The online racing simulator
TEST PATCH 0.6G18 - New Westhill Circuit
(90 posts, closed, started )
Quote from valiugera :Scawen, i have one idea. New objcets is very good, pit stop, start point but why you not make pit speed line limiter? I mean 80km/h zone in pit. Sorry for may bad English. Smile

He is planning to make that it seems, but does not seem to have the time before they want to make this official:

Quote from Scawen :I'm interested in (possibly) adding "checkpoints" or something to mark the start and end of a custom pit lane with speed limit in future but there's no way can I do it in such a short time.

#52 - BIzO
Scawen, don't know if it's related to the new test patch but,
I got some FPS drop and with a big gap : sometimes its goes to 100FPS and then 10FPS Shrug

Thinks it may be related to the trees or something, it's happen when I'm looking at them (on Westhill) Uhmm

EDIT : Actually it's coming from layout objects, and I think it's only my graphics card that is messing up Shrug
I have a problem. I trying to add AI drivers but i can only one. - 0.6G19
-
(DjOutfit) DELETED by DjOutfit
Quote from Scawen :
Quote from T3charmy :Ah alright, well, if possible, could I get the updated one when you get around to it, as well as if you add any new objects beyond that?

I have attached the updated specification to this post. Please let me know if there are any mistakes or it's not clear.

Thanks! For now I'm good I think.

Quote from cargame.nl :Leave the packet alones! Big grin

Nah, seriously.. Full IPv6 readyness will imply another incompatible patch anyway when the world is changing to that format, lets change it when it's actually needed.

I dunno, I think now would be a good time to add it considering this hasn't been released yet. How ever, I know, my home connection has IPV6. While, less than 7% of the people who access google have actually adopted IPV6 so far(source), if you look at the graph, you'll see how much it's picking it's pace up, (2.8% on April 1st of last year, 6.3% as of March 30th) I think now would be a good time if we're going to introduce the functionality.
Quote from T3charmy :
Quote from Scawen :
Nah, seriously.. Full IPv6 readyness will imply another incompatible patch anyway when the world is changing to that format, lets change it when it's actually needed.

I dunno, I think now would be a good time to add it considering this hasn't been released yet. How ever, I know, my home connection has IPV6. While, less than 7% of the people who access google have actually adopted IPV6 so far(source), if you look at the graph, you'll see how much it's picking it's pace up, (2.8% on April 1st of last year, 6.3% as of March 30th) I think now would be a good time if we're going to introduce the functionality.

Good source: http://www.google.com/intl/en/ipv6/statistics.html#tab=per-country-ipv6-adoption

It also shows that in Germany and the US the share is already up to 16%, Belgium even 31%. Though Uk is only at 0,28% :Really:

This leads to the fact that those mentioned percentages arent able to start dedicated hosts. I am one of them Wink
G19? changelog plz
Quote from Warper :
This leads to the fact that those mentioned percentages arent able to start dedicated hosts. I am one of them

Dedicated hosts normally don't visit Google that often.
Do you plan to fix the AI not pitting after karting races?
Hello,

i have find a mistake in Autocross Builder.

The objects on one site goes with 180 and on other site 178.6

On Picture you can see.

Regards Ricky
Really great job so far, much more than expected. Now with the new checkpoints not working if 1.50 meters above

I found out our lap at Kyoto isn't taking the checkpoint on oval cause inside is much less Z than outside.Big grin

May be get the finish line and checkpoints a pitch could solve it. Wink Some more available checkpoints would

be great as well, as we have a lot more possible routes to set our laps now. Thanks for this again. P V L.
Quote from valiugera :I have a problem. I trying to add AI drivers but i can only one. - 0.6G19

I don't see this. Can you give more detail? Which track was selected, were you online or offline? E.g. if you were at Drag Strip then you can only add yourself or one AI. When online, only one player may be allowed. If an open config is selected, AI cannot be added...

Quote from loopingz :Do you plan to fix the AI not pitting after karting races?

No. There isn't really anywhere for them to park and it would be a really big job to do that. I have no idea how to do it. So I don't it's a good one for release day! Big grin

Quote from Rickymania :i have find a mistake in Autocross Builder.

The objects on one site goes with 180 and on other site 178.6

Thanks, it's not really a mistake. These are the true values represented by the "Heading Byte". I know it seems a bit strange but just remember to go to -180 if you want 180. Or go to 178.6 then press the '.' key.

Quote from P V L :Really great job so far, much more than expected. Now with the new checkpoints not working if 1.50 meters above

I found out our lap at Kyoto isn't taking the checkpoint on oval cause inside is much less Z than outside.Big grin

May be get the finish line and checkpoints a pitch could solve it. Wink

Not a bad idea. Thanks for the test report - it's a good point. But I don't think I'll change it (at least not now). What you can do to solve it, in that extreme case of checkpoints on the oval banking, is put the checkpoint underground. So the process would be, set it up in the air where you can see it, then finally lower the Z value until you can only see the part of the checkpoint that is on the flat area on the inside of the curve.

As it allows some quite good possibilities, I think it should be left as it is.
Ok, thanks for the fast answer. No more problems for me if it is working with just lowered CP then. Thumbs up

But some more available CP's would still be nice in the future if easy done. Nod
Im using my mouse wheel for gear up/down. (Steelseries Sensei RAw)

With vsync:OFF and limit in-game framerate, i miss some gear changes.
In sequential gearbox cars, throttle cut-off engages but there's no up shift. (or downshift) It only works if i roll the wheel once or twice.
On H pattern cars, when i miss the gear change, it's like i never rolled the mouse wheel.

With Vsync:ON it happens rarely, but still there's the issue.

With Vsync:OFF and limit in-game framerate at 90fps (+/-5fps) it never happened or i didnt notice.

what's going on ?

(Tested with other mice too, with or without software... windows 8.1
It started happening again in the latest patches of new westhill)
Quote from Scawen :...

can u make some change of X Y axle of object?
the axle we move now is base on the direction on the map, it is very hard to make the ramps match when it is not 0, 90, or 180 degree. can u make the axle base on object direction?
Thanks to you, Scawen and Victor, we could finally test if a Formula 1 car can be driven upside down inside a tunnel XD

You can get it or do a testdrive from the attached SPR
Attached files
tunnel.spr - 28.4 KB - 494 views
Wow that's sick! How long did it took you to build that?
I have this problem with roundabout. Only from this side. This is problem in not only in roundabout, under some bridges too.
Latest graphics driver ( 14.12 a.k.a omega ) and my GPU is HD 7950.
Any idea how can i fix it? Or its not my hardware problem?

Sorry for my bad english.
Attached images
lfs_00000027.jpg
WOW! Amazing upside down tunnel. I've always wondered if that was possible & kind of surprised redbull hasn't done something like that in real life. Physics say it is possible but will anyone ever try it in real life or dare?!
Quote from Alric :will anyone ever try it in real life or dare?!

Where? It's not like it's a common thing to build tunnels with driveble ceiling and special access ramp to ceiling (as you know,car needs to build up some speed before it generates downforce that exceeds car weight). I believe location is the biggest problem for this stunt as daredevil would be quite easy to find,who would spend that much money for tunnel building only for one stunt?
I have find there's a limit of objects that "can be draw" in the shift+U menu.
Look the amount of elements that disappear from the shift u menu, just by turning the camera

Quote from Bose321 :Wow that's sick! How long did it took you to build that?

about 3-4 hours

Quote from Eclipsed :
Quote from Alric :will anyone ever try it in real life or dare?!

(as you know,car needs to build up some speed before it generates downforce that exceeds car weight)

Yeah, thats true.
nearly 300kmh and look out how small is the normal force that keeps the car upsidedown (wheels forces)

with 100% fuel and 110kg added mass

Also, it must be very dangerous losing the car control there
I completely understand it's very very unlikely but I did say Redbull is the only organisation that I think would ever do something like that. If Redbull sponsored Felix can fly a balloon into outer space & jump out with a speed of 833mph then driving an F1 car upside down isn't too ridiculous is it?! Ha.
where I can download the G19 Dcon ?
This thread is closed

TEST PATCH 0.6G18 - New Westhill Circuit
(90 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG