The online racing simulator

Poll : drive to race

no
yes
maybe
dont care
cool idea(or not) [driving to race]
i was looking through all my old ps2 driving games and i found a game that insted of it just poping you to the race you accually had to drive to the race urself(you can turn this off in options but i hought it was more fun and realistic with it). so there is a map in the corner with all the race track positions on it and you can just drive to ur house pick the car you want and then drive to the race and if you damage ur car on the way then you have to race with it damaged. and i was thinkin that this would be really cool in lfs. you maybe even need to put ur car on a trailer or somethin to get it there.but anyway tell me if you thin this would be cool or not.thanks
waste of time.
there is:
Crap
Arcade
Simulation
Too Far

This fits into the too far catagory.

Not being harsh, just saying it how i think it is.

Driving from Fern Bay to Kyoto must be fun.
:ices_rofl
That would be great!

Tho this maybe is the crazyest idea I ever have heard for LFS, would be fun if it was possible, but I don`t think that would be possible
Think of all the sabotage that would happend, people would crashed each other on the way to the race, so that their opponents would be starting with damaged cars.

I vote maybe, because it sounds fun, but too many bad sides about it and because it sounds kind of impossible to implent in LFS, but fun it would be
#6 - Gil07
No. I have LFS to get in and race, not to get in a boat to Japan then drive some 1000 kms to finally be able to race. No thanks
Quote from The Very End ::ices_rofl
That would be great!

Tho this maybe is the crazyest idea I ever have heard for LFS, would be fun if it was possible, but I don`t think that would be possible
Think of all the sabotage that would happend, people would crashed each other on the way to the race, so that their opponents would be starting with damaged cars.

I vote maybe, because it sounds fun, but too many bad sides about it and because it sounds kind of impossible to implent in LFS, but fun it would be

im with this guy
instead of that, i think it would be nice to drive from pits to the start grid, a little detail that would make the game a bit better. obviously after qualyfication(if there is) you have to park in the pits, and then when the race its going to start, you have to drive to the grid
#9 - Gil07
That's doable I guess... But only worth it in leagues etc. Not in pickup races.
Cool idea. (not) illepall

edit: response to iluuv2sk8
ok the distance would be a probablem but it would be a made up city not the accual world just something too look good and real. and for people damaging other peoples carswe would just get there insurance to pay for it. but really they would still have the pits at the race to fix ur car.
and also like i said you could turn it off in the options menu
need for speed underground 2 perchance?

It gets annoying, wouldn't really add anything, and make it slower to get into an actual race. And what about the ss's? seems silly driving an f1 car around a "city"
Of all the silly ... nah, it's not even worth finishing the sentence.

I don't know Eric or what he thinks about, but I'm willing to place hard cash on him wanting to spend his time making tracks and not the bloody roads between them.

How many RL race series (excluding WRC) have racers driving their cars on public roads between stages anyway?

This isn't even the right section to posting this anyway...
lol

the only thing i'd like to be able to do is drive from track garage to the grid
But Hank, he did say...

Quote :but it would be a made up city not the actual world

Thank goodness for that!
hmmm. but this doesnt happen in real life. (wel not in major races anyway) theres usually a big wagon or something with the car in the back and all the pit crew in another one and so on. mibi if we got to fly a private jet between races it would be fun. but no. definately not. id rather see a proper license system installed that doesnt just rely on you having to sit in a uf1 server all day for weks on end before your able to drive a good car.

personaly i think something like the gran turismo license system, that has actually TESTS, then certain servers good require a certain license. or some servers could be "no license required" servers. it would ad a bit more to it i think.

sorry for going of topic from the thread.
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
I agree with the "or not" part of the title. This is a racing sim, not a life sim.

Not for LFS.

What game was that may I ask though? It sounds interesting.
Very novelty. I could see this getting on peoples nerves very quickly. People have limited time and want to race. Next you'll want police to arrest people who speed on the way to the race track, you have to drive to the petrol station to fill up outside the track (imagine running out of fuel even before you get to the race track, how embarrasing), traffic to sit in and pre-race meetings and safety briefings to sit through. And then you have to drive home before you can quit LFS or your car gets stolen from the track. Or clamped, if left on double yellows.
the game was test drive: eve of destruction. its a good game. good wrecks, lots of jumps, racing with a trailer or another car hooked to ur car figure 8 jump racing, buses,mail trucks. and good old oval racing.
oh ya, because LFS needs to be more like GTA/SA? can we get out of our cars and shoot each other in the face after a T1 crash too?
Quote from Hankstar :How many RL race series (excluding WRC) have racers driving their cars on public roads between stages anyway?

This isn't even the right section to posting this anyway...

I've always thought that it would be a good idea for a R/L series where there were only two rules - the cars must be road legal and that they must be driven between races
Quote from evilgeek :oh ya, because LFS needs to be more like GTA/SA? can we get out of our cars and shoot each other in the face after a T1 crash too?

We need that, for sure
Well, you'd become a truck driver for slick equiped cars between races.

+1 from me... NOT!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG