The online racing simulator
Great Work! I like new WE, especially driving on WE2. But I also noticed that during driving on WE LFS RAM usage is over 1GB, and CPU average load is around 35%, while on Aston RAM usage is under 300MB and average CPU load is under 20%. Is there any chance to optimize this in game settings? Disable load of some track objects or something? My FPS drop from 60 to under 40 on same places, especially while exiting last turn on WE2.

My PC configuration:
Dual Core Intel Pentium B970 2,30GHz
8GB of RAM
GeForce GT620M (1GB)
It's funny when people complain this game needs higher graphics and no one has an ancient computer anymore that can't run games at higher graphics settings, then everyone is complaining when Westhill is a little bit heavier track.. Oh well Smile
Quote from fatalunfair :It's funny when people complain this game needs higher graphics and no one has an ancient computer anymore that can't run games at higher graphics settings, then everyone is complaining when Westhill is a little bit heavier track.. Oh well Smile

+1

Liked the video! Does he know that the service roads are drivable? Smile
Quote from fatalunfair :It's funny when people complain this game needs higher graphics and no one has an ancient computer anymore that can't run games at higher graphics settings, then everyone is complaining when Westhill is a little bit heavier track.. Oh well Smile

well thanks, but none of us have complained about graphics! as i see you pointing it at us!!
-
(Abone) DELETED by Abone : mistake
Quote from MandulAA :

+1

This way of calling us stupid is not very friendly, if you've had the same problem, your comment would be different .
Quote from kristipops1 :

well thanks, but none of us have complained about graphics! as i see you pointing it at us!!

Not necessarily. There has been a lot of people complaining about graphics for a while now, but atleast now they have some proof that not everyone has a super computer. I am not trying to offend anyone here.
The New Westhil is amaizing , thank you guys , I hope this will bring LFS to new life.

Yep... some people dont realise its good to buy a new PC once a 10 years (I had my old one from 2007 to summer 2014).

One thing came into my mind today... that it would be great to have a rally-style track in westhill. I dont know how it´s called in english, so I will let the picture speak
http://theisozone.com/images/s ... ion-49989-31362077088.jpg

It would be very tense and refreshing :ň
Quote from Abone :
Quote from MandulAA :

This way of calling us stupid is not very friendly, if you've had the same problem, your comment would be different .

Mate, you COMPLETELY misunderstood my comment. I talked about GamerMuscle, who uploaded the Westhill review video.
Quote from MandulAA :
Quote from Abone :
Quote from MandulAA :

Mate, you COMPLETELY misunderstood my comment. I talked about GamerMuscle, who uploaded the Westhill review video.

You're right. I apologize.
i think isnt about low specs hardware, the frame drop at some points at Westhill. I usually have over 150fps but at 1-2 corners frames drop at 80.
Problem is at even at 80 i am facing lag for a moments, which isnt usual for 80fps.
Maybe the memory usage is the problem, as a friend above mention.
Sorry, this is off topic but I think this thread is related to 0.6 version also and not only about westhill, so i ask a question:

First of, I know about pit start points, if you have 3 custom psp's (PSP = Pit Start Point ) and 4 racers, the 4th will start from normal box. no problem.

But problem is plausible in this: If you choose a Drag Strip, and you have done a layout there with open config, and have 40 start points, but unable to put 40 psp's if you have out of objects ( 1800 objects reached )

And Drag Strip has normally only 8 psp's? correct me if I am wrong.

So, if starting a qualify with 40 racers but less than 30 psp's. What would happen? Big grin

This might be a stupid question and meaningless as well, but I found this thing accidentally and started to think. I tried to test but unable, due the AI wont be placed on open configs and not enough buddies to help this.

So, what would happen if having 40 racers but only exactly 39 psp's or less, and qualify will be started? Thanks for the answering

EDIT: I found this question to be revealed by liking to do layouts in drag strip, by simple reason: Rarely used for races or autox or any, except Erhabe Arab Drift Smile

EDIT2: Asking same question simplier way: Does LFS notice also if having too less pit start points same way as it notices too less start points?
Quote from vourliotis :i think isnt about low specs hardware, the frame drop at some points at Westhill. I usually have over 150fps but at 1-2 corners frames drop at 80.
Problem is at even at 80 i am facing lag for a moments, which isnt usual for 80fps.
Maybe the memory usage is the problem, as a friend above mention.

I convert all dds files to 128x128 and Fps still drop. my texture memory usage after convert is 23.0mb, so problem is not memory. in other tracks fps down little, but have more stability (dont drop)
Wow go kart track!
nice to see some updating, thanks!

p.s. what will have next update some new cars or S3 :P ?
ah ah, forget to launch the speculation phasis Big grin
when are coming the first screenshots/vids of coming contents of S3 ? Big grin ^^
Quote from BorislavB :what will have next update some new cars or S3 :P ?

I wish that all the new content comes to S3 directly to get it ready as soon as possible. Smile
S3 for me:

I would be pleased with maybe only some more track updates like a new Kyoto and new Aston. I'm pretty fine with the current car lineup in LFS.
I remembered scawen said that he will finish the tires physics once and for all after this westhill update.

any way now its up to the 3d artist ( eric ) to finish the future contents, so we can have some refresh/new of the existing cars/track in meanwhile for the physics update.
Quote from WyngPax :Great Work! I like new WE, especially driving on WE2. But I also noticed that during driving on WE LFS RAM usage is over 1GB, and CPU average load is around 35%, while on Aston RAM usage is under 300MB and average CPU load is under 20%. Is there any chance to optimize this in game settings? Disable load of some track objects or something? My FPS drop from 60 to under 40 on same places, especially while exiting last turn on WE2.

My PC configuration:
Dual Core Intel Pentium B970 2,30GHz
8GB of RAM
GeForce GT620M (1GB)

I have a similar problem, but it's when someone joins the race, my pc stutters and fps drops, it is not dependable of where in the track im positioned, it isn't because my computer is old for sure.
#98 - col
Awesome update. Enjoying the MRT5 around the kart circuits!.

@Scawen have you secretly been working on the AI? they seem to be less A and more I than I remember. I was driving Turbo on Westhill National, and the AI were adding to the experience rather than ruining it !
Quote from col :Awesome update. Enjoying the MRT5 around the kart circuits!.

You have been enjoying beating me Frown
A very welcome refreshment of the lfs package. The track looks and feels more alive than the others.

Great work!
This thread is closed

New Westhill racing environment - 0.6H
(328 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG