The online racing simulator
Scawen: thanks for update on those items progress, I appreciate it, and I'm big fan of your work. Have fun! Smile
#502 - col
Quote from Sobis :I do understand that it's dangerous for you to write progress because of the moaners and so on. But just so you know there still are people who really enjoy reading progress reports so thanks a lot and have fun developing what's left!

+1
Quote from Scawen :Get a hobby, ride a bike up a hill, just do something. Try another sim if you like, or something in the 'real world'. Just don't come here and moan and groan!

Unfortunately there is 3 feet of snow outside making that quite difficult.

Although... I could try whipping down a snow covered hill... hmm.

My bike would handle it, it's a boss ass bitch.
http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes/mountain/sport/3_series/3500_disc/#
Cant wait for the Test-Patch... Thanks for the News-Update Scawen Smile
Can't wait to see some results. But then again, I've already waited quite long time, so maybe it's just an exrepssion Smile

As a non topic related thing, I just want to express my thanks to Scawen for the Oculus Rift support. I just received my DK2 this week and I have to say, that the Rift support in LFS is a prime example how it should be done. I can't even put it to words how much I appreciate the work you have put on this. The result is just fantastic. Smile
Quote from Bmxtwins :My bike would handle it, it's a boss ass bitch.
http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes/mountain/sport/3_series/3500_disc/#

nice bike
Quote from Scawen :Eric, as he's still going round Westhill finishing things, making sure there is good collision detection on everything

What they want us to think is happening:

What they actually do:

Wink
Attached images
boing.gif
Quote from troy :
Just look at the mess Kunos is creating with AC yet again. It's not optimized very well [...]

This.

Great news Scawen. Even with a beefy PC, I still suffer frame rate drops on south city with medium-high res road textures, open config, 32 cars and 800+ objects. Any optimisation is worth the time in my opinion.
Quote :I just came to have a look here and I'm a bit disappointed to see old style groaning and moaning. It really is a bit 'old'.

You forget that a lot of gamers are incredible bell ends. I have one Steam early access game and they release an update without fail every Thursday. Even did so on Christmas day. They still get accused of abandoning the game development.
Even kunos, who has all but blown his player base with content gets flamed for not releasing various content that he's shown WIP images of.

Humanity is retarded.
Thank you for the update. Forget moaners, they are annoyingly more vocal than the vast patient majority.
This thread was created Sat 8 Nov 2014.

3 Months ago, just saying. Seems to me the Devs do not really put 110% into LFS, more like 50% because there seems to be no rush on anything. Oh wait, I forgot, VATMOSS was an absolute must since it would mean no sales or new revenue but everything else can just be done when it's done.
To be fair Edge... The VAT is not something they can do when they want, it is something that has to be done by law. I'm pretty sure the Devs would much sooner have been working on the sim rather than sorting out VAT.
Still does not appear to be 110% effort on their part. Here and there we get some small updates, but its been years since anything great has come to LFS. Yes there has been some good small patches here and there but nothing great or amazing.

In the time is has taken to get this 1 track updated, others have updated textures for multiple tracks. Yes I understand what they are doing is more complex, but how long does it really take? If someone wants to get something done, they do it and they get praised. Someone who wants to just get by and do things on their own free will gets mocked and ridiculed.

I know they each have families and lives, but at some point you have to get back to work and stop using it as an excuse to not do work.
It's nice to see how much inside knowledge on Scawens work schedule you've got. please tell me more.
Quote from edge3147 :This thread was created Sat 8 Nov 2014.

3 Months ago, just saying. Seems to me the Devs do not really put 110% into LFS

Quote from Scawen :I just came to have a look here and I'm a bit disappointed to see old style groaning and moaning. It really is a bit 'old'.

Yeah, LFS needs updates and we are working on it. Are the moaners and groaners working on their personal issues? Get a hobby, ride a bike up a hill, just do something. Try another sim if you like, or something in the 'real world'. Just don't come here and moan and groan! It doesn't make us work faster. It wastes your time and ours.

Why do people still feel the need to whine like babies? You've got your S2, that's all you've paid for tbh, everything else that is being added (before S3?!) is for the benefit of the sim and yourselves. Shutup whining like babies for gods sake, if you're that bothered just go play something else like Scawen has said.
Hey, same discussion as last year, two years and three years ago. Luckily most people which doesn't say anything are extremely busy with a Rift, on a fantasy track with a fantasy car. Guess what, it gets better. Better invest in your organisation skills and driving because its going to get wild _soon_. Right? Hhmm okay.

Maybe not. Getting familiar with something else is a better idea. No need to complain here though, time is over. For years already.
LFS is so dead. RIP.
Quote from troy :It's nice to see how much inside knowledge on Scawens work schedule you've got. please tell me more.

Edge better know what Scawen had for breakfast today, or I'll know he's just a liar about his insight.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :
Quote from troy :It's nice to see how much inside knowledge on Scawens work schedule you've got. please tell me more.

Edge better know what Scawen had for breakfast today, or I'll know he's just a liar about his insight.

Bacon, eggs sunny side up, toast, tea..............
Perhaps sausages, mushrooms, fried tomatoes.

Sunday breakfast in England ! (And Hobbitville)

Muesli and yogurt with herbal tea would explain the lack of progress Smile
Hi, thanks for the comments! That compatible test patch (without Westhill) is getting quite close now!

On Friday I did editor updates to help Eric. Also I was pleased to finally get DX9 debug output out of the development version of LFS. Previously I only got it from the public version. I actually had to list the specific LFS.exe in the DirectX control panel, in a place that looks like it only applies to DX10/11. Very strange, but good to see some debug output!

Edge3147, it's true I don't often put 110% into this. I'm not really into that expression, but I suppose 110% means somewhere higher than a sustainable effort. Well that can happen right before a patch and when I'm really on something, do some late nights and so on, while ending up tired. But I prefer not to do too much of that and I do have my cycling now as well (and a short trail run each week and a little swimming in the summer). As for work, I prefer to cruise along at an enjoyable rate. After all, work is a massive part of life and life should be enjoyed as much as possible.

Actually after 3 years of cycling I don't have a bad back any more. After too many years without proper exercise, and after carrying something too heavy on one occasion, I ended up with a problem where something in my lower back kept slipping to the wrong place and often gave a lot of pain! So it turns out that running and cycling increase strength and bring great benefits! Smile

Today I'll be looking into the hidden object files and seeing what else can be sorted for the compatible test patch.
@Scawen: I try to stay out of these kind of topics as much as possible, since long term users of LFS, already know how you like to work and that everything you do is either up to your standards or not going out at all. Just want to thank you for keeping the developement going and sharing information with us when ever you feel up to it. Keep it up and thanks again for this great game.
Smile Take care of your body Scawen !
S3, tire physics, graphics and "our goal is to cover any type of racing" : these won't be done without you in good health Big grin
Sounds good, thanks for the update.

Quote from edge3147 :In the time is has taken to get this 1 track updated, others have updated textures for multiple tracks.

Off you go then.
This thread is closed

Westhill Progress (November)
(946 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG