The online racing simulator

Poll : drive to race

no
yes
maybe
dont care
It's not a cool and realistic idea because:

-Any Car past FZ50 is track use only, so illegal to drive on roads
-Devs would have to make trucks, boats, tow trucks and garages (To repair the truck when it breaks..)
-I don't feel like driving from Quebec to Fern Bay each time a I want to drift...
-Blackwood isn't clearly located on Google Map, so it'd take hours to go to it
If we had to drive to the race, my car would b the most smashed up car in the whole race!!!!!!!!
Quote from Patussay :instead of that, i think it would be nice to drive from pits to the start grid, a little detail that would make the game a bit better. obviously after qualyfication(if there is) you have to park in the pits, and then when the race its going to start, you have to drive to the grid

i like that..

but only for long league races.
it took me 2 months to get to the BMW F1 challenge in TOCA 3. I just gave up on it after a while and went for cheats. brinking back the points system in LFS makes most people search for point generators. and while they're there they might as well pick up a key generator and crack LFS. If you want points in LFS, go back to S1 or more recently patch Q.

EDIT: wrong thread again!
#30 - Gunn
-1. This idea has no merit at all.
I drive home from work and play LFS. That's good enough for me.
Quote from iluuv2sk8 :i was looking through all my old ps2 driving games and i found a game that insted of it just poping you to the race you accually had to drive to the race urself(you can turn this off in options but i hought it was more fun and realistic with it). so there is a map in the corner with all the race track positions on it and you can just drive to ur house pick the car you want and then drive to the race and if you damage ur car on the way then you have to race with it damaged. and i was thinkin that this would be really cool in lfs. you maybe even need to put ur car on a trailer or somethin to get it there.but anyway tell me if you thin this would be cool or not.thanks

what is this game called,?
Fortunately, the LFS tracks are all located in the motorsport equivalent of a theme park.

We have Jamaca Zone, England Zone & Japan Zone. It takes no more than 2 minutes to drive your car from one zone to another (although cars must be scrutineered each time they change zones, and after any contact on the track).
Quote from Patussay :instead of that, i think it would be nice to drive from pits to the start grid, a little detail that would make the game a bit better. obviously after qualyfication(if there is) you have to park in the pits, and then when the race its going to start, you have to drive to the grid

Quote from Falcon140 :i like that..

but only for long league races.

hmm, yeah, it wouldnt be very usefull for pick up races were everyone wants to race "now now now!". But i think it would be nice as a option for league races, i dont see nothing bad having it as a option, it could be a nice addition to the game experience in leagues
Quote : -Blackwood isn't clearly located on Google Map, so it'd take hours to go to it

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ ... .040383&z=15&om=1
Zoom out a click to see it's Blackwood, other end of the M4 to it's fictional location at Brooklands.

The track is kinda represented too (mirrored) in the layout of a housing estate, look for Bryn Rd as the backstraight. There's even a road that sort of shows the RallyX link, Grange Hill.
Quote from Highsider9 :Driving from Fern Bay to Kyoto must be fun.

LOL bwahahahahahaha aheah heah aaahhehhaeehaea ahheheh aeae ehaeha e!

:uglyhamme:
Quote from CodieMorgan :LOL bwahahahahahaha aheah heah aaahhehhaeehaea ahheheh aeae ehaeha e!

:uglyhamme:

Thanks Becky for the map
#38 - Resu
Quote from evilgeek :oh ya, because LFS needs to be more like GTA/SA? can we get out of our cars and shoot each other in the face after a T1 crash too?

LOL!
What game Test drive Eve of destruction0.o? oh well i think its a great idea Black wood to Aston WEWT
#40 - Lyen
OLD POSTS

Driven to destruction (Test drive Eve of destruction) was what got me into racing games. If you have an old PS2 this is well worth getting, its like £0.50p in many second hand retailers. It was good for the time, had a good concept behind it too.
O K !
I like the idea of having to drive from the paddock to the grid with strict speed limits and so-on. But maybe only for proper race days and events... It's the sort of thing that would encourage the less experienced drivers to leave the server in order to find more instant gratification elsewhere...
One of the most stupid ideas I have ever seen.
It actually worked really well for DtD, as far as immersion in the game world went. You actually felt like an actual mid-west-american redneck. But for lfs - nah, wouldn't work.
DtD's cut-scenes were absolutely brilliant too - "It's kinda like a roundy-round... Crash-up derby" - Classic!

edit: found it!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG