The online racing simulator
The new Files section
(64 posts, started )
The new Files section
I would like to introduce the new Files section of this website.

The first category of files it contains is car setups. The need for a central repository arose when it became apparent that the existing ones were no longer properly maintained.
So now if you are in need of a new setup for a certain car / track combination or purpose, the new Files section will be a good place to start. You can filter by classification and access level and sort by a range of values. The default is sorted by Rating. That reminds me to hint at you that setups can be rated, if you are logged in.
You are also encouraged to upload your own setups, so that the collection can grow and be as useful as possible. You can classify your setups, indicate which track(s) they can be used on, add notes and set accessibility (Public, Team and Private).
If you have hotlaps uploaded at LFS World, you can also import all or some of the setups used with them, with a few clicks. These extracted setups will remain bound to the hotlap, which makes for an interesting piece of information to show alongside all other car setup details.

I think this first section will be very useful for many people. The idea is to add more file categories in the future, making it even more useful.

Enjoy!
Well, I've said it many times, but this is very useful and a must-have for LFS! Thanks!
Quote from Victor :The first category of files it contains is car setups.

What other categories are planned?

On this thought - maybe you can make similar section for skins,where users can mark uploaded skins as public,by that making them visible/downloadable for others?
A little of topic (sorry about it) but how to show "attachements" which were uploaded before the "new site" ?

e: too bad, thank you for taking time to answer anyway.
Great stuff! ... that needs improvement though Smile
A table for setups would be nice, similar to what inferno or setupgrid had. Easier to search.

Also, can't find the way to add comment on a setup I uploaded, not imported from "Hotlaps" section
#6 - Bean0
Quote from 1303s_vortech :A little of topic (sorry about it) but how to show "attachements" which were uploaded before the "new site" ?

There is currently no page where you can view your uploaded attachments, if that is what you mean.
Quote from Bean0 :Is this what you mean ?

https://www.lfs.net/files/setups

Smile

Exactly!! Smile
Tnx!Thumbs up

EDIT: btw, just uploaded and made public an FXR@AS5 set, but it's not showing in the table?
Need to add comment on that one, but can't find the way how to (mentioned in my first post on this page)?
#9 - MrSam
It would be nice to send all setups to lfs (his account) as for skins for € 1 or £ 1. it would recover its setups after a system reinstallation Smile
Quote from MrSam :It would be nice to send all setups to lfs (his account) as for skins for € 1 or £ 1. it would recover its setups after a system reinstallation Smile

You can do that for free, if I understood the change well? And it's up to you whether you would make those sets accessible to you only, your team or public.
Seems like it's only wr setup, not personnal setups
Quote from sermilan :Exactly!! Smile
Tnx!Thumbs up

EDIT: btw, just uploaded and made public an FXR@AS5 set, but it's not showing in the table?
Need to add comment on that one, but can't find the way how to (mentioned in my first post on this page)?

As no track for the setup is set, it's in the 'unknown tracks' listing :
https://www.lfs.net/files/setups/FXR/unknown
Quote from MrSam :Seems like it's only wr setup, not personnal setups

If you are referring to the hotlap setup import, they are regarding all your hotlaps. Not just wr's. In fact, wr's are in no way used for the setups section (except for calculating laptime differences).
Quote from Victor :As no track for the setup is set, it's in the 'unknown tracks' listing :
https://www.lfs.net/files/setups/FXR/unknown

How to edit or set those details, in the first place? You should make it available through the uploading process (I suppose many of us have basic computer skills and those options should be more obvious).
Quote from MrSam :Seems like it's only wr setup, not personnal setups

You can drag and drop all of your setups here if you want to (if I understood right).
yes and you can edit setup properties there as well, by selecting a setup from that overview.
Quote from sermilan :You can drag and drop all of your setups here if you want to (if I understood right).

Very nice thank you, i love it Smile
Quote from Victor :yes and you can edit setup properties there as well, by selecting a setup from that overview.

OK, got in now, tnx! Smile
So, left click on the set name opens the page with properties (for all of us who are a bit "slow" on technical things Wink )

EDIT:
Btw, very happy to FINALLY see the sets available on an official LFS spot Wink
An option to select a specific driver's sets would be nice too
(if you have a favorite setup maker whose sets suits you better than others...)
Hi, This is a little off-topic however, If I could have an old LFS installation of the old Westhill 1.0 that would be nice, I have a lot of memories with it and would love keeping a copy to watch some old .mprs Smile
--
As for the new addition that's actually very cool stuff, I'll make sure to upload some of my setups. Smile

Thanks, and feel free to delete the off-topic part Wink
This is going to be very useful for starters
Great stuff, indeed!
Quote from sermilan :An option to select a specific driver's sets would be nice too
(if you have a favorite setup maker whose sets suits you better than others...)

You can now go directly to someone's setups by clicking on a username, anywhere on the site, and selecting Car Setups from the drop down menu.
Quote from Victor :You can now go directly to someone's setups by clicking on a username, anywhere on the site, and selecting Car Setups from the drop down menu.

Thank you! Thumbs up

The new Files section
(64 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG