The online racing simulator
Team access to setups is now functional as well.
The team editor on lfsworld still needs to be used to compose the members of a team, which is an editor that can do with improvement .. but the access bit on the setup side here works at least.
Quote from Victor :Team access to setups is now functional as well.
The team editor on lfsworld still needs to be used to compose the members of a team, which is an editor that can do with improvement .. but the access bit on the setup side here works at least.

How do we view the list of team setups? Is this bit live yet?
Hm there's no such list atm. It's just that any team member's setups will now be visible in the existing lists, where previously they would not (as well as setup details page and setup download), provided they have set the setup access level to Team.

I suppose you would like a way to only see team setups?
Quote from Victor :Hm there's no such list atm. It's just that any team member's setups will now be visible in the existing lists, where previously they would not (as well as setup details page and setup download), provided they have set the setup access level to Team.

I suppose you would like a way to only see team setups?

Yes, perhaps a completely separate grid for private/team setups. The only reason I'm suggesting that is because it's just a nicer way to sift through potentially hundreds of setups.

The current method of finding team setups is hit and miss because it's not obvious whether a grid cell contains team setups or not.

Edit: Either that or just display a different colour on a cell that contains private/team setups? Or just do it through the filter?
I definitely see the relevance and will think about it for a bit.
I've added an extra filter for private / team (+private) / any.
I've removed the submit button as that's just an annoying extra click.
Your settings now also persist for the duration of your browsing session, for consistency.
Well I can definitely see team and private setups when I use the accessibility option. However I also see this:

You're in my team now? Big grin - Also, that setup of yours is marked as private even though it appears in my team setups:

That setup was set to private, but was also a forum post attachment. And in that case it automatically becomes public again. I'm now displaying public in that case.

The filtering issue should be solved now, too.

EDIT - one thing i wonder about though .. if you set a setup to Team, and then set the browsing filter to private, you won't see that setup at the moment.
The logic now is that you only want setups set to Private. But my mind tells me that when I set the filter to Private, I want my setups. But then I'd have to change the wording of the filter, as its meaning slightly changes.

I wonder how you see it?

EDIT 2 - the filter would then have these options :
any setups
my team's setups
my setups
Why not have four options?

All setups
My Team's setups
Private
My setups (which would be anything I've uploaded with any classification)
Quote from pik_d :Why not have four options?

All setups
My Team's setups
Private
My setups (which would be anything I've uploaded with any classification)

Yes, pik_d has a good point here. There are cases where you might want to see ALL of your own setups but there are cases where you would only want to see team setups or private setups. The wording could be:

- All setups
- My team setups
- My private setups
- My setups

Another potential sticking point... What if you're in two teams (like I am), how do we decide which team to share the setups with? I appreciate this is a niche issue, but I thought it was worth mentioning.
Also a few suggestions that may have been overlooked:

The ability to mark sets with more than one classification. For example many UF1/XFG/XRG sets can be used for qual/sprint/endurance without any changes.

Daniel said that if a set is named "XFG_BL1_Nilex.set" or "XFG_BL1 Nilex.set" it should be marked as a BL1 set automatically. I think that's a pretty good idea.

But if a set is called XFG_BL1Race.set it shouldn't set as BL1R (or BL1) because it's slightly ambiguous even though it's obviously a BL1 Race set, not a BL1R ace set Big grin
It's now :
- All setups
- My team setups
- My private setups
- My public setups
- My setups
Filter needed?
Quote from Victor :It's now :
- All setups
- My team setups
- My private setups
- My public setups
- My setups

Just looking through the car setups screen and adding my setups, I see there may be a need for a filter by controller, i.e: Wheel or Mouse, while I use a wheel only some sets are made for a mouse as well?

Also the ability to edit the set name after upload would make it easier to associate with track automatically . For example I have many sets just called Shanny_test a3 or similar meaning my set for Aston National I don't want to hunt for and rename to std conventions before I upload, but once there it's easier to rename to give proper meaning to the set?
However, kudos to you Victor for the continued bug fixing and addition of features, it's awesome
Shannon
Regarding controller type, I don't necessarily have that information. Only if a setup is extracted from a hotlap can I know what controller was used with it. So for full usability that would have to become one more option people have to fill in themselves.

Setup names can now be edited. You can use pretty much any UTF8 character you like, and LFS colour codes are allowed as well. Note that setup names can only be 15 (normal) characters long.

I've also done some track and class auto detection on the existing setups. The same check will also be applied to newly added setups.
Very cool. What checks are used to determine class?
Just a check on these words : drift, dr!ft, rally, sprint, endu, cruise, stunt, drag, quali
Quote from Victor :Regarding controller type, I don't necessarily have that information. Only if a setup is extracted from a hotlap can I know what controller was used with it. So for full usability that would have to become one more option people have to fill in themselves.

Setup names can now be edited. You can use pretty much any UTF8 character you like, and LFS colour codes are allowed as well. Note that setup names can only be 15 (normal) characters long.

I've also done some track and class auto detection on the existing setups. The same check will also be applied to newly added setups.

Hi Victor, always meant we need an extra field to manually add that info
This setup has maximum lock of 36° in game but on the setup info page it says 45°.

Good job on the setup pages btw Thumbs up

Edit: Can we move this thread to the Setups section now that it's more about the setup database?
hmyeah, seems it's the wrong way around. I've fixed it in my version.
A small suggestion: could we see the number of votes next to the rating stars? I think a solo rating without the number doesnt do much as it can be an 5-star based on a single rating and also 4-star with 20 ratings. It would help a lot in judging whether a player wants to download that setup or not.
I imagined it this way:
Attached images
Untitled.png
You can see the number of votes on mouse hover, but I agree it would be easier to see it right away.

Or by the way, perhaps revise the rating system like this? Cool
Quote from Flame CZE :You can see the number of votes on mouse hover, but I agree it would be easier to see it right away.
Or by the way, perhaps revise the rating system like this? Cool

I looked at those formulas and thought whaat?! Big grin My brain hurts Big grin Anyway, it would be great to have a great and accurate rating system because, as I said, most of us decide by ratings.
Just found this thread : wow Victor, nice idea and project Big grin
I will give a look when at home Thumbs up

edit : did a global rockingham hotlaps setup upload, and I see that for FXR RO7, RO10 and RO11 are not appearing on the "Car Setup" Menu under FXR.
Quote from Flotch :Just found this thread : wow Victor, nice idea and project Big grin
I will give a look when at home Thumbs up

edit : did a global rockingham hotlaps setup upload, and I see that for FXR RO7, RO10 and RO11 are not appearing on the "Car Setup" Menu under FXR.

Did you use the exact same set for multiple configurations?

Team Inferno Setup Field webpage (now : LFS' own setup database)
(105 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG