The online racing simulator
Working OK here. On nVidia Gear. I was also testing my new Gsync screen, working ok too on lfs.
I was just wondering if it was possible to add the main alternative layout directly ingame and in lfsworld. That is a little detail but it refrains me from playing those layouts.
Quote from Scawen :My plan is to get compatible test patch G3 out as soon as possible, so I can get on with the remaining incompatible things to go into testing with the new Westhill.

Scawen, just to out of interest. Your current plan is to test compatible changes now in G2, G3 and as soon as everything is fixed, release incompatible test patches including WE? Or are you planning to first release compatible version H and test incompatible things in H1 etc?

Cheers,
Steffen
Quote from Dygear :Rule out bad RAM, run MemTest86 to be sure it's not a fault there. It sounds to me like a RAM issue. I had something similar with my computer no to long ago. Good news is, if they are Corsair sticks you can RMA them as they are covered for life.

Thanks Dygear, ran that and no errors at all. Have just completely reinstalled a fresh LFS and then tried G3 again and it seems to be working fine now.. Guess something was just bugged when I patched my old install?
Quote from loopingz :I was just wondering if it was possible to add the main alternative layout directly ingame and in lfsworld. That is a little detail but it refrains me from playing those layouts.

I don't know what you mean by the 'main alternative layout'.

Quote from Warper :Your current plan is to test compatible changes now in G2, G3 and as soon as everything is fixed, release incompatible test patches including WE? Or are you planning to first release compatible version H and test incompatible things in H1 etc?

Good question but I don't know the answer! Smile

Quote from GAVD999 :Have just completely reinstalled a fresh LFS and then tried G3 again and it seems to be working fine now.. Guess something was just bugged when I patched my old install?

Pleased you have got it working.
Quote from Scawen :I don't know what you mean by the 'main alternative layout'.

I think he means these layouts (combo's) which more or less became unofficial official; https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/73903 but unsupported by LFSWorld. Not all of them are great and some have really strange pit entry's or exits. Or undrivable sections of road like Fern Bay's extended start/finish straight.

Basically he is requesting official support for certain layouts designed and commonly used by the community.
---
Concerning this shadows/lights/paths update..

Ehhrm, are you satisfied with the behaviour of cars in shadow environments? I had to install a vanilla LFS to be sure it wasn't me but especially the XRG/XRR has dim car lights and it seems that this situation even worsens in shadow rich environments like underneath bridges.

Shouldn't it be the opposite? Car lights being more visible. Blackwood has nice light bars underneath the bridge, glowing on the asphalt. Wouldn't it be great to have this on cars as well. Also that a car could light up another car? Or am I going a step too far? (:
Can You're talking about the beams of light?
Dave, all you're saying is what I'm requesting since june. Wink
I hope that real time lighting and soft shadows are on Scawen's list (that weird that LFS don't have this by the time, it's one of the first thing I learned in DX9, and it's easy and fast to implement).

Maybe we'll have reflection cubemap after that.
Quote from cargame.nl :
Quote from Scawen :I don't know what you mean by the 'main alternative layout'.

I think he means these layouts (combo's) which more or less became unofficial official; https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/73903 but unsupported by LFSWorld. Not all of them are great and some have really strange pit entry's or exits. Or undrivable sections of road like Fern Bay's extended start/finish straight.

Basically he is requesting official support for certain layouts designed and commonly used by the community.

Yes that's why I meant. It is also true that some are a bit weirdos/undriveable (well the one in Fern Bay is kinda of fun but expect to repair your car every 3 laps...), but the one used in airio online are becoming classic ones!
Quote from GAVD999 :
Quote from Dygear :Rule out bad RAM, run MemTest86 to be sure it's not a fault there. It sounds to me like a RAM issue. I had something similar with my computer no to long ago. Good news is, if they are Corsair sticks you can RMA them as they are covered for life.

Thanks Dygear, ran that and no errors at all. Have just completely reinstalled a fresh LFS and then tried G3 again and it seems to be working fine now.. Guess something was just bugged when I patched my old install?

Error's happen, in transit, on disk, or in memory. Looks like it was one of the other two this time.
Quote from Dygear :
Error's happen, in transit, on disk, or in memory. Looks like it was one of the other two this time.

Ye. First I would've checked downloaded patches checksums with something like http://corz.org/windows/software/checksum/ if there were 2 download attempts. If thats okay I would want to check my filesystem for errors.
This is good job. (pic 1)
Ein moment pic 2 This is shadow, where it ought not be (Look at the color of the car).
Attached images
shadow 0.6g0.6g3.jpg
shadow car0.6g0.6g3.jpg
That's OK. Just a flaw of an old graphic engine. I think DirectX7 couldn't do any better than that and LFS never got a new lightning system after upgrading to DX8 and DX9.
Actually there are many of work with shadows (from walls, buildings, objects (Shift + U)). There is progress, and it's great.
Updated to G3, cars wont load. Getting the following errors:

Quote :Feb 23 17:26:09 Could not open pixel shader (Car1)
Feb 23 17:26:09 Could not open vertex shader (Car1)
Feb 23 17:26:10 Garage : data\veh\RACEABOUT.veh
Feb 23 17:26:19 Garage : data\veh\XR GTR.veh
Feb 23 17:26:23 Garage : data\veh\UF 1000.veh

Quote from RacerAsh3 :Updated to G3, cars wont load. Getting the following errors:

Check your "veh" folder if it has RA.vob, XR.vob and UF.vob there.
Have you also used any vob mods?
I lose my connection to the server. I am connect to the server, the race started. And I see 2/7 laps O_o
LFS 0.6G
Attached images
2015-02-23_204932.jpg
Attached files
wtf_23.02.mpr - 406 KB - 447 views
Quote from racer autov8 :
Quote from RacerAsh3 :Updated to G3, cars wont load. Getting the following errors:

All present in that folder! Smile And nope never changed any of the files within there.
Quote from RacerAsh3 :
Quote from racer autov8 :

All present in that folder! Smile And nope never changed any of the files within there.

Try reinstalling whole LFS
Sounds like you didn't have version G installed before you installed G3.

If that is the case then you would be missing the pixel and vertex shaders (data\shaders folder) and a lot more too.
-
(Flotch) DELETED by Scawen : not relevant to test patch
-
(NeOn_sp) DELETED by NeOn_sp : I missundertand it. its a bug..
-
(Be2K) DELETED by Be2K : double post
-
(Be2K) DELETED by Scawen : not relevant to test patch
-
(Scawen) DELETED by Scawen : not relevant to test patch
Now that the shadow system is in work, can the shadow under the own car please be rendered, too? At least in Rift mode, because when leaning outside of a single seater something feels missing.
Quote from just2fast :Now that the shadow system is in work, can the shadow under the own car please be rendered, too? At least in Rift mode, because when leaning outside of a single seater something feels missing.

This is longstanding stuff which can be fixed by using "custom view" set to 0 0 0 position instead of stock "in-car view". I am not aware if it works in rift mode though.
Quote from Scawen :Sounds like you didn't have version G installed before you installed G3.

If that is the case then you would be missing the pixel and vertex shaders (data\shaders folder) and a lot more too.

was following all updates etc, had latest g version, and im across with the same problem! skins wont come up etc!
Quote from vitaly_m :
This is longstanding stuff which can be fixed by using "custom view" set to 0 0 0 position instead of stock "in-car view". I am not aware if it works in rift mode though.

Great, it works! Smile
After using G3 for a while now, I still don't have problems to report, waiting for next test patch. Smile
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG