The online racing simulator
TEST PATCH 0.6J2 (now J5)
(130 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Gutholz :in that replay one of the skins fails to download and your XRT appears white for me

Thanks for your fast reply. is weird, i check my skins, skins_x , skins_dds folders, and i just have XRT_DEFAULT skin in skins_dds folder and skin is normal(white). i test again, i delete all skins in all folders and works normal again. maybe this is a bug from LFSWord or LFS , because i dont put any skins in my LFS first time i test this patch with this replay on westhill. you can see in my first post LFS saying "cant open: ..." and "could not load file: ...."

Works normal again , anyway
0.6J3 is now available. Thanks for the testing! Thumbs up

Changes from 0.6J2 to 0.6J3 :

Fixes :

Alpha Test textures on cars did not have transparency
LFS could crash on joining server with maximum autocross objects
LFS could get into a bad state after starting a corrupted MPR file
Smoothing groups error made back of South City cinema too dark
Alpha sorting issue on bricks at base of a South City building

VR :

Improved dialog sequence after any error trying to enter VR mode

Training lesson editor :

Enabled the H key (message history toggle) in the training editors
Added checks to make sure the layout and config number are valid

Misc :

More updated translations - thank you translators

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/88636
I have with J2 smooth graphics in AS Historic, and with J3 is the video image extremely jerky. Framerate display show a fake framerate of 50fps in J3.
When we have a layout is best to remove from the lessons of the type, the type of overtaking.
And to add to the "config" checkbox "reverse" (yes/no). There's not enough the description of a field to select a lesson in .txt format. And some limitations on AI.
Quote from aanrus :There's not enough the description of a field to select a lesson in .txt format.

Quote from aanrus :And some limitations on AI.

Can you explain in more detail what you mean by these two points?
Quote from Scawen :Can you explain in more detail what you mean by these two points?

The description of lessons (see screenshots)
pic1 pic2

AI should not participate in the track (layout) in overtaking mode
pic1 pic2
Sorry me for the translate...
Attached images
lfs_00000159.png
lfs_00000158.png
lfs_00000162.png
lfs_00000161.png
Might be completely offtopic and unrelated to testing (sorry for that), but I wanted to add 0.6J3 to our version history page on LFS Manual and I can't edit wiki pages. None of them. I always get an instant "Server error 500" with description "The website encountered an error while retrieving http://en.lfsmanual.net/index.php?title=Version_History_(complete)&action=edit. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.".
I'm on Chrome 47.0.2526.80 m (64-bit).
LFSWorld Skins is 2048 available now but In-game say 1024 max, where 2048?
Quote from GT4_PL :LFSWorld Skins is 2048 available now but In-game say 1024 max, where 2048?

Quoted from lfs.net/account/skins:
Quote :LFS currently supports downloading skins of up to 1024 * 1024, but we want to increase this to 2048 * 2048 in the future.
By enabling you to upload skins with higher dimensions in advance, you can already prepare for when LFS supports downloading them.

EDIT: sry for doublepost, had an older version loaded... Big grin
Houston, I have a problem in J3.
I just used the self-extracted file to update to J3 (previously had J2, and kept the exe file), and I got a BSOD on memory (my recent upgrade with 2x 8Go of RAM added to my previous 4Go one is most probably guilty, as when I use only one of the 8Go it is ok).
What is my mistake now ? some files have been deleted during the crash ? Should I do a proper install again ?
Attached images
lfs_00000033.jpg
lfs_00000031.jpg
Flotch, do you have those shaders in your data\shaders folder?
it seems (not expert on what it is, but there are files containing "sh" in the extension)
Attached images
shaders_folder.png
You have a "Live for Speed" folder inside another "Live for Speed" folder. Is that correct?

From the error messages on your LFS screen, it can't see the shaders in the data\shaders folder.
Quote from Flotch :it seems (not expert on what it is, but there are files containing "sh" in the extension)

sometimes weird things happen. try this way: download
PATCH 0.6J TO 0.6J3 (ALTERNATIVE ZIP) , put zip folder in your LFS folder, extract everything and click to replace all files.dont fix your problem? delete your shaders folder and extract again everything in zip folder. i fix some problems about sounds,etc.. just deleting and creating new folder, in this case you have everything in zip folder, so, you dont need creating new one Smile
Quote from Scawen :You have a "Live for Speed" folder inside another "Live for Speed" folder. Is that correct?

From the error messages on your LFS screen, it can't see the shaders in the data\shaders folder.

yep, the Live For Speed (the first) is the "Main" folder. I kept some other versions for nostalgia / replays (demo...), and the "current" version is called "Live For Speed" again Big grin

Quote from Abone :sometimes weird things happen. try this way: download
PATCH 0.6J TO 0.6J3 (ALTERNATIVE ZIP) , put zip folder in your LFS folder, extract everything and click to replace all files.dont fix your problem? delete your shaders folder and extract again everything in zip folder. i fix some problems about sounds,etc.. just deleting and creating new folder, in this case you have everything in zip folder, so, you dont need creating new one Smile

Thumbs up it worked Wink

Thank you for your support !
everything is very well, but i have small 2 notes Smile

First idk if this bug or no but the sunlight reflect on the car is been reflected although when there is object cover that sunlight ..

second note is not related by these patches its just good note i wish if it has been heard..

The concrete grip is so small, I tried to put another texture just to see the squares, so it would be much better if it was more bigger for more better resolution, I wish if the tires skids effect working up the concrete tools base too.

Thanks, really Awesome work! Thumbs up

LFS is awesome :3
Attached images
enb2015_12_4_23_50_10.jpg
enb2015_12_12_13_36_6.jpg
Hi all. These are my conclusions when I was working on the texture reflections for the Revolution Pack June 24th. The documentation was exhaustive and always I'm looking cars on the street every days and in different hours of day(even in every climate conditions).

One of my conclusions has written in this post. I hope can help the work of the Scawen:

https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1393841#post1393841

"Extended information.._

In white colours, depends of the ilumination and the position of the car respect to the sun(in the shadow zones in real life), cars can be more reflexives. Really, the bodywork reflects only the light. Can be reflected in all the light spectrum and each colour depends of the intensity of the ilumination, sunlight position, hour of the day(yes, that is important/inside of the time and angle of the sun respect to the earth, there may be a dispersion of the light inside of the atmosphere and apply some tones), if there are clouds... (even volume and intensity).

The knowledge of the light is important to make realistic addons.

Now some comments respect to the white cars:

In Autocross afternoon overcast, if really exists in real life, white cars doesn't reflect nothing of the scenary, excepts:
- When there are a oblique angle and you see the side._

http://www.wallpaperhi.com/thu ... www.wallpaperhi.com_5.jpg

Another cases in clear day and oblique angle in the oposite side of the sunlight position (But not in all cases)._

https://40.media.tumblr.com/bb ... fk7qXqsY1r75fj6o1_500.jpg

http://www.sandrophoto.com/wp- ... n-white-car-photos-13.jpg

When there are a lot of contrast in the scenary of the light and shadows. Only in this case is reflected the light and his forms(trees, for example)._

http://farm2.static.flickr.co ... 1241281340_2d6f914ea4.jpg

http://www.wallpaperfly.com/t ... er_www.wallmay.com_27.jpg

Cheers."

Really that was my point of reference and balance for all the colours and the real life documentation on the street.

The results can be watched in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F93G1FKRC-M
Just noticed a glitch on a rolled over BF1, South City, Overcast Day
Attached images
lfs_00000007.jpg
@ Scawen

can you add separate button control rate for throttle and brake in new patch?
Can something be done about this ugly aliasing?

Like giving the option to use SMAA? I know, busybusy, lot to do. But I never liked the default 8xAA (8xMLAA) in LFS and it now even got worse with this patch because aliasing is now visible everywhere on the body of the cars. Taped Shut

SMAA is open source, works on DX9 ATI/Nvidia. I tried to inject it with InjectSMAA 1.2 but it doesn't seem to work with LFS or I do something wrong.. It would be great if it was supported by default in the LFS graphics menu wouldn't it?

edit: Eehhm.. It really came to my attention when I watched a stream back, but this was a AA setting which was overruled by Nvidia control panel I discovered .. Only 2xAA instead of the LFS configured 8xAA .. Hm.. Well.. Anyway... I think this SMAA still would be nice, wouldn't it?
dave, try Reshade

you can add any type of AA and others stuff too

just hook the lfs exe with the mediator.exe ( IS the exe from resahade ) go to pipeline and start having fun
OK I tried.. But I didn't experienced any fun. Barely seen any difference in a good way and my GPU heat production sky rocketed with some settings. Not a good idea. I gave up when it made my LFS crash while I tested FXAA instead of SMAA and fiddled with some settings. Maybe the texture setup is too basic on Aston/XRT and this works better with more complex games... No idea..
#99 - troy
On his second video this VR-Nerds guy mentions a bug that "occurred multiple times" on his Vive already.

https://youtu.be/Q7929vHkPGI?t=291

Seems to happen when a new track is loaded, he says something about the image being distorted, not sure what exactly he's talking about.
Pity that Reshade can't get correct depth info in LFS... All good effects are not applicable Frown
This thread is closed

TEST PATCH 0.6J2 (now J5)
(130 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG