The online racing simulator
Quote from Abone :Scawen, FPS still drop in new Westhill. I think you do not want to fix it... Good luck

Well there are fps drops still. I didn't make full tests of 0.6h and im not sure if you devs made some improvement on this thing but for a first look i think (but can't be 100% sure without full testing) there is no more game freezes (at least for me) in those 3 places i've mentioned.
Excellent !, hope it's the beginning of a complete upgrade of the game itself. Thank you very much to the creators!
btw, just want to say that while the new Westhill is great, as a former (and hopefully future) league admin, I'm especially thankful for the new insim toys to help with formation laps, disconnections, etc. Great work, guys! Hope there's more of that in the future.
Nice patch, LFS run again after 3 yearsBig grin
Did few laps, karting national looks very funny!

As for International, looks more like real track at my eyes but its a bit more flat and i already missed the old.
Maybe its location changed to Netherlands now Big grin

Great job, thank you Smile
Quote from luki97 :
Quote from Abone :Scawen, FPS still drop in new Westhill. I think you do not want to fix it... Good luck

Well there are fps drops still. I didn't make full tests of 0.6h and im not sure if you devs made some improvement on this thing but for a first look i think (but can't be 100% sure without full testing) there is no more game freezes (at least for me) in those 3 places i've mentioned.

here fps drop in the same places and another thing I did not mention ( fps in normal track, track x or y are the same) i dont have this problem on old tracks this happen only in new westhill.

i dont really understand why
#58 - Papa
Quote from Abone :
Quote from luki97 :

here fps drop in the same places and another thing I did not mention ( fps in normal track, track x or y are the same) i dont have this problem on old tracks this happen only in new westhill.

i dont really understand why

I also faced some FPS drop trouble when first trying out 0.6H and the new Westhill environment today. I was running LFS on a AMD Radeon 7950 at 5760x1080 and full detail with FPS never really dropping below 80 before, but today encountered some serious FPS drops to below 20. Even lowering details didn't really help much. It's not only Westhill, but on other tracks FPS seem to be significantly lower as well.
Maybe partially a CPU bottleneck you're now hitting?
#60 - dGz
The world of new Westhill is magnificent! Thanks Sсawen!
Why is the lighting so different from other tracks? I'm using Keiichi's shaders and Lynce's Revolution Pack and while all the cars are fine on other tracks, they look like they're made out of plastic in Westhill.
I also noticed that the lighting is different, too bright actually.
Yeah seems a little bright and matte for me too.
Might i ask!
before H update!
Im playing lfs with laptop!
been playing for past year, and never had issues, with fps!!!
now even autcorss got low, fps, fernbay,and all other tracks, since i have installed H new version ( well since i first installed new westhill ) is there anything i can do :? except from this answer, go buy a new pc! well its good enough and been working perf before, with good fps, and i dont understand what causes the problem, i really dont think, its due to new westhill many textures objects!
Your laptop GPU is most probably in power save mode. Maybe underclock your GPU to limit the heat after you changed adaptive to optimized. I had/have the same problem (and I have not a too bad card; 675MX). Force "optimized" mode @your GPU driver setting. Out of interest, what GPU do you have and what operating system?
After hours exploring the wonderful environment (its really amazing, congratulations) I fell onto this bug. Ways to reproduce in description
https://youtu.be/5Tco0w_miec
Why is fps lower in H then previous test patch
Quote from N I K I :Why is fps lower in H then previous test patch

If you mean comparing to 0.6G:
It's more resource-consuming because the new Westhill is much more detailed than the old one. There are a lot of high-resolution textures, lots of objects and so on.
If you mean comparing to 0.6G test patches:
I don't have any FPS-loss in 0.6H.
Quote from N I K I :Why is fps lower in H then previous test patch

Because your PC is not as brutal as your diesel! Rofl
Westhill update is great, Exploring more and more new things in this map Big grin

Suggestion: How about the other tracks? Will you update it also just like Westhill? I want to see a full unlocked area of Kyoto // just sharing my idea since Westhill got a big update.
Quote from cargame.nl :Your laptop GPU is most probably in power save mode. Maybe underclock your GPU to limit the heat after you changed adaptive to optimized. I had/have the same problem (and I have not a too bad card; 675MX). Force "optimized" mode @your GPU driver setting. Out of interest, what GPU do you have and what operating system?

4gb ram, dual core! @2.16 ghz, 32bit intel!
and its not on power save mode Smile
The new Westhill track has a really unique race feeling. The tyre rubbers on those corners are also immersive! Btw, I play on Intel Core2Duo E6850 @ 3GHz with 3GB (really 3GB) and GTX 550 Ti without any frame drops problems at 8x AA and 16x AF.Thumbs up
Quote from kristipops1 :
and its not on power save mode Smile

and how do you know that for sure? 32 bit intel? thats not really well defined model number. Try GPU-Z.
Great work!
This thread is closed

New Westhill racing environment - 0.6H
(328 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG