wheels made for PCs out there are alot smaller than real ones.
I think most ppl couldn't have a full size wheel due to space requirements.
LOL i drove my friends lowrider once. it had one a them chrome chain wheels.
It's actually slightly smaller in diameter than your standard PC wheel.
Plus in the summer that wheel got hot as hell and sweated - but I'm rambling.

anyways most wheels are pretty small in Diameter.

@ gunn. Yeah, you're right... looks like you're shaping into a decent Moderator

@ commodore when drifting, you don't take the turns faster, it's
just more stylish*

* I have noticed in rally, that if I get a little oversteer and drift a little
before the apex of the turn, it does lower my time somewhat, but that's
not really the LFS definition of drifting.
I think the LFS definition is: slide like hell!

@ gunn again. Maybe there should be a sub forum, thread or whatever
called DRIFT vs GRIP: The Saga Continues and let ppl go at it there.
That could be fun as long as everyone participating had thick skin and wouldn't take it seriously.

I dunno every time I tried my hand at drifting, I kinda felt like a one legged man in an ass kicking contest. LOL i do my best drifting on a race server and that's by accident :P
BLAH BLAH BLAH Why go on and on..........
@ commodore when drifting, you don't take the turns faster, it's
just more stylish*
Umm check a few times that ppl have done around the tracks doing dynamic drifting they have beaten race lap records by a couple of tenths.
And of cause i know its a style dude wat u take me for a stupid drunk 16 yr old?
I've never seen anyone drift in a car faster then what you can get by racing. You have far more speed going through a turn with full grip.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG