The online racing simulator
It's a business laptop, not 'a gaming machine'. It's supposed to display Word, Excel and some basic graphics stuff.
I know that (and this one its really good one for business use), but its nice to be able to play LFS in office when you don't have anything better to do but you have to spent that 8 hours in your job Big grin
-
(wildstyle) DELETED by Scawen : spam
-
(rychlyjaromir) DELETED by Scawen : spam
Hello Scawen,

I love LFS and its realism but I am really looking for something new in game. When VW Scirocco was postponed I believe nobody from us expected 7+ years. Big grin
I know its not easy and you are not team of 100 people working on it, but if you release new things one by one in longer time period I believe LFS community will appreciate it much more than wait so many years and then got more new things in a bulk. Even if it wont be 100% perfect, everything can be fixed in patches during "full production". It's what we love on this game... developers cooperate with community and constantly improving/adding things.
I see there are still some improvements which are for sure also important, because details form whole impression, but we really miss something new with we can really play with. Smile

So my question is pretty simple and I believe you heard it very often:
Is there some date when you expect to release something we all waiting for? (Scirocco, tyre physics...)
We all want set our countdown and know when we can finally try something new. Smile Because this waiting for some groundbreaking update is really long. Big grin

I appreciate your work and thank you for this game. Can't wait for S3. Smile
I think new Westhill will come in 1-2 years and new tyre physics in 5 years minimum.
Quote from skswat :Is there some date when you expect to release something we all waiting for? (Scirocco, tyre physics...)

I know the Scirocco is held up as the holy grail of cars by many people in the LFS community, but it's really just another front wheel drive car, although a nice sporty one. Bizarrely, our greatest ever mistake was the decision to give a release date for it. Ever since, people have held that against us. It doesn't matter how many times we apologise for it, people still come back with the same comment.

All I can say right now is that if you think the Scirocco is more important than the new Westhill, you are seriously mistaken. There is really a lot of fun to be had at the highly developed Westhill track! Smile

The new version of Westhill is getting closer every day and it is not long now. You might as well forget about the Scirocco for the time being. That will be released when the new tyre physics is complete. That's what I'll be working on after Westhill is released.
Is there any chance to get some more / new Westhill screenshots?
Thank you Scawen for prompt reply. Smile

I'm not saying that scirocco is more important than all other announced news, I mention it as one of most expected NEW thing in LFS, just because it was presented to us before other. That's only reason why I mentioned it as first.

I'm not against you in this... just curious. I thought that everything for scirocco was already developed and it's just pending, waiting until you finish other projects which are currently in progress to be released all together.

It's great to read that new Westhill will be released in close future and I don't want "prioritize" or say that this is more important that this or so... you know best whats priority to finish as first.
Just waiting for something new added in game, doesn't matter which one it will be. Smile

Edit// Honestly I am most curious to try new tyre physics, but I believe that develop this isn't really cup of tea and require lot of time. LFS physics is just best.
Thanks! Smile

We are at the stage of working late nights, finishing things, sorting out bugs stage...

We are confident you will find the Westhill update very enjoyable. Smile

About the tyre physics, there are some good things about the new development model which improve the realism and feel. I'm looking forward to getting back onto it and getting it to a releasable state.
Quote from Scawen :...I know the Scirocco is held up as the holy grail of cars by many people in the LFS community, but it's really just another front wheel drive car, although a nice sporty one....

It will bring ESP to LFS aswell, and in this aspect it is something that will bring much more good things than only a new FWD : some very powerful cars may be included in LFS ... and would be driveable Big grin . I have enjoyed sometimes to drive 599xx in AC, and I have to admit that I find it fun with and without TC help (do not know if it acts like an esp in the game or not ... but in the end, you have the choice to let electronic helping the driver like it is the case in real life). Do not hesitate to build then a clone of it for LFS Wink

By the way, I bought a G27 ... I suppose I will need some help soon, because discovering FFB is not something easy after 14 years with my sidewinder precision racing wheel Big grin . Staying on the road is kinda difficult (damn : the wheel is countersteering itself ... weird) ! Hope things are going fine in the plan for releasing Westhill : I AM NOW READY Big grin
Quote from skswat :Hello Scawen,

I love LFS and its realism but I am really looking for something new in game. When VW Scirocco was postponed I believe nobody from us expected 7+ years. Big grin

Dont forget the other not named car which was announced too Wink

Quote from Scawen :Thanks! Smile

We are at the stage of working late nights, finishing things, sorting out bugs stage...

We are confident you will find the Westhill update very enjoyable. Smile

i'm quiet sure, that we all are tracking them down when you are about to release it in a test patch Smile Eric will get a list of it in no time Wink.
Maybe this could be the way you could save night shifts ? Big grin

My hopes are focused on this month Smile))
It really helps just to see responses about progress and knowing something is being worked on, instead of wondering if there is any development at all.

Thanks Scawen and ill never hold anything against you because I appreciate this game and your efforts.
Quote from Be2K :i'm quiet sure, that we all are tracking them down when you are about to release it in a test patch Smile Eric will get a list of it in no time Wink.
Maybe this could be the way you could save night shifts ? Big grin

Of course people will find some bugs during the test patch period, but releasing a test patch, knowing that there are bugs to be fixed would be quite pointless.

I think it's better that they fix them now rather than later Smile
Quote from klbbadd2002 :It really helps just to see responses about progress and knowing something is being worked on [...].

Thanks Scawen and ill never hold anything against you because I appreciate this game and your efforts.

+1 to that! It does feel nice to read these short reports Thumbs up
Quote from Scawen :Thanks! Smile
I'm looking forward to getting back onto it and getting it to a releasable state.

In all seriousness though, thanks for the updates Scawen. Looking great so far, can't wait! Smile
Quote from Scawen :

Quote from Flame CZE :
Of course people will find some bugs during the test patch period, but releasing a test patch, knowing that there are bugs to be fixed would be quite pointless.

I think it's better that they fix them now rather than later Smile

he is on this stage now, which means IHMO that they are trying to found them
Quote from Scawen :
Quote from skswat :Is there some date when you expect to release something we all waiting for? (Scirocco, tyre physics...)

I know the Scirocco is held up as the holy grail of cars by many people in the LFS community, but it's really just another front wheel drive car, although a nice sporty one.

its not about the car itself its about what it symbolises in terms of lfs development pace
Along with westhill update is possible some small updates in the designer of cars ??

Google translator.
So everyone talks about the VW but what about Rockingham? We all know why the car is delayed but what about the track?

Sorry for asking in this thread but it is a serious question and am not looking to start another flame war.
Quote from sil3ntwar :So everyone talks about the VW but what about Rockingham? We all know why the car is delayed but what about the track?

Sorry for asking in this thread but it is a serious question and am not looking to start another flame war.

Rockingham is part of S3 content.
Scawen told that S3 cannot be delivered with only one track (no more promises on upcoming content, you will agree), so before we see Rockingham, the Team has to 'finish' or 'create' a bit more contents.
There still can be a debate around how far is 'finished' Rockingham ... but there only few people may have the knowledge
Quote from Flotch :
Quote from sil3ntwar :So everyone talks about the VW but what about Rockingham? We all know why the car is delayed but what about the track?

Rockingham is part of S3 content.
Scawen told that S3 cannot be delivered with only one track (no more promises on upcoming content, you will agree), so before we see Rockingham, the Team has to 'finish' or 'create' a bit more contents.
There still can be a debate around how far is 'finished' Rockingham ... but there only few people may have the knowledge

Ah yep makes sense Big grin
I'm sure Rockingham is a while away but I'm actually looking forward to this track the most because as far as I know it was laser scanned & so will hopefully be the bumpiest / most cambered track. Makes sense to hold it back for S3 along with hopefully some more racing cars & the new physics.
Quote from Alric : Makes sense to hold it back for S3 along with hopefully some more racing cars & the new physics.

So what about holding it back for another 7 years? Big grin Ye that makes sense, indeed.

Please don't take my post too serious. Big grin
Well, for you & I it would be better to come out right away but for the devs they will want to sell some S3 licences & get some reward for their work.
I don't play much LFS nowadays but it's dying really fast at that rythm due to the lack of updates.... I understand there are only 2 persons working on it but.. It does really take that much time to release more content? I mean its been 7 years we should have the VWS and i'm not counting the years for the S3 .. especially for such low quality textures.. Meanwhile multiples track re-textures has been released (Like Lynce's Fern bay or the Kit H20 Pack if someone remember.. or car mods like smove's)

What are they actually doing? Everyone is moving to Assetto Corsa
Quote from theodu69 :What are they actually doing? Everyone is moving to Assetto Corsa

Just in case it is somehow not yet clear, we are currently working very hard on the last things to be able to release the new Westhill. That is what we are actually doing. Smile

P.S. We don't mind if you use another sim any time you feel like it. There's no exclusivity clause in our contract with you. Big grin
This thread is closed

Westhill Progress (November)
(946 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG