The online racing simulator
Post your track/car drawings!
(63 posts, started )
Bump, I found some old pencils and since I haven't drawn anything in years (in fact I never seriously drew a car), I gave it a try Smile
Attached images
Schumi F2004.JPG
That looks pretty nice for a first time drawing a car, keep it up Smile

I haven't drawn anything for long either and I'd actually like to try something again. I just need to force myself to do it, too lazy :P

Anyway here's my latest drawing, from 2013.
Attached images
lola_t212___dr__helmut_marko_by_flame_cze-d6fgv1b.jpg
Thanks, yours looks awesome! Do you get the proportions right just with your visual judgement? I added a grid for that purpose which makes it really easy to draw, that way it's only about how patient you are Big grin

Quote from Flame CZE :I just need to force myself to do it, too lazy :P

Same here, knowing how long such a drawing takes discourages me to even get started, usually..
Thanks!
Quote from Jens O. :Thanks, yours looks awesome! Do you get the proportions right just with your visual judgement? I added a grid for that purpose which makes it really easy to draw, that way it's only about how patient you are Big grin

Strangely, I have never used a grid to get the proportions right, and in fact I had always wondered how others did it up till recently.

The way I drew that picture was that I had a book with the real photo next to the paper and I looked back and forth. I remember I had to measure some proportions with a ruler, which wasn't very efficient Big grin

Here's a comparison of the real photo and the drawing.

So anyway, I'd like to try using a grid for my next drawing, and see how it goes.
Attached images
Helmut Marko comparison.jpg
Quote from Flame CZE :Here's a comparison of the real photo and the drawing.

Insane... If you added a sepia effect to your drawing after scanning it, I could hardly tell which one was the original picture. Big grin

Also, as you already manage to get the proportions spot on, I doubt that using a grid will help you much (except that you might save some time)
its my dream to become cars designer, but in my country this kind of dream is like trying to reach moon or mars Frown.
Learning blender to model my proper cars back to 2009, now I have some experience with 3D modeling but still noob with advanced texturing or advanced render scene, end of 2013 I started my first real project from scratch using my littel new graphics tablet ( wacom bemboo pen and touch ) to drawing concept and ofc blender to make it in 3D.

here the final result :

with blender cycle engine :

better with Vray but not very compatible with blender ( tyres textures are missing... ) :

Quote from lfsrm :its my dream to become cars designer, but in my country this kind of dream is like trying to reach moon or mars Frown.
Learning blender to model my pr...

I am a car designer myself and I can tell you I know people from everywhere in the world in the industry. If you can go abroad to study transportation design just do it, now!

BTWi suggest you to start learning Autodesk Alias for 3D modeling and Keyshot, Bunkspeed Shot or RTT for rendering since those are the universal programs we use in this sector.
thanks for advice, I use blender only because its free software .
lfsrm, not that I got a clue about designing cars, but especially your sketches look really good and professional to me - keep it up! Thumbs up

I managed to finish another drawing, took me almost 15 hours (all the decals drove me crazy) .. Not a track or car, but close enough:
Attached images
Häkkinen+Schumacher.png
I might post this, did this during the night when I was bored and spent about 30-40 minutes on it. I've gotten too used to drawing really tall cars with huge wheels so it's no wonder this one shares the same errors, as I draw without any "proportioning" lines alongside to make it closer to realistic.

Once I get home I might scan a few drawings I've spent more time with, as I might just re-draw them digitally and fix some slight mishaps.

The quality is bad, i'm aware, the pic was taken with a potato battery.
another one:
Attached images
20150202_191539c.jpg
I like!
Meh, just a crappy drawing I made a few years ago, I thought I share it with you for a few laughs lads.

BTW, as I said earlier, drawing tires was not my specialty and I never gave me the time to finish it.
Attached images
golfito.jpg

Post your track/car drawings!
(63 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG