The online racing simulator
Quote from bogdani.cojocaru :Not sure whats going on here, but it looks like I can't buy it. I can asure you I'm selecting the right card type, which is Maestro. I have previously bought off internet stuff with it so I don't think that's the problem. Help?

From previous experience - Maestro works only from UK here. I also have Maestro,haven't even tried it because of previous experience,using paypal instead - never encountered any problems.
My Paypal account is empty and its too much of a hustle to attach my debit card to it (have to go to the bank, get some sort of history, enter that 4 digit code, bla bla bla). Plus, banks are closed today because sunday. Either way, this sucks.
Quote from bogdani.cojocaru :Not sure whats going on here, but it looks like I can't buy it. I can asure you I'm selecting the right card type, which is Maestro. I have previously bought off internet stuff with it so I don't think that's the problem. Help?

I had a same thing, but I solved my problem by paying via paypal.
Weird country is the one you live in - I tied paypal to my bank account without leaving the comfort of my home...
PS. My paypal account is always empty! Big grin
I even tried making a Skrill account and trying to attach the debit card to it, but guess what, Skrill doesn't accept Maestro either. **** it. I'm done.
12£ for one track !!!! it's Xmas .... for the developpers.
to get the new track you need to buy S3 licence !!!! 12£ for one track !!! no new car, only one track ? it's a joke ?
I cannot believe you made this move, devs.....Don't take me wrong, i find it extremely positive you decided to finnaly move forwards, but not like this!

So let me get this straight: You decided the best course of action was to release a track made 7 years ago, without any other content, for 16€, with the promise that new content will follow, or maybe not ( your words ), to a comunity that begged and bicker, and kept faithfull to this game for all these years????

Shame on you guys, shame on you. But somewhow you actually pulled it off. I am amazed by the number of people that already purchased "S3". I'm not gonna be one of them. Not until i find S3 worth 16€.

I know you guys have the best intentions at heart, but at the moment, i just cannot trust you. You made me think like this. I really hope you guys give to these people something worth more then just a track for their money, and keep strong to your words.

I mean no disrespect with my words, but i had to put them out there.
I'm getting black screen after loading the track with this update. What the hell ?
Quote from digiusto :to get the new track you need to buy S3 licence !!!! 12£ for one track !!! no new car, only one track ? it's a joke ?

Looks like a bad joke, or failed Christmas surprise. (the price for 1 track... "Although S3 content is already being developed, we cannot provide a guarantee that it will be released." )
Will wait for more content for 12£.. pfff.. guys u probably need more money for gifts before Christmas.
peace
Quote from digiusto :to get the new track you need to buy S3 licence !!!! 12£ for one track !!! no new car, only one track ? it's a joke ?

Sigh. You really should read the thread my friend. Let me save you the effort and summarise.
12 quid will get you access to all of the S3 content as it is delivered.
Rockingham is the first piece of S3 content.
The developers of course can't make guarantees on delivery of future content (which is apparently enough to make some people's heads explode)
Thank you for all the positive replies and support! Smile

To the people who are disappointed with us us for only providing one track at the current time: I tried to made it clear, we are working on more S3 content for everyone with an S3 license. It can't be guaranteed because nothing in life is certain. We are respectful of anyone who wants to wait for more content before upgrading their license.
I wad hoping Rockingham to be little bit more cruisable as in the other side of the tunnel there is ton of invisible walls, I was hoping to be able to cruise there or even just on roads, that should have been done before release fully, atlast now. It is very nice done graphicly but you cant go there. Could you update it that you can go there? Smile
how to solve the problem with black screen after loading the track ? Didn't have this issue before updating...
Quote from Ion MD :how to solve the problem with black screen after loading the track ? Didn't have this issue before updating...

I don't know if you have this rare problem, but one old bug I have heard of:

- exit LFS
- open cfg.txt
- find the line "Antialiasing" set it to zero
- save cfg.txt
- restart LFS

If that doesn't work, try deleting the cfg.txt before you start LFS or make a fresh install.

Please let us know how it goes.
Quote from Scawen :I don't know if you have this rare problem, but one old bug I have heard of:

- exit LFS
- open cfg.txt
- find the line "Antialiasing" set it to zero
- save cfg.txt
- restart LFS

If that doesn't work, try deleting the cfg.txt before you start LFS or make a fresh install.

Please let us know how it goes.

it is 0 already in my cfg. strange.. I'll try a new install.
nope. it still not working even after a full reinstall.. But it worked fine in previous version, before the update.

even the replays video can't watch. Problems are with the loading of the content, smth there...
Quote from farcar :Sigh. You really should read the thread my friend. Let me save you the effort and summarise.
12 quid will get you access to all of the S3 content as it is delivered.
Rockingham is the first piece of S3 content.
The developers of course can't make guarantees on delivery of future content (which is apparently enough to make some people's heads explode)

The problem is not the price .... as you write "The developers of course can't make guarantees on delivery of future content" --> That is the big problem, we (the thousands of fans who bought S1 and S2) are waiting for real new content since years. since 2008 we read abour volkswagen sirroco, since years we read in this forum about tire physics .... and what we get after years is .... a new track that we have to pay to see.

Do you really think that all those people who are waiting for so many years will pay 12£ for far far futur other potential content ?? Not me, i'll wait and see.
Happily paied ! You guys have always my support Smile
I have upgraded as soon as I read the email this morning, so I am not going to complain, thanks for the work, you have my support. However, in order to improve graphics and make them more eatable for 2015 I think what we need is to at least triple the ampount of polygons per car...
Quote :
Although S3 content is already being developed, we cannot provide a guarantee that it will be released

So there is a chance that LFS dies with this last update and we don't see any further development, that is what I understand from this

I am going to try the new patch right now but msy purchase has been more a support than an investment for myself. And please, do not waste time with the Scirocco...
Well, People don't blame Scawen please be nice! Smile

Dont worry, S3 is start work progress and will come next update more content soon! Just buy S3 get save and help bug report, later update in future.

Will soon get VWS when finish new tyre physics and some fix, next possible are hide new content update in future. Smile

But still alpha so almost 0.6 version.

Example Version: v1.0 - Release, v0.9 - Beta, v0.8 or less - Alpha.

MAKE LFS GREAT AGAIN!
I'll put it this way: first £12 was for Scawen. Another for Victor. But that affirmative action hire Eric will not get anything from me.
"The developers of course can't make guarantees on delivery of future content"
I probably still a little wait, I hope that not too longUhmm
This thread is closed

New Version 0.6K - Rockingham
(558 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG