The online racing simulator
40 grid would be nice already on Westhill. Usage of double pit/start on Aston/Kyoto/Fern Bay => 64 grid ... Superb. But this wasnt the discussion Smile
Quote from Scawen :
Quote from racer autov8 :100fps increase Wink
Also I found this:
It's normal white when on a path.

Strange that your car got the wrong lighting colour when it was in an area where there is no path. It should just get the "full sunlight" colour in that case. Unfortunately I can't reproduce the bug yet...

It is propably this:
Car was i place that in other path is placed some object
In this (my) case is a barrier from AS2 (see attachment)
Attached images
lfs_00002272.jpg
lfs_00002271.jpg
Does this works online? Lol.
Quote from Rodrigo-Kaiser :Does this works online? Lol.

Yes, you can play with it online with absolutely no compatibility issues. However, you can't upload hotlaps with it, as it's a test patch. Scawen said so in the first post.
I just want to praise Scawen for doing such a great job with new path system!

No more poping up objects! That was the thing that often annoyed me... Now after some days of 0.6G2 I don't even notice difference even though I know it is there, maybe because now it feels more natural Smile After a while I've tried 0.6G to verify differences and I was just like WTF, da hell. Optimisations for open configs are very welcome as well as many complained on lower FPS.

Once again, awesome work!
Looking forward for more great stuff, keep it up Big grin

P.S. If I don't have any complaints, then you know that its perfect Big grin
Yep, this patch has better quality and better performances, and I never had a FPS drop now, so I suspect my laptop to switch to Eco Mode automaticaly and make m'y FPS drops.

Anyways, good job Scawen, hope that this performance improvement can be used for very good stuff like Westhill and soft shadows.

EDIT : My only complain so far is that sometimes on closed config, shadows are not applied to the car when I'm under a tunnel (for exemple Fern Bay Black REV).

EDIT2 : Got a FPS drop at the end of this MPR :
Attached files
dsoigjds.mpr - 1.2 MB - 561 views
Quote from Draggo :It is propably this:
Car was i place that in other path is placed some object
In this (my) case is a barrier from AS2 (see attachment)

Good find. Actually that is a different thing from the one racer autov8 found. I am now re-rendering the lightmaps without the temporary barriers visible during the render.

Quote from DANIEL-CRO :No more poping up objects! That was the thing that often annoyed me...

Thanks, I remember you mentioning them in the past. Yes, LFS seems more solid and less flaky now. Smile

Quote from nacim :EDIT : My only complain so far is that sometimes on closed config, shadows are not applied to the car when I'm under a tunnel (for exemple Fern Bay Black REV).

In G3 the shadows under the bridges will be corrected at Fern Bay and Aston (in open and closed configs).
Quote from Scawen :Good find. Actually that is a different thing from the one racer autov8 found. I am now re-rendering the lightmaps without the temporary barriers visible during the render.

Thanks, I remember you mentioning them in the past. Yes, LFS seems more solid and less flaky now. Smile

In G3 the shadows under the bridges will be corrected at Fern Bay and Aston (in open and closed configs).

Nice to read, keep it up Scawen Smile
Quote from racer autov8 :Also I found this:
It's normal white when on a path.

I've reproduced and fixed this now.

- Go to South City and select Sunset lighting
- Return to game setup screen (lobby)
- Type /track as3x to change track

You will see the car in the game setup screen still has sunset lighting colour and this is retained.
My plan is to get compatible test patch G3 out as soon as possible, so I can get on with the remaining incompatible things to go into testing with the new Westhill.

G3 is compatible like G2 but with these fixes:

Misc :

Regenerated lightmaps and visible object lists on most tracks
Added paths at Fern Bay to cover road near Club and mini oval

Fixes :

AI drivers crashed entering pit lane at SO Classic / Town
Removed single-sided rectangle near the bridge at Fern Bay
Missing shadows on cars under bridges at Aston and Fern Bay
Shadows could appear at some path boundaries in open configs
Removed message about 93 objects when loading Autocross track
Restored shadows mistakenly removed from South City buildings
Default lightmap sometimes used lighting from previous track
Changing between reversed / forward configs - wrong lightmaps

If I've missed any of the G2 bugs please let me know.
Quote from [Audi TT] :Plz https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/80032

Wait for Fern Bay refurbishment ^^
Just installed G3, every time I run it (tried 6 or so times), LFS gives a black screen, a crash error then it starts up fine automatically?

What I get is this :

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: LFS.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 54e7787c
Fault Module Name: nvd3dum.dll
Fault Module Version: 9.18.13.3788
Fault Module Timestamp: 537a8e05
Exception Code: c000001d
Exception Offset: 0015de91
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 4a89
Additional Information 2: 4a890afa3a8d37be207aee2257c0fe25
Additional Information 3: 3e1f
Additional Information 4: 3e1f625c684c00297d8a85338f9042f1
I can't say for sure but I don't think it is actually LFS doing that. I don't think there's any way LFS can crash then carry on automatically.

Can you try again with G2 and see if the same thing happens?

I'm guessing, by the fault module name, it's something in your graphics drivers.
I've been running G2 fine over the last few days, I was online with it just before I tried G3, just swapped back to G2 to try and its working fine.
Thanks. If you try G3 again, is the problem still there?

Do you have application specific settings in your graphics drivers?

Maybe a restart could help?
Re booted, swapped back to G3 again and it is still giving me that crash then starting up fine.

ETA : No app specific settings in my graphics driver, only on the laptop at the moment which specs if it helps are :GeForce 410m, I5-2450M, 6gb ram running Win 7 64 bit. Not the best but never had a problem with lfs before
This comparison.
Also look at the lighting in the pits. I have no problems running this version of the patch.
and...
Attached images
0.6g2-3.jpg
Everything fine here.
REMOVED INCORRECT LIGHTMAP
It's OK?
I selected a different track and lighting. (as1 - clear day -> ky1 - cloudy, morning)
Attached images
lfs_00000502.jpg
Quote from GAVD999 :Re booted, swapped back to G3 again and it is still giving me that crash then starting up fine.

That is strange! I can't think what to say! Haven't heard of anything like that before...

Quote from [Audi TT] :This comparison.
Also look at the lighting in the pits. I have no problems running this version of the patch.
and...

Thanks, and I'll see if I can switch off that corner marker in open configs.

Quote from [Audi TT] :It's OK?
I selected a different track and lighting. (as1 - clear day -> ky1 - cloudy, morning)

No problem, just a red message I forgot to remove.
Quote from Scawen :
Quote from GAVD999 :Re booted, swapped back to G3 again and it is still giving me that crash then starting up fine.

That is strange! I can't think what to say! Haven't heard of anything like that before...

Rule out bad RAM, run MemTest86 to be sure it's not a fault there. It sounds to me like a RAM issue. I had something similar with my computer no to long ago. Good news is, if they are Corsair sticks you can RMA them as they are covered for life.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG