The online racing simulator
So I´ve hit the former space barrier (red and white one) on the edge at 80km/h. It looks hillarious Big grin

EDIT: I didnt go to space but i got serious car and suspension damage. In fact, the collision would be quite realistic with better car damage visualisation (NOT A REQUEST) Smile
Attached images
kks2.jpg
Hey ! Finally the first test patch !

I was drifting around, and I discovered that autocross objects are not affected by bridge shadow, here is a screenshot on WE1.
Attached images
lfs_00000065.png
0.6G Aston - 90FPS
0.6G2 Aston - 180FPS

Seriously wow... Also the echoes!
0.6G Aston Cadet X - 52,5 FPS
0.6G2 Aston Cadet X - 65 FPS
Not much, but probably I'm already on the limit of the hardware, as this isn't a huge power machine. Great background updates, looking forward to the next updates!
When I open any replay from G version and click on End Race button LFS freezes

Log from event viewer:

Binary data:
In Words

0000: 006E0055 006E006B 0077006F 0000006E
0010: 0000

In Bytes

0000: 55 00 6E 00 6B 00 6E 00 U.n.k.n.
0008: 6F 00 77 00 6E 00 00 00 o.w.n...
0010: 00 00 ..

Quote from Degats :Just been testing the collision detection.

I don't think that is affected. The change is to allow detection on points that faced far away from the centre of the object. There was an optimisation that saved some computation, but it eliminated cases that should have been detected. Points that do face in the direction of the centre of the object are unaffected. So I think you'd get those same results in G as well.

Have a look at the attached screenshots - this is the case that is changed.

Quote from cargame.nl :This is the start of it.

What is the start of what?

Do you mean, this is the start of the new support for open configs that will be a lot better than the old one? I am planning to add custom start positions in the incompatible version, which will be good if, for example, anyone wants to make a road track around Westhill.

Quote from sicotange :I sometimes have a significant FPS loss (50FPS -> 15FPS) with 0.6G2 when alot of autocross objects have been added (900 objects packed in the same area that is). I switched back and forth between 0.6G2 and 0.6G and the difference in FPS was immediate. However sometimes I get: "REMOVED LIGHTING ON 93 MODELLER OBJECTS" but I don't know how it is triggered exactly.

That message about the 93 objects should come up every time you load the Autocross track area (but I will get rid of that). It shouldn't be related to your frame rate problem. Could that be fixed by the "optimise" button at the bottom of the the "more" section of the autocross editor? If you load a file, optimise should take place automatically after the load, but if you manually add many objects, you may need to manually click optimise. Nothing should have changed in that area...
Attached images
contact_G2.jpg
contact_G.jpg
Quote from Scawen :What is the start of what?

Somebody asked for the new Westhill track but that comment got mod-deleted after I replied.
Ah, ok! Well yes this is the start of it! Smile
Quote from Scawen :I am planning to add custom start positions in the incompatible version

Quote from Scawen :I am planning to add custom start positions in the incompatible version, which will be good if, for example, anyone wants to make a road track around Westhill.

I always wondered why didn't you already add this in earlier versions.
Still, thanks.
some people say that win FPS whit 6G2, I have lost 10 FPS
Quote from JoaoCruzDR :some people say that win FPS whit 6G2, I have lost 10 FPS

On normal track configurations, I think a slight FPS loss is normal because more objects are shown in the distance than in version G.

On the other hand, you should see some FPS increase on open configurations due to the new path system.
Quote from Scawen :I am planning to add custom start positions in the incompatible version, which will be good if, for example, anyone wants to make a road track around Westhill.

Wait a second... did Eric already built a whole city around Westhill? I think you may have to stop him before he start modeling a whole country around the track.
Quote from Amynue :Wait a second... did Eric already built a whole city around Westhill? I think you may have to stop him before he start modeling a whole country around the track.

No, don't stop him, just open a new windows with UF1, FXO and RB4 models while he is sleeping (if he's not, that's harder), so he could use this magical motivation he grown to improve the rest of the models. Big grin
Clearly a nice evolution ! It is a real pleasure to drive on Aston and not seeing objects appearing like magic Big grin ! Even on WestHill : not seeing the white line indicating the exit of pits that can be seen from far is just wonderful Big grin Big grin
Echo in open config is very nice too Smile ... Now, it is obvious that we need a long kind of Monaco tunnel to test the thing correctly... Eric ? Big grin
+220km/h bug pass any barrier
New collision detector still with bug of any car in +220km/h pass any barriers objects...
Quote from HKing :New collision detector still with bug of any car in +220km/h pass any barriers objects...

The new detection system is not here to correct this bug but improve accuracy of detection on autocross objects if I understand it correctly. But I also think that this but is an important one that need to be corrected (even if it's not everyday that people crash a wall at 220+ km/h while racing).

@Scawen : On Fern Bay X, sometimes I got massive FPS drop (from 90 to 15), and I need to restart the game to get normal framerate again. I think that the path system is disoriented on the cross of green, gold, rallycross and black configuration (do you know where I'm talking ?).
Quote from HKing :New collision detector still with bug of any car in +220km/h pass any barriers objects...

It's the same old collision detection system, but with one small change in a quite specific situation, as I showed with screenshots in my previous post: https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1881881#post1881881

I know there are still important issues with the collision detection, but I have not tried to solve them. I would be very interested to know if you find a new collision problem in G2 that was not there in G.

Quote from nacim :@Scawen : On Fern Bay X, sometimes I got massive FPS drop (from 90 to 15), and I need to restart the game to get normal framerate again. I think that the path system is disoriented on the cross of green, gold, rallycross and black configuration (do you know where I'm talking ?).

Can you reproduce this frame rate drop in single player mode? If you can, then please post the SPR here. I think the same path tracking will happen if we watch your replay, so that could help me find the problem.
I just spend 1 hour trying to reproduce it, but I didn't succeded.

But I had a suggestion poping out of my head, why not adding a configuration to Fern Bay using the turn at north of Green part of Fern Bay on the incompatible patch (not a high priority) ?
Also if Eric can do a quick fix for Fern Bay cross point (where there is no wall), that would be perfect. Smile
Quote from K0Z3L_43V3R :When I open any replay from G version and click on End Race button LFS freezes

Is this with single player or multiplayer replays?
Could you post a replay where this happens?
Can anyone else reproduce this?

Unfortunately I can't get anything from the binary information you posted. Maybe it means something but I don't know how to read it. I really need a crash address or offset. How to get this may depend on your version of Windows. Sometimes when a program crashes, there is an option to see more information, and there may be an offset or address in there. But a freeze is different from a crash...
Quote from Scawen :
Quote from K0Z3L_43V3R :When I open any replay from G version and click on End Race button LFS freezes

Is this with single player or multiplayer replays?
Can anyone else reproduce this?

Unfortunately I can't get anything from the binary information you posted. Maybe it means something but I don't know how to read it. I really need a crash address or offset. How to get this may depend on your version of Windows. Sometimes when a program crashes, there is an option to see more information, and there may be an offset or address in there. But a freeze is different from a crash...

They're just ASCII values that spell out "Unknown" as shown by the ASCII translation on the right, beside the hex values. Although, it's odd they're stored on integer boundaries rather than byte as might be expected of a char array. Whether these data are actually coming from LFS is unclear.
Love the FPS increase. Excited for more.
-
(DANIEL-CRO) DELETED by DANIEL-CRO
I did more testing and its probably something wrong with my current LFS, there is no problem with clean installed LFS updated to G2 version.

Quote from Scawen :Is this with single player or multiplayer replays?

Yes both single and multi replays, it happens with any replay I tried, even replays created with G2 version. LFS freeze for few minutes (0 cpu usage) then it starts responding and "LOCAL: Timer bounded" is displayed in chat. Here is screenshot from process explorer maybe there is something useful.
Attached images
freeze.jpg
Attached files
SO4_race_6L_8R_0F.mpr - 236.3 KB - 455 views
Quote from mbutcher :Car in the middle came from the AS CLUB path, the other two cars were on the AS GRAND PRIX path. The shadows under the credit suisse/intel bridge before the AS2 1st corner are slightly bugged when on the AS GRAND PRIX path.

Thanks, I've found the reason for this and generated new path lightmaps for Aston and Fern Bay.

Quote from racer autov8 :100fps increase Wink
Also I found this:
It's normal white when on a path.

Strange that your car got the wrong lighting colour when it was in an area where there is no path. It should just get the "full sunlight" colour in that case. Unfortunately I can't reproduce the bug yet...
Quote from Scawen :I am planning to add custom start positions in the incompatible version

That's awesome... Smile
*cough* in combination with custom pit-stop-box postions it would even be more awesome, thinking of SO2+3 or FE5 or AUx *cough* Big grin
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG