The online racing simulator
TEST PATCH 0.6J2 (now J5)
(130 posts, closed, started )
What can be done to increase performance when having a lot of object in line of sight. I noticed when there are lots of objects on screen the performance drops significantly still. We are talking a 150 frame drop.
How are you sure its a LFS problem and not a local problem? Best is to share the layout and the spot here.
Quote from troy :On his second video this VR-Nerds guy mentions a bug that "occurred multiple times" on his Vive already.

https://youtu.be/Q7929vHkPGI?t=291

Seems to happen when a new track is loaded, he says something about the image being distorted, not sure what exactly he's talking about.

yes, he says something about the image being either distorted or having another shape and that it had occured a few times. but then he continues with saying that he is not bothered that much by this error, because he likes how fast the game loads or reloads anyways.

he also tells a bit about some minor differences in graphical details to the occulus dk2 and for the most part he likes the vive better, because of better detail and because he could look with the eyes more to the borders of the screen and not have to turn the head like with the occulus.

and he really likes driving standing upright in a open top car, which is a great demonstation of the degree of freedom you get with such a vr-solution ... Big grin

peace, mo
Quote from Scawen :You have a "Live for Speed" folder inside another "Live for Speed" folder. Is that correct?

Liveforspeedception!

I did a quick offline test did not find any obvious bug!
Quote from troy :On his second video this VR-Nerds guy mentions a bug that "occurred multiple times" on his Vive already.

https://youtu.be/Q7929vHkPGI?t=291

Seems to happen when a new track is loaded, he says something about the image being distorted, not sure what exactly he's talking about.

Thanks for the info. I confirm I can reproduce this.

Good that he found the bug, but I can't find any message from him about it!
That's exactly why I came here. Smile

No idea why he wouldn't send a quick message, especially while this is still in test patch phase. Well, maybe he mentions how the bug mysteriously fixed itself after J4 in his next video. Big grin
Well, not many people report bugs when they find them.

I played around with this new Lessons-editor. Formating text, layout, adding lesson to list etc all worked.
It would be cool to share "lessons"/challenges via forum and then try to beat each others times.
At moment it seems that would only work by zipping all files and telling other player to unpack into training\ folder. But bit complicated and is the problem that there is only one list? (lessons.lll ?)
And I guess people would not want to mess up the official lesson-list with usermade content.
Is there way to give other setup than "hard track"?
Do the image-names have to be prefixed with zzz_? (they did not seem to be found otherwise)
Quote from Scawen :
Changes from 0.6J3 to 0.6J4 :
Misc :

Max drivers in single player increased to 24 (online max still 40)

Hello,
It is probably a small error because you can not add more than 20 players AI 20/24 and writes a list of keystroke "ad AI drivers" do not add more than 20. You can only add yourself as a player 21.

Regards
Lucas M.
Works for me - i could add 24 AI and start a race. Did not further testing though.
Quote from Eclipsed :Works for me - i could add 24 AI and start a race. Did not further testing though.

I tested it again and it is so:
how to clear this list, you can add up to 20
how to load the system with 32 players (the file has been available online somewhere) to how I will take players to 18 this I can only add up to 23
Then each subsequent deduction reduces the capability for adding more players AI
Thanks, but I can't reproduce this. Does it depend on the track? There could be a problem at a track with a small grid. But I can easily add up to 24 at, for example, Fern Bay Club.

Can you test another track, and if you still get the bug, explain step by step how to get it?

Please check it says 0.6J4 on your entry screen (correct patch install).
Quote from Scawen :Thanks, but I can't reproduce this. Does it depend on the track? There could be a problem at a track with a small grid. But I can easily add up to 24 at, for example, Fern Bay Club.

Can you test another track, and if you still get the bug, explain step by step how to get it?

Please check it says 0.6J4 on your entry screen (correct patch install).

Version which does not work properly is the version you already have quite a long time. I updated it to version J then to J2 and J3 - everything worked OK. Only now there is a problem with the list of 24 Ai SP. A freshly installed version of the game (0.6J + patch installer 0.6J4) in another directory and 24/24 Ai function works OK. Surprised me why this does not work on my previous version because they acted without reservation. Anyway, sorry for the confusion.

PS. patch installed OK. Track Blackwood, Westchill...
I tried all tracks and can easy watch 24 ai driving at all track eccept so2 and 3 16 players max there but that is normal.
New patch with AI improvements.

No difference while actually racing. This one is all about avoiding ramming other cars when in the pit lane or on the lap of honour.

- exiting in practise mode
- pit stops
- return to pit garages

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/88636
Works well. How polite they are now Smile
Is it plans to introduce 24 car all the AI cast a shadow? now 16 Car.

PS.
24 AI on track - info only 20 Ai
Attached images
lfs_00000001.jpg
lfs_00000002.jpg
What does that means when i start the game ? "Screen dimensions changed : initialise graphics"
Quote from Lucas McFly :24 AI on track - info only 20 Ai

It would be great if we had the option to turn off theses info by the way.

@Scawen: Could you send the depth-buffer texture to the postprocess shader ? It would add more options, like Depth-of-Field, Fog, Screen Space Ambient Occlusion, and motion blur (if we could get a float3 for camera velocity if would be even better, we could create a basic camera based motion blur) for example. Smile
Quote from Scawen :New patch with AI improvements.

No difference while actually racing. This one is all about avoiding ramming other cars when in the pit lane or on the lap of honour.

But that's half the fun! Big grin
Quote from nacim :like Depth-of-Field, Fog, Screen Space Ambient Occlusion, and motion blur

Like for spinning wheels?
Now we are bussy with AI can you make them drive little bit faster about 5 or 6% from wr?

Edit:
Thats on BL1 xfg about 1.37
Quote from pasibrzuch :Like for spinning wheels?

Like for stuff that gets blurry around when you go fast. For spinning wheels, it would need object-based motion blur, which requires more time and more performance but it is really nice and accurate. Wink
...Or apply a couple of textures with different blur amount depending on angular velocity of the wheel like all those cheap effects do in modern games e.g forza motorsport Smile
This thread is closed

TEST PATCH 0.6J2 (now J5)
(130 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG