The online racing simulator
Quote from mbutcher :Maybe someone can rename the thread to avoid confusion?

This is even in the wrong section now, it's not a bug report anymore haha
I've added basic functionality for maintaining your own setups. I'm curious for any feedback.

You can upload setups there by dragging and dropping them onto the screen.
Setups that you upload on the forum will also be added.
Setups that you already had uploaded before now should also be available on that page already.

When you upload a setup, it checks if it's an exact duplicate of one that is already uploaded. If it is, it skips the new upload.
If the new setup is a replacement of an existing one (same name), then the old one will be replaced by the new one.

You can set access permissions to private, team and public. Team is the same as private atm. Need to check team stuff a bit and maybe rearrange that. Note that access permissions will be ignored if the setup is used as an attachment on the forums. These are public by nature.
You can add a classification, tracks and a note to the setup.

These latter options will be used later on in the public setup viewer.

But I'd like to hear your thoughts on this first part. I'm not sure if the setup overview page will do. I tried to keep it in same style as the skins page, but setup might need a different approach - mostly if you have a lot of setups.
It's all lovely from what I can tell! I'm looking forward to see what you do with the team and public setup field.

Thumbs up
I noticed there was no mention of intake restriction. This would be a particularly handy value to have displayed prominently on the setup details screen (Eg. For GT2/3 setups).
Looks pretty amazing, great to see this happening here finally.

One suggestion is to mark setups as more than one classification. There's plenty of cars where the same set could be used for a sprint and endurance, for example.
Quote from mbutcher :I noticed there was no mention of intake restriction. This would be a particularly handy value to have displayed prominently on the setup details screen (Eg. For GT2/3 setups).

Added a Handicaps block. If you don't see it, the car has no handicaps.
How exactly do I add or get access to a full setup database with this?

EDIT: My bad didn't realise a full public search for setups was a feature yet!
I'm still working on the public browsing part. That's the next phase. Right now you can only upload setups.
I uploaded a setup for test, commentented, all worked.
The text "Drag your setups here to upload them" could look more like a Drag&Drop area, like the one used for skins upload.

Quote from Victor :When you upload a setup, it checks if it's an exact duplicate of one that is already uploaded. If it is, it skips the new upload.

It might be good to still allow uploads of the same setup. Several people might get the same setup from the same source (other forums or getting sent it online) and might want to upload it, just to have it listed in 'their' collection.
Or maybe have a button: [Add to my collection] or so?

In same way it would still have to be combined, so that public comments & ratings stay in sync across all uploads of the same set.

Quote :But I'd like to hear your thoughts on this first part. I'm not sure if the setup overview page will do. I tried to keep it in same style as the skins page, but setup might need a different approach - mostly if you have a lot of setups.

It is already useful if only to organize your own setups with notes like "tires lasted for 45 laps" or laptimes etc. (I was always too lazy to use an excel sheet or such)
Looks good. I uploaded a set, it read locked diff as viscous diff. I'm not sure about the accuracy of the rest as it's just off the top of my head.

Could there also be a field to put what version of LFS the set is made in and for that to be searchable?
Quote from Gutholz :I uploaded a setup for test, commentented, all worked.
The text "Drag your setups here to upload them" could look more like a Drag&Drop area, like the one used for skins upload.

It might be good to still allow uploads of the same setup. Several people might get the same setup from the same source (other forums or getting sent it online) and might want to upload it, just to have it listed in 'their' collection.
Or maybe have a button: [Add to my collection] or so?

In same way it would still have to be combined, so that public comments & ratings stay in sync across all uploads of the same set.

It is already useful if only to organize your own setups with notes like "tires lasted for 45 laps" or laptimes etc. (I was always too lazy to use an excel sheet or such)

It does allow uploads of the same setup, across different users. But if you upload a setup that you already have, it will skip the new upload.
On the public pages I'll deduplicate those setups while totaling their stats.

An 'Add to my collection' button will be useful indeed.

Quote from englishlord :Looks good. I uploaded a set, it read locked diff as viscous diff. I'm not sure about the accuracy of the rest as it's just off the top of my head.

Could there also be a field to put what version of LFS the set is made in and for that to be searchable?

Could you share the setup (here or email)? Or just upload it on your account (again) so I can grab it for a test?

I'll have a look at LFS versions.
Have added the LFS Version option.
Ah now I see. Fixed that in my version.
Quote from Mondbrot :Users can add their best time to the set

If only LFS itself saved that data by itself...

(I know this is not needed for a first iteration of the setup database)
- If you are using a known setup (the hash is on the database) your best times could be auto-saved.
- Setup uploaders could get some credit, because we'll have usage metrics, so we'll know what people upload the more used setups, for example.
- We could use the metrics to determine if a setup is for hotlapping/sprint/endurance based on taces done using them. If you see that is used lot of times for endurance, despite the uploader saying it is only good for sprint races, you would know that people find it still usable.

- We should be able to download, at least our own/team setups from inside the game. And add the notes field to the game interface.
- We also should be able to download our own skins automatically, instead of having to upload and copy/paste them in our LFS folder. (kind of off-topic but related to the suggestion above)
I really like it! One small suggestion, when the public browsing will be available, it would be good to be able to post comments and feedback on a single setup's page.
Ok the next part is now available : hotlap setup import.
If you have hotlaps uploaded at LFS World, you will see an "Import your hotlap setups" button on your setups page.
Clicking that will give you an overview of your hotlaps allowing you to select from which you want to extract the setups. You can also indicate the access level you want to give them (private, team, public).
The importer will automatically fill in all car setup details like the track it was driven on and it will keep a record of the hotlap it was extracted from, so that this information can be printed on other pages. That reminds me I still have to do that.

The public setup browser is coming along nicely and is nearing completion. Could be out later tonight, or otherwise tomorrow.
That's a pretty cool feature, but some of mine didn't work (109 out of 124 worked).

The error received is:

SPR Error : SPR does not exist. The full absolute path + filename is epxected.

These are the hotlaps of mine that didn't work:

SO sprint2 / FOX
SO sprint2 / FBM
SO sprint2 / RB4
SO sprint2 / XRG
SO sprint2 rev / FOX
SO sprint1 / FOX
SO sprint1 / FBM
SO sprint1 / XRG
AS national / XRG
AS grand prix / FO8
AS grand prix / XRR
AS grand prix / FOX
AS grand prix / FBM
AS grand prix / XRG
AS grand trng / XRG

Those are all of my SO2/SO3(R) hotlaps, and all of my AS5 hotlaps, but I have other AS3/AS6 hotlaps that did work, so I'm not sure whats going on.
Could you try once again? I will then get some more debug information and can have a closer look.
You can simply and safely select all your hotlaps and import them again. It will skip those that are already imported.
ok thanks, those should be fixed now. Try again please.
Here is the url for the public pages : https://www.lfs.net/files
This will get its own link in the menu bar, but for now i'm keeping the link in this thread only, so you guys can give it a test.
The main setup listing is a bit empty atm, but that's because pretty much all of the current setups were imported from forum attachments, for which I had no classification or track usage data.
Hopefully people will fill in this information and that reminds me I need to make those values editable more easily, directly before or after upload.
Works now, except my displayed number of setups doesn't match up with how many hotlaps I imported.

"Out of 124 hotlaps, 0 setups have been extracted."

No Filter: "Displaying 121 setups. Drag your setups here to upload them."

The following sets get skipped because it says they're already imported, but they don't show up in the list.

AS grand prix / XRG
AS grand trng / XRG
AS national / XRG

I suppose it's possible I used the same set for a few XRG Aston combos, but if that's why those weren't uploaded it would be nice to get something indicating that.

Also I'd like to request that the table of setups per car be sorted alphabetically. It's a bit of a mess as it is now.
Attached images
XRGSets.JPG
This looks terrific!
The old setup names seem to have confused the file attachment setup grabber.

For example there are plenty of unknown setups named "FXO_GTR" or "FZ5_GTR" listed under FXO or FZ5 instead of FXR and FZR.
Apart from the bugs pik_d mentioned, I can't see any other issues at this moment in time.

Team Inferno Setup Field webpage (now : LFS' own setup database)
(105 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG