The online racing simulator
Quote from nacim :After using G3 for a while now, I still don't have problems to report, waiting for next test patch. Smile

There's not much left for the compatible version apart from a couple of minor fixes. I've been focussing on the incompatible things for Westhill. In the last couple of days I implemented the custom start positions in the autocross editor, for the start grid and pit start positions (mid race join, etc). These allow you to make race tracks anywhere. Eric and Victor and I have done some online testing in the new Westhill and it's going well. I think another full version would just slow us down and annoy people. We're on the case finishing things and I have a couple more autocross things to do. We had fun testing online. There will be a public testing stage before the final release. We still have things to finish before that.
Quote :I have a couple more autocross things to do

It may sound as I'm stalking you from time to time but does this mean you are planning to implement the following:

Quote :I thought I might investigate one thing though - maybe I could add a single bit to the Flags that would avoid the ground level check, so an object would stay exactly where you put it (and with zero pitch and roll). I realise that the granularity of ZChar is a limitation but at lest this would allow objects to be placed in the air over physical surfaces. One more thing I was thinking might help is a simple new object, a plain rectangular flat slab of concrete. It would look like the ramp but be level. Maybe it should have the same height as the ramp and legs. Or maybe two different objects, a plain flat slab and a separate slab with legs.

I really hope this is still on your agenda Smile
Okay, thanks for the report ! Smile

@sicotange : I hope this too, this seems to be some nice features. It's not a full track editor, but it's a good start. Smile
-
(Lucas McFly) DELETED by Lucas McFly
-
(racer autov8) DELETED by Flame CZE : reply to a deleted post
Quote from Scawen :In the last couple of days I implemented the custom start positions in the autocross editor, for the start grid and pit start positions (mid race join, etc). These allow you to make race tracks anywhere.

and what about custom Pits ??
Quote from sicotange :I really hope this is still on your agenda Smile

Yes, I've written an email to you just now about this as I know you have been waiting for it a long time. Please let me know if you get the mail. Smile

Quote from Be2K :and what about custom Pits ??

Still thinking about this...

I have added a pit stop position rectangle like the one at Blackwood and other tracks, but all the code for that depends on being in a pit speed limit zone. But a pit lane speed limit zone seems hard to implement in the autocross editor. Still thinking about it.
Please don't let the speed limit zone stop you from releasing custom pits! I'm pretty sure it's better to have the ability to place pits where we want them to be than no ability at all. Furthermore we could put speed signs for now and just trust the players or watch the replay if it's something serious, a league for example.

E: Ahh, I think I misunderstood. So if the pit-box is not in the speed limit zone, the repair thing won't work?
Quote from Scawen :
I have added a pit stop position rectangle like the one at Blackwood and other tracks, but all the code for that depends on being in a pit speed limit zone. But a pit lane speed limit zone seems hard to implement in the autocross editor. Still thinking about it.

Just an idea ...
What about two "checkpoints" (lines), one that will set InPit variable to 1 (pit entry), and other that will set InPit to 0 (pit exit)?
If InPit is set give penalty if player exceed 80 km/h. Its up to layout maker to design pits by using other objects in a way that will not allow going around these "checkpoints".
Pit limits are only for elf'n'safety reasons anyway, as we can't kill anyone by running them over, then we don't really need them Smile
Quote :Yes, I've written an email to you just now about this as I know you have been waiting for it a long time. Please let me know if you get the mail. Smile

You've got mail :-)
Quote from Scawen :
Quote from Be2K :and what about custom Pits ??

Still thinking about this...

With custom start positions, custom pits and, for the far future, custom racing line for AI, that would be a mighty feature. Just add the whole earth and we can race wherever we want (Nordschleife included)... ok, maybe I went a little too far. Smile

Anyway, I have nothing to say about Test Patch G3. I'm going to participate in testing when Westhill Test Patch is out.
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :
Quote from Scawen :

Just an idea ...
What about two "checkpoints" (lines), one that will set InPit variable to 1 (pit entry), and other that will set InPit to 0 (pit exit)?
If InPit is set give penalty if player exceed 80 km/h. Its up to layout maker to design pits by using other objects in a way that will not allow going around these "checkpoints".

Seems legit, but there is 1 little limitation with that. This way pitlane is limited to be straight. If you look at KY1 pitlane, you can see it's curvature. Not possible to represent this with just 2 checkpoints.
EDIT: Ok, you propose to get rid of the "zone" check and just check if car passed the checkpoint. Good idea actually Thumbs up

Regarding autocross editor. It would be nice to have some simple curbs in the editor. This can bring new life to the autocross and generally useful on open-configs aswell.
keywords :
checkpoints => pace note => rally stage
Big grin

Glad to hear things are going well for you devs Wink
Quote from vitaly_m :
EDIT: Ok, you propose to get rid of the "zone" check and just check if car passed the checkpoint. Good idea actually Thumbs up

Exactly!
Here is my paint explanation if its not clear to anyone else Big grin
Attached images
PITS.png
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :
Quote from vitaly_m :

Exactly!
Here is my paint explanation if its not clear to anyone else Big grin

Looks like hard to implement to me. But, I'm not a dev.
These points should have a width of the band (as a sector 1, 2) and for the curvature of the pit-stop need other points for each pits. LFS must generate wide and the zone to the pit line.
I just got an idea.
What if the custom pitzones would be squares or circles? Like the "disallowed area" (I don't remember what it really was named).
@ Scawen : random framerate drop is still here, and it seems to be only on closed config, but when I save the spr/mpr, the framerate it not affected. I just can't determinate exactly the problem, but there is one. Maybe bad cleaning ?
Sorry for offtopic ...
Apparently we have reached number of 1 500 000 registred users!
Gratz devs Smile
Thanks! Now if the registered users could go and buy an S2 license so they can try out the new Westhill that would be an excellent idea! Smile
Quote from Scawen :Thanks! Now if the registered users could go and buy an S2 license so they can try out the new Westhill that would be an excellent idea! Smile

Scawen! Dont do this. I just received an email update to this thread and just read your comment. For me it somehow implied that you have just released a patch with the new Westhill. Damnit. Smile
Quote from Warper :
Quote from Scawen :Thanks! Now if the registered users could go and buy an S2 license so they can try out the new Westhill that would be an excellent idea! Smile

Scawen! Dont do this. I just received an email update to this thread and just read your comment. For me it somehow implied that you have just released a patch with the new Westhill. Damnit. Smile

Same reactions! Big grin Rushed to this thread to download "the new test patch". Big grin

it's planned for G4 test patch ?
Sorry guys, just wanted to make sure the 1.4 million demo racers get ready for the fun! Big grin

At the moment there is no plan to release another compatible test patch or version. I'm working on the incompatible things now.
ok understood!

a big part will be interested to get a license but am afraid that the game need to be more attractive somehow.
This thread is closed

TEST PATCH 0.6G3 (Open Configuration Support)
(144 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG